• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
Well I'm sure we'll have the option to use these Pokémon as they are alternate forms, I doubt they will happen through leveling up.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well I'm sure we'll have the option to use these Pokémon as they are alternate forms, I doubt they will happen through leveling up.

There is an item that goes along with the new Mega Evolutions. in the bit with Torchic Event is says its holding a Mega Stone.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Ruining Absol in one foul swoop... not cool GameFreak. Although we don't know much about "Mega-Evolutions," yet I'm praying they're just alternate forms - either way I'm already not a fan of this move.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ruining Absol in one foul swoop... not cool GameFreak. Although we don't know much about "Mega-Evolutions," yet I'm praying they're just alternate forms - either way I'm already not a fan of this move.

Actually Magic Bounce is a good thing. It can enter into battle with no worries from Entry Hazards and the opponent cannot inflict status damage upon it. We don't know if there is a Stat switch either so they may beef Absol up some more as well. From where it stands, right now they improved upon it.

Years
This is a shocking news because I was completely not expecting this, but putting "Mega" in front of a Pokemon just sounds really stupid in my opinion... I guess I'll have to use the Name Rater now.

-Neji-

Something Different
Years
So much Q_Q . this is ADDED content not changing you're favorite pokemon . die hard fans make me laugh. besides, this is cool, I think Absol was one of the most asked for evolution anyway. CHILL . jeez...

Years
Oh please be fake oh please oh please be fake. I'm not a "genwunner", but if this become confirmed, I might mutate into one.

I do have to admit this generation has been breaking so many trends lately, now they seem to be becoming a Digimon wannabe. I do have mixed views on this as those Mega-Pokemon look a bit OP, but I'm hoping we can just give them a special item to make them mega, because reaching those forms by level-up means we could be seeing four-stage evolution lines which I am certainly not going to like that much.

I guess I may end up not enjoying these games as much as I thought.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
So if the Torchic line gets a Mega evo, will all starter lines get one? I wonder what other Pokés will get a Mega evolution?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Guys...There is a Stone that comes with Torchic in the Torchic Download event called the Mega Stone.

Read peoples! There is an item to get to the Mega forms.

Serebii said:
First event for Pokémon X & Y. Torchic to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Hold a new item called Blaziken Knight. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken. It's also mentioned to utilise something called a Mega Stone

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2015
This is incredibly ridiculous, "Omg they are like Digimon/new OP Pokemon and they have stupid names so I am not going to enjoy this generation even though I probably don't have to use them at all and omg now my favorite Pokemon Blazeiken is ruined because it can evolve now even though as stated previously there is nothing forcing me to use his new form". Guess I'll just have to enjoy this game alone then.

blue

gucci
Years
Guys...There is a Stone that comes with Torchic in the Torchic Download event called the Mega Stone.

Read peoples! There is an item to get to the Mega forms.

Torchic hold an item called the Blaziken Knight, I can only assume the same will be the case for the others that have these Mega Evolutions.

[Hoenn Remakes confirmed btw lmao]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This is incredibly ridiculous, "Omg they are like Digimon/new OP Pokemon and they have stupid names so I am not going to enjoy this generation even though I probably don't have to use them at all and omg now my favorite Pokemon Blazeiken is ruined because it can evolve now even though as stated previously there is nothing forcing me to use his new form". Guess I'll just have to enjoy this game alone then.

I dislike them but find them really cool ideas so you won't be alone dude XD

And "Mega" ISN'T TRANSLATED NAMES PEOPLE!

We have just the rough translation. We don't know what they will be called in the localized versions. They may give each of them iconic names.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I need to know more about this feature before I can form a real opinion.
I'm curious to see how they will come into play in the game, and how they will change things.
I also need to know if they're going to be stuck this way permanently, or if they're just alternate formes when they're holding a Mega Stone? Do all the Pokemon get this or just a select few?

There's just not enough information yet for me to form a full opinion.

Years
Aside from all that... Imagine if Pokemon in their "pre-Mega" status can hold & use Eviolites.

This does breed whole new possibilites, though. "Mega Charizard" with Fire/Dragon typing will be much more useful.

Years
Right now I've got conflicting views on these; I can't decide if I like them or not. On the one hand, it seems kind of unnecessary, but on the other, it could really shake things up, which might be nice. I'm going to guess that every Pokemon will have a Mega form? It'd be so many new Pokemon for Game Freak to add, though. But I want to see Mega Snorlax! {XD}

Hiresh

POKEMON LEGEND
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
This is not even confirmed.
It could be fake, i hope it is though.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I don't think this new Mega thing would be that bad if every fully evolved Pokémon/Pokémon that don't evolve got one. It would be unfair to others if they didn't get a mega from. I also wonder if the event Torchic is the only way to get a Mega Stone or whatever it is.

But I want to see Mega Snorlax! {XD}
If we get a mega Wailord, I will be completely fine with this :)

Back