• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    I am trying to make a hack, but every time I use the warp from the player's house into the town, the game freezes and goes black. I was wondering if there was any way to fix this.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I try to make a new map in Advanced Map but it always replaces an existing map - I don't want it to replace a map lol! I need them for guidance.

How do I make a completely, brand new map without having to replace a previously-made map?

Congratulations I Hate You

Used to be itman1234...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    I try to make a new map in Advanced Map but it always replaces an existing map - I don't want it to replace a map lol! I need them for guidance.

How do I make a completely, brand new map without having to replace a previously-made map?

Well, you can't really do that =/ You can, though, save the original map (file - save as), and then open that file up in paint to see the old maps and use them for "guidance"

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I try to make a new map in Advanced Map but it always replaces an existing map - I don't want it to replace a map lol! I need them for guidance.

Actually, he isn't right.

A new Map... File - Map - Create New Map. Then, map as you want, and then go to Map - Insert Map, then select Free Space, or whatever the bottom option is. It saves it under Pallet Town. Then go to Map Header, and there should be a dropdown menu, with map names. Select a map name from that list (Sevii Island 8 for example, isn't really used, as it is Navel Rock), and then Save your ROM, Reload it, and voila, it is listed under that. Then you can rename it under Map Header.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I mean, how do you change the tile on the trees and mountains, which number do they have in Ruby unLZ?

AdvanceMap has a Block Editor, which is commonly used in all Tile Inserting tutorials. Read some. Easier, and more reliable than unlz for this.

Years
  • Urm, does anyone know a source for battle animations?
    But not the Pokemon sprites. Just the attack animation, alone.
    Like, e.g Flamethrower, you don't see the actual user and the foe's Pokemon, but only the fire?
    Thanks =P

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Does anyone know some good Pokemon Diamond Tools?

A trainer editor (NOT sebbe's)
    Attack Editor (NOT D-trogh's, that one caused problems too)
    Also a rival and Elite four AND champion editor (NOT sebbe's again, make sure it can edit the pokemon when your rival teams with you at SpeaR Pillar)
    TM Compatibily thing (again, not D-Trogh's)

And any other tools you can put.

Thats all i need. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    ^^
    Download Lunar IPS...
    exreamly self explanitory program.

In my XSE level script, one of my texts ( you know the "= textextext" thing) returns a error for the line under it saying the "st" is an unknown keyword. Theres absolutly nothing on line 80, but it still says that "ST' is an unknown keyword. Anyone have a solution?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Sorry if this has already been asked prior to this, but I looked and didn't find it.

Whenever I upload my trainer pics I've edited using the UNLZ gba it changes some of the colors, why does this happen?

and is there a better way of inserting the sprites?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    Did you check to make sure that the pallets are correct?
    UNLZ is a very fickle program sometimes, but make sure you import your pallet correctly.

If the pallets arn't off, try inserting it to a clean rom.. if that works, try backing up your rom and inserting it into the new rom.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Thanks for the response, I think I am inserting them right.. although I might be mistaken. Is there a program that helps with this?

EDIT: helps with the pallette and coloring? I think someone mentioned APE or something?

Last edited:

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • Hi i have tried to replace a sprite but when it imports to the image comverter it dosnt replace the pokemon it just screws up its colors

heres a screen shot

Spoiler:

Im getting no errors after it imports.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back