• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • gay marriage?
    hmmm
    i dont think God would like that so i voted no ...
    there's probably a reason y he created a woman n a man ...
    hmmm
    but on the other hand i dont believe in God lol ... (i dont believe in anything, only myself so dont think i'ma heretic or somethin like that lol)

like i said my vote went for 'nope'

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I'm against it. Don't really know why and don't really care... I don't really think humans should be that free and be able to marry whoever you want. There should be some easy rules to follow. Otherwise in the next few years, my dog is gonna be married to a human and that'll make me sad. D8

You're honestly comparing the marriage of two consenting human beings to the marriage of a human and a dog? Ugh.

Besides, humans invented marriage, so as long as it's not infringing on the rights of others, why can't they do what they want?

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    You're honestly comparing the marriage of two consenting human beings to the marriage of a human and a dog? Ugh.

Besides, humans invented marriage, so as long as it's not infringing on the rights of others, why can't they do what they want?
    Exactly.

If two people are capable of falling in love and want to spend their lives together, regardless of the sexual preference, then why shouldn't they be allowed to marry?

Marriage doesn't have the same meaning in this day and age anyway. It's just something to do for a lot of couples, an excuse to have a celebration, then six months later they're filing for divorce. Heterosexual couples have disgraced marriage completely. At least most homosexual couples still recognise what marriage used to mean.

So if you look at it that way, homoseual couples deserve to have the right to marry more than heterosexual couples.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Legacy said:
    Marriage doesn't have the same meaning in this day and age anyway. It's just something to do for a lot of couples, an excuse to have a celebration, then six months later they're filing for divorce. Heterosexual couples have disgraced marriage completely. At least most homosexual couples still recognise what marriage used to mean.

So if you look at it that way, homoseual couples deserve to have the right to marry more than heterosexual couples.
    Yeah, you're right. That's pretty much how it is nowaddays.

I'm all for it. As long as they're truly in love, they should be able to get married. I can see the government's worry: if everyone becomes gay, the human race might die out >.>; But that's a bit too much...

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009

I'm all for it. As long as they're truly in love, they should be able to get married. I can see the government's worry: if everyone becomes gay, the human race might die out >.>; But that's a bit too much...
    Sexual preference isn't a choice, though, it's something you can't decide. And allowing gay marriage won't suddenly make everyone "become gay."

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Sexual preference isn't a choice, though, it's something you can't decide. And allowing gay marriage won't suddenly make everyone "become gay."
    Exactly. But apparently, the government thinks too many people will marry the same sex if they allowed gay marriage. I'm not saying I think that, 'cause, well, everyone "becoming" gay is, like, never going to happen.

Years
  • I am against of Gay marriage. However I am for Civil Unions where the gay couple has the same rights as a married heterosexual couple.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014

I'm pretty sure homosexuality isn't some 20th century innovation. Look at ancient Greece.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I have nothing against gay mariage, its America, I could literly care less if women married other women and men married other men.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2007
    I'm totally in for it, its just the (stupid) Church that is preventing gay couples of getting married.
    Gayness is natural.
    what about 2 male dogs *F-word*ing eachother?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Gay marriage is just plain stupid.
    Why the hell would anyone want to?
    The less gays in the world the better!

I suggest you delve deeper into understanding issues like this if you plan on ever becoming an accepted member of society, kiddo. No one likes a callous nazi.

Years
  • I support it.

1. I believe that sexual orientation isn't a choice.

2. Love is not bound by gender, race, age, or religion. Saying that two men cannot love each other is like saying that a black man and a white woman can't be together. Besides, usually gay couples love each other a lot more than straight couples do...just look at the divorce rates.

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I remember reading an article saying that sexual orientation is defined genetically and in fact scientists managed to make lesbian fruit flies simply by switching one gene.

I'm not gay, but I'm just throwing that out there for people to think about. If anyone wants to link to that article, I think I can find it. I tagged undecided in the poll, because I don't understand gay marriage at all. In fact, I barely understand regular marriage. XD

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
    Years
  • I'm for it, not just cause I'm gay but cause I think marriage should be for love, cause really, what's the difference between a man and a woman?, physical traits, voice, and that's preety much it
    *looks at hungry homer's post* thanks, I was about to point out that the typical thread idiot hadn't showed up yet buut you solved the problem, give him a medal people

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Yes, but there are ways of expressing it. There is no need to use such insulting phrases as "The less gays in the world the better" - this is deliberately offensive and borders on flaming. If you have an opinion, it's fine to express it, but you have to keep in mind how it will appear to other people.

Linoone, please don't fuel the fire by using the word "idiot" - if you see a post that needs reporting, please press the report button instead. Thanks :)

Hungry Homer, I suggest you rethink your wording in future. Now let's get back on topic.

--FG

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    well, i said undecided, cause gay marriage doesn't make any sense to me, but well, as the others have said already, it's their decision, if they want to, then let them! i don't have any right to interfere...so undecided is the one i checked...

I totally agree with you.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm totally in for it, its just the (stupid) Church that is preventing gay couples of getting married.
    Gayness is natural.
    what about 2 male dogs *F-word*ing eachother?

Tell me, out of pure curiosity, at what point in time did you get it ingrained in your mind that the Church is inherently idiotic? Methinks the religious side of this issue is often misconstrued or misinterpreted. People tend to get the idea that the Christian God has predetermined that every gay person will go to Hell.

Of course homosexuality is a natural anomaly in the human populace, no one but the radical right denies that. Christianity teaches to accept and love all people. The laws of Leviticus say that homosexual encounters are an abomination of God...not simply being a homosexual.

To put it simply, God loves gay people, but he doesn't approve of...you know...gay sex...>_>

This is why I support civil unions, but not religious marriages.

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
    Years
  • I wa just saying what i thought was right just because you people are differently minded then me, you had no reason to say what you did.
    you insulted, I insulted back, I don't have a problem with your views, you can be against it, it's perfectly fine, but you know what they say, violence generates violence, and thanks FG, will do

and for the topic, yeah, religious controversy has been the most important, but as a gay, and a god beleiver I find many religious ideas to have little or no logic, that's why I completely ignore what the church says and prefer to listen to what my heart says, after allit's not like I can stop being gay, that's like saying "hey, I'm gonna start breathing with my eyes!!" not that I want to change anyway

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back