• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VII speculation, new features and discussion thread

Where do you want the Next Generation of pokemon to be based in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I think a uk based one would be cool, especially as it would make a possibility of a port city based on bristol (Where im from) and the Clifton suspension bridge would look cool in he pokemon world, with Leigh woods on the other side, meaning there could be a forest area then the suspension bridge and into the city. Hmm the more i think of this the more i want it haha

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    i feel like a lot of people are just voting from where they are from as opposed to taking into context that the map should be in a place based on exoticism and can facilitate a diverse environment. but then again the folks at pokemon/gamefreak/nintendo could make a game set in a cardboard box and make it like a dreamscape.

Years
  • i feel like a lot of people are just voting from where they are from as opposed to taking into context that the map should be in a place based on exoticism and can facilitate a diverse environment. but then again the folks at pokemon/gamefreak/nintendo could make a game set in a cardboard box and make it like a dreamscape.

i actually voted india as i thought it said where do i think it would be and i think that gamefreak could do a lot :D

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I'm actually hearing rumors of a region based on Southeast Asia. It sounds really interesting to be honest. I voted for somewhere else because I think the statement is plausible.

Though I'll love to see a region based on Oceania or Africa.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I think it'd be cool for it to be based of Africa. But, I think Gen 7 should start with a Yellow/Blue remake. Why? Because I think an X/Y 2 will come next year, and then gen 7 will start 2016, Pokemon's 20th anniversary. And what better way to celebrate its 20th anniversary but with a remake of two of the first games?
    But after that remake, there should be a new game in a new region based off Africa.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    I'd really like to see a region based on Brazil.
    I mean, we have a lot of different landscapes and biodiversity, so it could be like Kalos and hold a lot of pokemon. In the north, there is a freaking big rainforest (Amazônia). In the northeast, we have a desert-like biome called Caatinga. In the center, there are Savannah-like areas(the Cerrado) and a big Swampy region called Pantanal (which has a biodiversity even bigger than the Amazônia's). In southeast, there is the most industrializated portion of the country and some forests. And in the south, there is the cold climate and some plains.
    Yeah Brazil could be a freaking cool region!

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    I think it'd be cool for it to be based of Africa. But, I think Gen 7 should start with a Yellow/Blue remake. Why? Because I think an X/Y 2 will come next year, and then gen 7 will start 2016, Pokemon's 20th anniversary. And what better way to celebrate its 20th anniversary but with a remake of two of the first games?
    But after that remake, there should be a new game in a new region based off Africa.

I agree with this, I really wouldn't mind seeing Kanto recreated in 3D. I think what would be cool though is if they allowed you the option to play it in the original grayscale design and switch between the two. Although, that might be incredibly difficult to do since they'd have to come up with simply 2D designs for 600 or so new pokemon :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I believe it would be best if they were to create a new set of games all-together before beginning on working on remakes.

When new generations are introduced, one thing most of us look forward to, I believe, is new region, characters, Pokémon, features, and so forth, and if we take that away--which could happen if they consider to going with remakes first rather than new, distinct titles--the gen would likely be getting some slow start of sorts.

Plus, one other thing is, giving us new mechanics and whatnot at start of each gen also has an upper-hand in competitive scene; it gives battlers enough time to embrace certain changes before another generation of video games begins to roll.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I hope Game Freak goes for more "Living Anime" Graphics like with Ni no Kuni : Wrath of the White Witch, but with the Pokémon Game Artstyle as I currently think that they are doing spectacularly on the music front as of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in Generation VII.

Yes!!!!! So much yes!!!!!!

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • I'd like Generation 7 to be based in Oceania(AUS/NZ/Papua new guinea/Tasmania). (or just Australia and NZ)

I mean, come on we have great stuff here. like:
    Spoiler:

And also some great Animals to work with:
    Spoiler:

Australia would be a great place for a region. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    A kangaroo Pokémon would be pretty great, if you ask me!

We do have Kangaskhan, and although it is quite powerful and whatnot--after mega-evolving, it could take down opponent's entire team single-handedly--I believe it would still be nice if we had something new relating to this particular group of animal.

I feel it'd be rather unique if they could make this Pokémon partially flying-type, allowing it to take same-type hit bonus when executing moves such as Aerial Ace and whatnot. There likely wouldn't be much issue when it comes to getting things together; kangaroos are able to bounce pretty high, and if same method is applied here (and perhaps taken a little further), I don't believe much of us would mind in seeing it become flying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back