• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VII speculation, new features and discussion thread

Where do you want the Next Generation of pokemon to be based in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'd like Generation 7 to be based in Oceania(AUS/NZ/Papua new guinea/Tasmania). (or just Australia and NZ)

I mean, come on we have great stuff here. like:
    Spoiler:

And also some great Animals to work with:
    Spoiler:

Australia would be a great place for a region. :D

It definitely would, especially with all the unique landmarks and animal species that inhabit it. There's still so many animals that a Pokemon hasn't been based on yet, and Australia can serve as an ideal inspiration for new Pokemon designs. Also, remember when we all used to think regions were only based on Japanese locations, and then 5th Gen threw a curveball at us with the American-inspired Unova, followed by 6th Gen with the French-themed Kalos.

Even if it's not specifically 7th Gen, I'd still be happy if they design a future region based on Australia. It's a great opportunity for divergent evolution of region designs.

Years
  • I voted Oceania, Hawaii, Mexico and Africa. While we do have a rather tropical region in Hoenn, they could probably expand on that and base things off of different parts from the oceanic countries.

As for Mexico and Africa, the former has some good culture to represent and the latter I mention as making a jungle-like region is not something that's really been done before, although there are a lot of tree-ish areas in most regions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'll be voting for Africa, Oceania, and Canada.

Africa's generally got a hot climate, if I'm not mistaken, and would imagine to be home for a majority of fire- and ground-type Pokémon. If they like, perhaps they could have Team Magma return here, if they're planning on bringing any old organization back; as they're an expert when it comes to these particular group of Pokémon, they would have an easy time carrying their plan by utilizing them.

Oceania--it's mainly because of the reasons stated few posts above. If some future game were to take place here, things would be quite interesting. As for Canada, although it's similar to many other regions we have visited in the past, such as Unova, I believe it could still be unique in its own way if a new location was based off this country.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    A Hawaii-based region would be resembling Hoenn quite a lot, I'd imagine, as it has a lot of features similar to the location (volcanoes, beaches, and so forth).

Though, I'm definitely sure not much of us would be complaining about this, which is good; from looks of things, many of us fans seem to admire Hoenn (including myself), and if there were another region like this put into a main-series game at some point in future, I'm sure we wouldn't find ourselves minding.

There are some Hoenn Pokémon that don't have any evolution or pre-evolution yet but do deserve one (at least in my opinion)--Torkoal, Tropius, and Grumpig, for example--so perhaps they could snatch up on this opportunity to introduce them?

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2020
    IMO I think Gen VII should be on Philippines because to me that country is beautiful and it look like a good place to start a pokemon journey :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    IMO I think Gen VII should be on Philippines because to me that country is beautiful and it look like a good place to start a pokemon journey :)

I live in the Philippines, but...
    inb4 too much water. xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wonder if they may have the Pokémon world Tournament, since it's mentioned several times post Delta-Episode in OrAs (that or it'll be in Z or even a Delta Emerald (where a Primal Rayquaza may exist instead of a Mega Rayquaza).)

I wouldn't mind a region based on Oceania, Mexico, Canada, Ireland + non British UK for main game and Britain for post game like how they saved East Unova for post game in BW and South western Unova for post game in B2W2.
    If they go with a region based on my parents home country (yes, me wanting Mexico is bias of me) I'll like to see a gym leader with Hawlucha as his/her ace, perhaps another flying type male gym leader? Flying Press will decimate those who try to use only rock teams against him. Or maybe they could give Hawlucha a evolution, or perhaps a Mega the gym leader can use. Also I'll like to see a gym leader with Ludicolo as her/his ace. Maybe a grass gym leader, which would work against a mostly fire team...
    Or...maybe give the Champion those two. I would like another female champion tbh. Preferably one closer to Cynthia over another Iris or Diantha in terms of strength.
    Also since Mexico is a large country (even larger than France) chances are they won't include the whole country in the region, even if a Mexico based region is that region the Backpacker was talking about. In that case I would love to see the region based around central and southern Mexico. As for an evil team...well perhaps we could get a Team Rocket like evil team, but one based on the Cartels instead of the Yakuza (or Mafia as they were made out to be in the American version of the Kanto and Johto based games at least). Maybe there could have been one large team that fractured into three or more tiny teams vying for power. Perhaps there could be a fourth team that is less violent/maniacal which we could help out. Then that fourth team turns against us at the end and summons the legendary and we'll finish them off before they get big like the original team...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally wouldn't mind seeing Pokémon World Tournament return, to be honest.

Although I did not participate much, it was still fun to take part, I believe. What I loved most about this feature is the ability to see past characters make appearances and whatnot, regardless of who they are (Gym Leader, Elite Four, rival, evil organization boss, or anything else we could possibly think of, really). It might be tough to incorporate past characters into newer games, but this makes it slightly more easy, I feel.

Also, I'm wondering how things would go if we were to have a mono-type Champion in next generation of games? Last Champions we have had that has specialized in certain typing would be Steven and Wallace, I believe, whom were from Hoenn; I don't believe another would hurt. Perhaps they could focus on fairy, since it's a new type-group and whatnot?

Years
  • Not to be a downer here, or that I didn't like the PWT (I did, quite a bit), but it's something I can't see ever returning. Having all the Gym Leaders and Champions was nice and all, but I just don't foresee them going through much extra time to develop character designs and all for it in future games or being able to fit it into another region. (Why do you think most of the Gym Leaders had practically recycled dialogue?)

That aside, I don't know if i'd want a Champion that bases on one type. The Gym Leaders and Elite Four already do that, and most of the time they can be rather uninteresting to fight. But the Champion is supposed to be the hardest battle in the game, and that probably isn't something Mono teams will claim. (lol rhyme)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Those are true, but I could imagine mono-type teams to be sort of a challenge to go up against if some competitive-like strategy has been put onto it. For example, giving the Champion a sandstorm-based team; one member would be setting up the weather, and all others would be taking advantage of that situation. I've faced people with this sort of strategy while battling online, and it wasn't too easy, really.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I personally wouldn't mind seeing Pokémon World Tournament return, to be honest.

Although I did not participate much, it was still fun to take part, I believe. What I loved most about this feature is the ability to see past characters make appearances and whatnot, regardless of who they are (Gym Leader, Elite Four, rival, evil organization boss, or anything else we could possibly think of, really). It might be tough to incorporate past characters into newer games, but this makes it slightly more easy, I feel.

Also, I'm wondering how things would go if we were to have a mono-type Champion in next generation of games? Last Champions we have had that has specialized in certain typing would be Steven and Wallace, I believe, whom were from Hoenn; I don't believe another would hurt. Perhaps they could focus on fairy, since it's a new type-group and whatnot?

You are forgetting Iris. Also Alder is practically a Bug type Champion having as much bug types as Steven has Steel types.

I'll like to see a Champion use a trick room team. Usually slow Pokemon such as Mega Camerupt are easy to defeat due to being so slow.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Strategic teams like this would also be interesting to see, yes. Some of us are into competitive battling and whatnot, so for this group of players, the Champions likely wouldn't be too challenging to face. For casual players, however, it could wind up to be sort of a different story. I wouldn't say this is a bad thing, as it would up our skills in general.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    What would you rather see for Gen 7, a sequel or a reset?

The first added Generation, Generation 2, was a direct sequel to the previous one, bringing back several characters, mixing old and new Pokémon, directly following up on the previous Gen's storyline, and even bringing back the previous Gen's region as a postgame area.

Subsequent Generations, on the other hand, all hit the reset button with each new release. You were in a brand new region with brand new characters and (in varying degrees) brand new Pokémon with few ties to any earlier games. The story had no connections to any earlier stories, and you never returned to any earlier regions.

Should Gen 7 continue the trend of resetting with every new Gen, or is it time for another Gen 2-style sequel?

Years
  • That's a good question - unlike BW, which had the two version mascots facing off against each other, XY only throws one into the plot and there aren't any real differences between the layouts of the two games aside from that as far as I recall, so going Emerald/Platinum wouldn't be a possibility gone out the window. Not to mention with that legendary having been caught in the first games, it might be difficult for them to continue where that leaves off if they were to make sequels (but I would still want the latter).

Just a thought.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back