• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VII speculation, new features and discussion thread

Where do you want the Next Generation of pokemon to be based in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • Spain or Italy would both be pretty cool. And yeah, battling in the Colosseum would be pretty fantastic. There's so much they could do with Italy, I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • Pokémon will never be based on locations anywhere outside of Japan, at least not for the foreseeable future. Most countries didn't really get along with Japan & Japan didn't really get along with most countries until just a couple decades ago due to the fallout & aftermath of WWII. Most countries were hesitant to embrace Japanese culture.

Hell, South Korea had a ban on all cultural Japanese imports until 2004. The generation 1 games were never released in Korea. Gold & Silver were released there, but not until 2002. Crystal was never released. The generation 3 games were never released there either.

There are also similar cases involving other countries.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    Pokémon will never be based on locations anywhere outside of Japan, at least not for the foreseeable future. Most countries didn't really get along with Japan & Japan didn't really get along with most countries until just a couple decades ago due to the fallout & aftermath of WWII. Most countries were hesitant to embrace Japanese culture.

Hell, South Korea had a ban on all cultural Japanese imports until 2004. The generation 1 games were never released in Korea. Gold & Silver were released there, but not until 2002. Crystal was never released. The generation 3 games were never released there either.

There are also similar cases involving other countries.
    First of all I said that it would be located somewhere in North Korea and second Unova was located in New York City and Kalos was located in France. It was mentioned earlier in this post and you would have known if only you had read it.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I don't know if this has been said before but I'd like a feature like this:
    The current routine of a battle is pokemon attacks at the same time whoever has a higher priority or speed is the first to deal damage. But what if we add something like the type of some moves affecting the battle? For example a cyndaquil used flame wheel and it's enemy used water gun. The water gun is aimed at cyndaquil while it is using flame wheel so the fire is weakened. The damage dealt is reduced. Something like this might be game breaking but if thought out correctly i think it will elevate the battles in the upcoming games of pokemon.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I don't know if this has been said before but I'd like a feature like this:
    The current routine of a battle is pokemon attacks at the same time whoever has a higher priority or speed is the first to deal damage. But what if we add something like the type of some moves affecting the battle? For example a cyndaquil used flame wheel and it's enemy used water gun. The water gun is aimed at cyndaquil while it is using flame wheel so the fire is weakened. The damage dealt is reduced. Something like this might be game breaking but if thought out correctly i think it will elevate the battles in the upcoming games of pokemon.

This is definitely an interesting concept, but I'm not sure how well it would be executed. It would take quite the mechanics to figure out how much the attack would reduce the effects of the next attack, plus that also is assuming that Cyndaquil is using Flame Wheel at the exact same time the enemy uses Water Gun, which may not be the case. I definitely like the thought though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    How do you guys feel about the next Pokémon game being on a console like the Wii U (or the upcoming NX) and having real time battles? I'd personally be very interested to see this done, but I would prefer it if they came out with a version for the 3DS too. Compatibility between the two would be great as well!
    Of all the years that Pokemon has been out it has only been on handhelds and not on TV consoles. What makes U think that it can he moved to TV consoles rather than handhelds?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • How do you guys feel about the next Pokémon game being on a console like the Wii U (or the upcoming NX) and having real time battles? I'd personally be very interested to see this done, but I would prefer it if they came out with a version for the 3DS too. Compatibility between the two would be great as well!

I'm not sure how well it would work out, but I'd be glad to see Nintendo try it! Not exactly sure what you mean by "real time battles" though.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • I was always thinking that Hawaii would be the next Spot, or maybe Australia.

Some thoughts on the Starters would be a Grass Koala bear that would evolve to a Grass/Psychic type, A new Shark that is Water and evolves in to a Water/Fighting, and a Gila monster as a Fire type, final Evo. is a Komodo Dragon Fire/Dark.

Thoughts on Australia:
    A Platypus as a water starter would be Cute. So many animals/reptiles are in the outback. They could may a descent number of pokemon to add. I would like to see them make a Thorny Devil lizard. They also have unique plants that can be a good addition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back