• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club V 2.0

Mitchman

Banned
Years
DO THE HAPPY ZELDA DANCE PEOPLE! GUESS WHATS COMING TO THE DS.
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=12920
WOOT NEW ZELDA. WITH TRAINS. AND PHANTOM HOURGLASS GRAPHICS. AND POSSIBLY A SEQUEL. WITH TRAINS. AND POSSIBLE LINEBECK. LINEBECK+TRAINS=EPIC WIN(IMO)

SORRY BOUT THAT TOO HYPED!

So yeah now that im calm here is the videohttp://www.viddler.com/explore/LITHCast/videos/1/

I seriously think this will be a damn fine game better then what we think or suspect.
I mean those evil dudes from the sea king temple. In ghostly looks. Controlled by link. I also love the new wind based item.

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Yeah, that new item looks great. =D Seems like Hyrule is headed to a new Era of technology. A train... from all things to excpect, I don't think that would have been on my list. :3 But hey, it looks fine. And if it gives the same feeling as any other Zelda game, you don't hear me complaining. XD Wind Waker brought up something new, many complained, but it still made a very fine game <3 So who knows what to expect.
I'm looking forward to it. =D

Kagara

Years
The new game looks good, I really enjoyed PH and this looks to be the same calibre.

I think we might get some interesting things at E3.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
We will. But hell i never saw the internet so heated up. Was it like this back in the WW days?
Anyway it seems hyrule is HUGE. Check the high quality video here and on fullscreen
'http://kotaku.com/5184207/all-aboard-the-zelda-spirit-tracks-trailer-train#c
If you see its only the shouthwest area we know of. So then imagine it on foot. My ds will be dead by then. So thats a simple explanation why no?

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
DO THE HAPPY ZELDA DANCE PEOPLE! GUESS WHATS COMING TO THE DS.
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=12920
WOOT NEW ZELDA. WITH TRAINS. AND PHANTOM HOURGLASS GRAPHICS. AND POSSIBLY A SEQUEL. WITH TRAINS. AND POSSIBLE LINEBECK. LINEBECK+TRAINS=EPIC WIN(IMO)

SORRY BOUT THAT TOO HYPED!

So yeah now that im calm here is the videohttp://www.viddler.com/explore/LITHCast/videos/1/

I seriously think this will be a damn fine game better then what we think or suspect.
I mean those evil dudes from the sea king temple. In ghostly looks. Controlled by link. I also love the new wind based item.
I'm not so sure that Linebeck will be in it, they've never done three Zelda titles with the same Link, they've only ever done at least two, even with the Four Swords Link(s). Since I'm nearly possitive that this will be a different Link than WW/PH Link, its safe to say that he'll likely not be in it, although someone based on him, like the Runner/Mailman from OoT/MM & the Rito Postman from WW.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
True true i was a bit hyped if you couldnt notice. Anyway gah i cant wait for this to come out. Hopefully though it wont be one of the many god damn ds games with DSi features. But if it is and it comes with a gold dsi or something buying it is a must,

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
Years
I started to get angry when I saw he didn't have his little green hat but you do see it when he's fighting so hopefully he's only in his train driver clothes when he's on the train.

I hope you don't have to find bits of the track in order for you to progress, that just sounds tedious like finding all them shards in WW lol

Kagara

Years
Thanks for the link.

I agree that this Link will be probably be a new one, considering the clothes and scene with Zelda and Link we see in the trailer.

I like the fact that they bringing another new feature to Zelda, but I wonder if bringing a train to the series will affect the rest of the technology in game.

+Roxas+

God Of Umbreon
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
no i think its a sequel look at zelda, weren't tetra and link trying tofind a new hyrule, i think this might be it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
A third title for TWW? O_O

If that is the case then I'm thinking Link and Tetra have found New Hyrule, Tetra resumes her role as the princess and sends Link to chart the land, bring it together, and explore the new frontier via railroad.

The DS has two Zelda titles now. And all the Wii has was a quick port of a GCN game and then a sidequest based off of the same engine. True Wii Zelda titles now please.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
I really doubt that this is a third WW title, if it is, I hope other Zelda Duos, such as OoT/MM & LttP/LA, get new titles to further their storylines. I'm also hoping we get a new Link design soon, I'd be fine with a slightly different one like OoT's & TP's Link. I'm just getting a little sick of seeing the same Link design in so many games. Shall we count the games featuring the same Link design.
Four Swords, Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and now Spirit Tracks.
Thats more than twice the amount of that all the other Link designs were used.
Here's some art to prove my point.

The Legend of Zelda
Spoiler:

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Spoiler:

Link to the Past/Link's Awakening
Spoiler:

Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Spoiler:

Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages
Spoiler:

Four Swords/Wind Waker/Four Swords Adventures/Minish Cap/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks
Spoiler:

Twilight Princess
Spoiler:

As you can see, they have used a new design for every individual Link except for the WW/PH, FS/FSA, MC, & ST Links. Coincidentally, the only time that a Link used a different design but was the same Link was for LoZ & AoL, which was probably only because he was the first, and so far only, Link to age drastically from one game to the other (Child to 16). The original LoZ Link is also the only Link to have more than one design for the same game.

Oh yeah, and Nintendo said that Spirits Tracks will play on the normal DS & DSLites as well as the DSi. Its unlikely that there will be many DS games that are DSi only.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I really doubt that this is a third WW title, if it is, I hope other Zelda Duos, such as OoT/MM & LttP/LA, get new titles to further their storylines. I'm also hoping we get a new Link design soon, I'd be fine with a slightly different one like OoT's & TP's Link. I'm just getting a little sick of seeing the same Link design in so many games. Shall we count the games featuring the same Link design.
Four Swords, Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and now Spirit Tracks.
Thats more than twice the amount of that all the other Link designs were used.
Here's some art to prove my point.

The Legend of Zelda
Spoiler:

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Spoiler:

Link to the Past/Link's Awakening
Spoiler:

Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Spoiler:

Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages
Spoiler:

Four Swords/Wind Waker/Four Swords Adventures/Minish Cap/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks
Spoiler:

Twilight Princess
Spoiler:

As you can see, they have used a new design for every individual Link except for the WW/PH, FS/FSA, MC, & ST Links. Coincidentally, the only time that a Link used a different design but was the same Link was for LoZ & AoL, which was probably only because he was the first, and so far only, Link to age drastically from one game to the other (Child to 16). The original LoZ Link is also the only Link to have more than one design for the same game.
If you want to be really specific. ALttP and LA are the same Link and originally shared the same art but then the Capcom rerelease created new artwork.

Also, the Oracle have a strong chance of having the same Link as ALttP and LA. So....there's an example for three games.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
The Oracles Series Link isn't the same as the LttP/LA Link because Zelda didn't act like she knew him in those games, which would be odd considering that he saved her twice in LttP. His design is similar, but its also pretty different, specifically the white pants/tight, similar to Lttp/LA & AoL and OoT & TP. The Oracles series was originally planned to have three games release as the Triforce Series, each on featuring the same Link and focusing on one of the three Goddesses (Din, Farore, & Nayru), but the Farore Game was scrapped early on. They were each named Seed of Courage/Wisdom/Power.
Capcom only made new art for the Four Swords addition of the Advance game, they used the same artwork as the original SNES release of the game.

I know which Links are the same Links, due to obvious story links and artwork used for it, the only questionable Link is Spirit Tracks, due to little info. The only Links to not be used twice are currently MC & TP, although it is likely that he'll be used again. Of course, this isn't counting OoT Link in SSB, SSBM, & Soul Calibur II, or TP Link in Link's Crossbow Training or, along with WW/PH Link, SSBB, or any other Link cameos over the years.
Legend of Zelda - Adventure of Link
Link to the Past - Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time - Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons - Oracle of Ages
Four Swords - Four Swords Adventures
Wind Waker - Phantom Hourglass
Minish Cap
Twilight Princess

The funny thing is that the only time that a different Zelda was used for the same Link was in Zelda II: Adventure of Link, where the Princess Zelda in it was cursed long before even the time of OoT. She was cursed for hiding the Triforce of Courage from an Evil Wizard and placed into a deep sleep. Her brother, the Prince of Hyrule, grief-stricken over what he had caused to happen, for he had wanted the power of the Triforce of Courage and had requested the Wizard's help, declared that from that point on, all princesses born into the Royal Family of Hyrule would be named Zelda, in honor of his eternally sleeping sister. It explains why every Princess in the Zelda series is named "Zelda" early on in the series, how do you like that? They don't have to for Link since you can name him something different in each game if you wanted to.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
FS and FSA have the same Link?

FS probably takes place before OoT. FSA before ALttP. That's would be one really, old Link.

I find that inconsistency with the princess to be a minor detail compared to everything that supports it. In the Oracle titles.... the Triforce is whole and resting in Hyrule castle, Link ends his adventure on the very same boat he is in at the start of LA (and we know from LA and the Japanese Ancient Stones Tablets BSX title that Link left on an adventure after ALttP and before LA), Ganon is revived. And you can't be revived unless you were dead - at the end of ALttP, Ganon is "completely destroyed". If you actually take a look at the geography and the maps you'll see that ALttP's Hyrule actually fits between Holodrum and Labrynna - it's one big continent.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Yep we know. And thats why i am telling you link will have 2 personas in this game. One as everyones favorite train conductor and one as zeldas white knight(green?)

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
FS and FSA have the same Link?

FS probably takes place before OoT. FSA before ALttP. That's would be one really, old Link.

I find that inconsistency with the princess to be a minor detail compared to everything that supports it. In the Oracle titles.... the Triforce is whole and resting in Hyrule castle, Link ends his adventure on the very same boat he is in at the start of LA (and we know from LA and the Japanese Ancient Stones Tablets BSX title that Link left on an adventure after ALttP and before LA), Ganon is revived. And you can't be revived unless you were dead - at the end of ALttP, Ganon is "completely destroyed". If you actually take a look at the geography and the maps you'll see that ALttP's Hyrule actually fits between Holodrum and Labrynna - it's one big continent.
Where does it say that FS takes place before OoT & FSA takes place before LttP? The backstory for FSA seems to indicate that it is the same Link(s) as in FS.

Zelda not knowing Link is a big detail though, who could forget the Hero who saved them and their land? Also Ganon has died a few times. LttP, WW, LoZ. Also, I don't count the BSX titles as Canon since you don't actually play as Link if I remember correctly, plus they didn't add anything from those games to the GBA re-release, since they could have, similar to the new opening to the Super Mario World Advance re-release. The Triforce becomes whole whenever the original carriers die I believe. If it was LttP Link, he'd have the Triforce within him, not at Hyrule Castle. The boat is minor as there was nothing of too much interest about the boat, unlike the KoRL, Link's boats in Oracles and LA were just generic boats. In the story for Link's Awakening, it said that Link left on a journey to improve his skills, that is why he is on a boat. Oracles Link is most likely on a boat so that he can return to Hyrule, if it is one continent, he may not have known. Poor Link, he was probably lost afterwards.

As for the maps, that is purely coinsidental, however, it is a theory that Holodrum and Labrynna are parts of the Adventure of Link map. Also, Holodrum is very close in Geography to the original LoZ map, as it was originally going to be a remake. There isn't, however, proof that either one form one landmass with Hyrule.

Also remember that the Oracle Titles were created by Capcom, reusing the sprites from Link's Awakening and reusing some characters from OoT & Majora's Mask, such as Malon, Talon, Biggoron, & Twinrova.

Back