• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    anyone know where i get a pokemon editor for pokemon BLUE/RED?
    Pokemon Edit GB dosen't work, when it loads the rom, and you save anything on it, even unchanged, it gives a run-time error 75, on all roms.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    The thing I tried that is that method is not applicable for windows 7 x64
    Whenever i try to index file(using paint there is a step in which u need to copy one image over the other) the color depth is restored to normal(24bpp) from 4 bpp

So is there any other method which doesn't involve use of paint

Not sure but i think paint is necessary for background indexing

No, Paint isn't necessary, and it does it for me too, and there is no need for Paint, so I avoid it by not opening it in Paint, just use IrfanView, and then insert.

Years
  • What's ASM? And, how do I do it? I mean, any tut for how to do it?

ASM is an abbreviation for assembly, the (correct me if I'm wrong) core language that the ROMs you hack are normally built in, and they allow you to edit the RO a lot more than you can with scripting. It's not really the easiest of things to learn and you can't just say how to do it in one document as it branches over many aspects of hacking, not just one sole thing (again, don't quote me on that).

I'm not 100% sure where you could find a tut on the basics of ASM, but Google is your friend.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    anyone know where i get a pokemon editor for pokemon BLUE/RED?
    Pokemon Edit GB dosen't work, when it loads the rom, and you save anything on it, even unchanged, it gives a run-time error 75, on all roms.

Here are a few
    freewebs .com/mattios/utils.htm

Thanks, but, what i ment with pokemon editor for BLUE/RED, was a program that allows to change STATS/TYPES and maybe learnable moves and such, like "POKEMON EDIT GB" supossily allow, exept that it dosen't work.
    And that site dosen't have any of those :C, on google i just find POKEMON EDIT GB, that does it, but that program, dosen't work, on any RED/BLUE rom (i tried on many because i thought they could be corrupted or changed, but nope the program just dosen't work at all).

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    What's ASM? And, how do I do it? I mean, any tut for how to do it?

Lke The Master said, Google is your friend. Even searching a simple ASM hacking, the first result (gamerzneeds) has a long list of possible tuts, and a brief overview of ASM hacking.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    How do you change the empty slots into Normal Pokemon and give them Pokedex entries? (the ???'s between Celebi and Egg)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • How do you change the empty slots into Normal Pokemon and give them Pokedex entries? (the ???'s between Celebi and Egg)

You don't
    You can make them pokemon and everything, but you can't make pokedex entries for them.

Yeah, technically they are Pokemon. What people don't seem to understand is that the pokedex data is not tied to the Pokemon data. It is not possible to add more Pokedex entries without ASM.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    The thing I tried that is that method is not applicable for windows 7 x64
    Whenever i try to index file(using paint there is a step in which u need to copy one image over the other) the color depth is restored to normal(24bpp) from 4 bpp

So is there any other method which doesn't involve use of paint

Not sure but i think paint is necessary for background indexing

This is full of lies and slander.

Have your image in irfanview, then click image, decrease color depth, go to 16 colors.

There you go.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    How do you change the empty slots into Normal Pokemon and give them Pokedex entries? (the ???'s between Celebi and Egg)

Are you on about Gold or FR/R? Actually, doesn't matter. ASM is the answer, to nearly everything. Like stated above. Happy searching.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021

Are you on about Gold or FR/R? Actually, doesn't matter. ASM is the answer, to nearly everything. Like stated above. Happy searching.

Actually, I believe you just need to edit the Pokedex entries to include their values then edit the pointers via a pokedex editor program.

Happy hacking

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    When I enter Route 2 in my ROM, on some tiles that I step on, the screen will suddenly go black,
    and the game will restart...

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    When I enter Route 2 in my ROM, on some tiles that I step on, the screen will suddenly go black,
    and the game will restart...

Do you have any people events with hidden on the map? If so I think thats your problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back