• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club V 2.0

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • I actually never heard that one with the maps...now i am lost. Can you draw me or show me how they connect in a way? And if so then lol i wonder if they will ever connect everything and give us a full blown up thing.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Where does it say that FS takes place before OoT & FSA takes place before LttP? The backstory for FSA seems to indicate that it is the same Link(s) as in FS.

Zelda not knowing Link is a big detail though, who could forget the Hero who saved them and their land? Also Ganon has died a few times. LttP, WW, LoZ. Also, I don't count the BSX titles as Canon since you don't actually play as Link if I remember correctly, plus they didn't add anything from those games to the GBA re-release, since they could have, similar to the new opening to the Super Mario World Advance re-release. The Triforce becomes whole whenever the original carriers die I believe. If it was LttP Link, he'd have the Triforce within him, not at Hyrule Castle. The boat is minor as there was nothing of too much interest about the boat, unlike the KoRL, Link's boats in Oracles and LA were just generic boats. In the story for Link's Awakening, it said that Link left on a journey to improve his skills, that is why he is on a boat. Oracles Link is most likely on a boat so that he can return to Hyrule, if it is one continent, he may not have known. Poor Link, he was probably lost afterwards.

As for the maps, that is purely coinsidental, however, it is a theory that Holodrum and Labrynna are parts of the Adventure of Link map. Also, Holodrum is very close in Geography to the original LoZ map, as it was originally going to be a remake. There isn't, however, proof that either one form one landmass with Hyrule.

Also remember that the Oracle Titles were created by Capcom, reusing the sprites from Link's Awakening and reusing some characters from OoT & Majora's Mask, such as Malon, Talon, Biggoron, & Twinrova.
    And reusing characters is used in many titles since then now.

Ancient Stones Tablets would be after ALttP. So, why would information about events that follow it be in the GBA release of ALttP?

Also, Eiji said that FS was "the oldest tale". This was before the release of TMC.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • And reusing characters is used in many titles since then now.

Ancient Stones Tablets would be after ALttP. So, why would information about events that follow it be in the GBA release of ALttP?

Also, Eiji said that FS was "the oldest tale". This was before the release of TMC.
    Other than Tingle (due to popularity in Japan), I haven't seen many times that characters were reused outside of the Capcom games, although their have been characters with similar designs.
    I'm still not so sure just how canonical the BS titles are.

This is a sequel from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, right?
    I don't think so personally. If it weren't for them using the WW Link design so much, I'd think so. I have doubts though since there has never been an officially stated third game for any Link thus far.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Other than Tingle (due to popularity in Japan), I haven't seen many times that characters were reused outside of the Capcom games, although their have been characters with similar designs.
    I'm still not so sure just how canonical the BS titles are.

I don't think so personally. If it weren't for them using the WW Link design so much, I'd think so. I have doubts though since there has never been an officially stated third game for any Link thus far.
    Majora's Mask, The Minish Cap (which is Capcom, so...probably doesn't count), and Four Swords Adventures.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Majora's Mask, The Minish Cap (which is Capcom, so...probably doesn't count), and Four Swords Adventures.
    Majora's Mask didn't use the same characters, they were different characters complete with different names (except for Koume & Kotake, who kept their old names) they simply reused the character models to reflect that the game was set in a parallel universe. So thus far only the Oracle games, Minish Cap, and Four Swords Adventures, have used the same characters as previous games, and of those three, two were produced by Capcom and the third is more of a side game to me (though I do recognise it as canonical, its just not as deep as a usual Zelda title).

I'm also curious how you guys view the timeline? I place the games in this order.
    Spoiler:

Photobucket shrunk the picture, the text under OoT says:
    "Due to Princess Zelda sending Link back to his childhood in the ending of Ocarina of Time, the timeline splits into the timeline Link returned to, hereby called the Child Timeline, and the timeline Link returned from after sealing away Ganondorf, hereby called the Adult Timeline."
    The text beside the Oracle games says:
    "Due to the Triforce being in Hyrule Castle, or possibly a Temple, I place these two games into the Child Timeline, although their exact placement is unknown.

Due to the Link-Up System used in the Oracle Titles, they could be place as either one coming before or after the other. I prefer this order as it is both the order used in the non-canonical manga adaptions as well as the order in which I bought them."

The text besides Spirit Tracks says:
    "Due to very little information about this title being available, it is placed here until more is revealed about the story or until some close with the game's development says something as to its placement in the timeline."

The text under certain titles, such as LttP and LA, says "Direct Sequel".

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Majora's Mask didn't use the same characters, they were different characters complete with different names (except for Koume & Kotake, who kept their old names) they simply reused the character models to reflect that the game was set in a parallel universe. So thus far only the Oracle games, Minish Cap, and Four Swords Adventures, have used the same characters as previous games, and of those three, two were produced by Capcom and the third is more of a side game to me (though I do recognise it as canonical, its just not as deep as a usual Zelda title).

I'm also curious how you guys view the timeline? I place the games in this order.
    Spoiler:

Photobucket shrunk the picture, the text under OoT says:
    "Due to Princess Zelda sending Link back to his childhood in the ending of Ocarina of Time, the timeline splits into the timeline Link returned to, hereby called the Child Timeline, and the timeline Link returned from after sealing away Ganondorf, hereby called the Adult Timeline."
    The text beside the Oracle games says:
    "Due to the Triforce being in Hyrule Castle, or possibly a Temple, I place these two games into the Child Timeline, although their exact placement is unknown.

Due to the Link-Up System used in the Oracle Titles, they could be place as either one coming before or after the other. I prefer this order as it is both the order used in the non-canonical manga adaptions as well as the order in which I bought them."

The text besides Spirit Tracks says:
    "Due to very little information about this title being available, it is placed here until more is revealed about the story or until some close with the game's development says something as to its placement in the timeline."

The text under certain titles, such as LttP and LA, says "Direct Sequel".
    My timeline at the moment is
    \ TMC - FS - OoT/MM - TP
    / TMC - FS - OoT - TWW/PH - FSA - ALttP/OoS/OoA/LA - LoZ/AoL

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • And also how the new game will fit.

I personal believe that it will be a sequel to PH as it has the same link. (He has a different hat :()

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well it could be a sequel with link and tetra forming a New hyrule and all and link got some kind of job forming it and we see that. Or its very far in the future and we just dont know it.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • And also how the new game will fit.

I personal believe that it will be a sequel to PH as it has the same link. (He has a different hat :()
    I doubt it, it has the same Link design as WW and PH but so did Four Swords, FSA, and Minish Cap.

Hm.... I still say we ask Triforce... where has he been anyway?
    I don't think he'd know much more about it than anyone one else here since it was just announced and Nintendo doesn't reveal much about their games 'til closer to release. It was more of a teaser, not revealing much of the story other than that it had Link & Zelda and involved Trains in some way.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Also guys we got a possible release date for spirit tracks.
    list.jpg

And that is for the states. Which means that the game could be out by this summer possibly in japan!

Back