• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
  • Didn't I say this before? I mean how does it change anything if gay people were to be married. I mean it affects you in absolutely NO way if two gay people were to be married.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Didn't I say this before? I mean how does it change anything if gay people were to be married. I mean it affects you in absolutely NO way if two gay people were to be married.

Exactly.

If I saw two gay people getting married on my way to school or my parent's work or whatever, It wouldn't effect my future.
    I wouldn't be like:
    "I GONNA STUDY HARDER TO GET BETTER GRADES IN SCHOOL! wait a minute... I see two gays getting married! MY FUTURE IS RUINED!!1"

I don't see that happening.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Heck, my friends Matt and Tom are couple. If they got married, I'd be happy for them.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Exactly.

If I saw two gay people getting married on my way to school or my parent's work or whatever, It wouldn't effect my future.
    I wouldn't be like:
    "I GONNA STUDY HARDER TO GET BETTER GRADES IN SCHOOL! wait a minute... I see two gays getting married! MY FUTURE IS RUINED!!1"

I don't see that happening.

I haven't laughed so hard at your example. I completely agree.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • Guys, cool down a little, please. Really, there's no need to be at each others' throats about this topic like some of you are getting. Calm the tone or I'll go ahead and lock this thread.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • You guys seriously start insulting me if I don't post?

Well, I'm done posting in here.

So, lets put it this way:

"Bob" and "Belle" completely HATE eachother.
    When they were kids, they hit eachother.
    When they were teens, they made eachother's lives misrable.
    When they were adults, they threated eachother with knives.

"Dave" and "Steve" or "Suzy" and "Karen" (Witchever you perfer)
    Completly LOVE eachother.
    They wouldn't let anything happen to eachother,
    and don't care what anybody says about them, because all they need is eachother.

So...
    "Bob" and "Belle" can get married easily because "Bob" is a man, and "Belle" is a woman,
    But "Dave" and "Steve" or "Suzy" and "Karen" can't get married because they are the same sex.

Wow.
    All couples of opposite sex are total crap? Every normal couple is total "fight to the death"?

And this will affect our future. Again is a small group of people can get what they want, why can't other small groups get what they want?

Gays don't even have legal sanction to get married yet, and I personally don't see that it is going to change. Again, liberals are going to be the downfall of this country.

I'm just tired of people who are gay arguing with me. Once again, this is a conflict between straight people; Straight people who are for it and who are against it.

And stop calling me a "homophobia". I've studied the pros and cons of homosexuality from the bible, and I cannot find one pro-homosexuality argument to be convincing from a scriptual standpoint. That is simply "What do I honestly and prayerfully see in the bible concerning homosexuality?"

It would be nice to say the the bible does not condemn homosexuality, but I would need strong proof because the stakes are extremely high, eternal salvation, or eternal damnation.

[EDIT: FOUND IT!]Leviticus 20:13; "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a women, both of them have done what is detestable. The must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."[/EDIT]

Marriage is god's gift to make a man and a women whole. God detests homosexuality, through the Old and the New Testament, his attictude has not changed.

And there isn't a single master gene that makes a person gay. Some of it is geneteic and some of it is environmental. It isn't genetic since, in families, it isn't passed down from generation to generation.

*reads article*

Dr. Simon LeVay studies the difference between gay and straight brains. He did not prove that homosexuality is genetic, or find a genetic cause for being gay. He didn't show that gay men are born that way, the most common mistake people make in interpreting his work. Nor did he locate a gay center in the brain.

People who think that they were born that way are more likely to expect gay rights to be handed over, just like that. Which is obvious, being yelled at constantly over and over in this thread.

And if homosexuality is genetic, homosexual identical twins would be both straight, or both homosexual. That is not the case, seeing as in some cases, one of them is gay, and the other is straight.

In my opinion, homosexuality is caused by the personal traits of a person, like how they react and cope with their problems, matched with their outside influences causes them to lose control of their sexual orientation, and they are soothed by the same sex.

The topic of gay marriage is bad science matched with bad politics. There is no absolute evidence linking gay marriage to be biological, and people who believe it is, twist the truth to fit their opinions.

I'm done with this thread, everything I have just said is what I believe in. Again, I repeat this is what I believe in. this doesn't make me homophobic or prejudice against gays.

sims796

Years
  • That was the most insulting post I have ever seen. Full of bigotry. Just cause you don't approve of gay marrage doesn't mean your a homophobe. Those views you just gave, or even throughout this thread, leaves people that view. Every thread written by you has been an insult to gay people-they have all said that.
    I'm not saying your a bigot, I don't know you, but thats the impression you leave. Straight people decides whether gays get married? That doesn't sound insulting?

Saying that about minorities was wrong. Plain Wrong. If that was true, African/Asian/Hispanic Americans, me being the first & third, and all other minorities in America shouldn't have rights then, correct? If they have rights, than all the people who supports murder, robbery, and things like that will have there views made as well, right?

You just called all gays hethens in that post right there.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Oh shut up! Race has nothing to do with gay marriage.

The definition of minority in that entire post is a group of people wanting something for their own self even though it is against the law. Good god. Not, OOOHOHOHO I'M THE BEST RACE!!!1!!

And every thread I have ever written has been about gays? ...Your kidding right?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    You guys seriously start insulting me if I don't post?
    I'm pretty sure you've said that once before, only to return.

All couples of opposite sex are total crap? Every normal couple is total "fight to the death"?
    No one is saying that. I'm sick of your straw-man crap. He's only saying that straight couples and gay couples are equally capable of being legitimate/illegitimate.

And this will affect our future. Again is a small group of people can get what they want, why can't other small groups get what they want?
    What small groups did you have in mind? Because I'm sure there do exist groups deserving of certain rights, and there are some that aren't. Don't give me arbitrary, made-up ones like 'murder advocates' or something.

Gays don't even have legal sanction to get married yet, and I personally don't see that it is going to change. Again, liberals are going to be the downfall of this country.
    Try thinking for yourself, dude. Don't just mindlessly parrot the political views of your parents.

I'm just tired of people who are gay arguing with me. Once again, this is a conflict between straight people; Straight people who are for it and who are against it.
    What? You're saying gay people have no say in their future? That's insanity.

And stop calling me a "homophobia". I've studied the pros and cons of homosexuality from the bible, and I cannot find one pro-homosexuality argument to be convincing from a scriptual standpoint. That is simply "What do I honestly and prayerfully see in the bible concerning homosexuality?"
    It would be nice to say the the bible does not condemn homosexuality, but I would need strong proof because the stakes are extremely high, eternal salvation, or eternal damnation.
    [EDIT: FOUND IT!]Leviticus 20:13; "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a women, both of them have done what is detestable. The must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."[/EDIT]
    Marriage is god's gift to make a man and a women whole. God detests homosexuality, through the Old and the New Testament, his attictude has not changed.

Great, except there's something called separation of church and state. Marriage isn't solely a Christian thing anymore, and anyway, I'm betting not all gays are Christian anyway. What do you have to say about them?

And there isn't a single master gene that makes a person gay. Some of it is geneteic and some of it is environmental. It isn't genetic since, in families, it isn't passed down from generation to generation.
    *reads article*
    Dr. Simon LeVay studies the difference between gay and straight brains. He did not prove that homosexuality is genetic, or find a genetic cause for being gay. He didn't show that gay men are born that way, the most common mistake people make in interpreting his work. Nor did he locate a gay center in the brain.
    Could you link me to such an article? One that isn't from Wikipedia or some blatantly illegitimate source? I'm not contesting the article in question yet, I'm just curious.

And if homosexuality is genetic, homosexual identical twins would be both straight, or both homosexual. That is not the case, seeing as in some cases, one of them is gay, and the other is straight.
    Again, source? And anyway, I would think that that also debunks the theory that nurture causes homosexuality instead of nature. Since identical twins would probably be raised in the exact same environment.

In my opinion, homosexuality is caused by the personal traits of a person, like how they react and cope with their problems, matched with their outside influences causes them to lose control of their sexual orientation, and they are soothed by the same sex.
    Even if it IS caused by the environment, does it still make that much of a difference? People don't pick and choose personal traits anyway. It's just based on a string of circumstances throughout a person's life, similar to how it would be in nature, except not before birth.

The topic of gay marriage is bad science matched with bad politics. There is no absolute evidence linking gay marriage to be biological, and people who believe it is, twist the truth to fit their opinions.
    Oh? How is that?

Oh shut up! Race has nothing to do with gay marriage.
    We're not saying it does. We're using something called an 'analogy' (look it up) to compare it to things that have happened in history.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • You guys seriously start insulting me if I don't post?

*reads article*

People who think that they were born that way are more likely to expect gay rights to be handed over, just like that. Which is obvious, being yelled at constantly over and over in this thread.

I'm done with this thread, everything I have just said is what I believe in. Again, I repeat this is what I believe in. this doesn't make me homophobic or prejudice against gays.

(1) COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT. what is wrong with you? I just gave an example. I didn't say straight marriage is total crap! That was an example. I was impling that Two straight people who can hate eachother can get married, but two gays who love eachother can't. You misunderstood.

(2) I'm straight, and I still am debating with your opinions. not arguing. By the way, Straights shouldn't be the ones who get to choose if gays can get married. Gays get to have a say in it too.

(3) Pros and Cons? From a book? my. god. You saying that a book forms your beliefs on gays and them getting married? I can take my views on gay marriage from a book? wow! I can form my beliefs off my favorite Dr. Suess book! YAY!

(4) So the bible all gays should be killed instantly? no questions? what? what I can't see is:
    Mom: "Okay kids, it time for church!"
    Kids: "Yay! more religeon!"
    "Bobby": "Hey mom! I see two men over there kissing!"
    Mom: "*Shouting* Honey! get the shotgun! we got some of 'em gays kissing next door!"

and... you think this is the right thing to do?

(5) Really. God said that. Well then, why don't you get him to say that to me face to face?

(6) W. T. F.
    Expect? No, they will fight.
    That's all they have to do.
    fight.
    for thier rights.

Those kind of things arn't "Expected" by anybody.
    They have to be fought for.
    If you think different, you don't know anything.
    nothing.
    about how these things work.
    absoutly,
    NOTHING.

---

Your post right there was a bigotry filled monster.
    If that is what you think,
    I wouldn't be suprised if your children think the same by the time of your age right now.
    Bigotry kills familys.
    More than you can imagine.

-End of post-

sims796

Years
  • Thanks, Allstories. For at least getting my message, rather than find a string of words to attack. xXscytherXx, you do not belong here. I respect your opinion, but your showing you are incapable of having a debate without blantantly insulting.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • https://dunamai.com/articles/Christian/is_homosexuality_genetic.htm

Even if it IS caused by the environment, does it still make that much of a difference? People don't pick and choose personal traits anyway. It's just based on a string of circumstances throughout a person's life, similar to how it would be in nature, except not before birth.
    "Source?"

Try thinking for yourself, dude. Don't just mindlessly parrot the political views of your parents.
    Huh? Parents? wtf?

Again, source? And anyway, I would think that that also debunks the theory that nurture causes homosexuality instead of nature. Since identical twins would probably be raised in the exact same environment.
    "Source?"

Yeah, don't ask anymore questions that are directly to me. I'm tired of being bashed.

And before you start saying, "Where is your source of being bashed?" Don't be a jerk and act like I don't know what an analogy means.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012

See, thats your problem, your basing your beliefs on a book that can't be historically proven.
    If your answer is "cause the bible says its wrong", then your a compleat idiot.
    I could pick up a copy of Harry Potter and say "wizards are real!! this book told me they are!!".

Just because a book says its true, not true, real, not real, good, bad, DOESN'T mean that its correct or accurate.

So your saying I can't get married cause your god (or book) says I can't?
    Well your god also says to stone disobedient children, but I don't think you support that.
    You just pick and choose witch laws of your bible to uphold based on your own bigotry.

sims796

Years
  • See, thats your problem, your basing your beliefs on a book that can't be historically proven.
    If your answer is "cause the bible says its wrong", then your a compleat idiot.
    I could pick up a copy of Harry Potter and say "wizards are real!! this book told me they are!!".

Just because a book says its true, not true, real, not real, good, bad, DOESN'T mean that its correct or accurate.

So your saying I can't get married cause your god (or book) says I can't?
    Well your god also says to stone disobedient children, but I don't think you support that.
    You just pick and choose witch laws of your bible to uphold based on your own bigotry.

I agree with what you said, but Don't stoop to his level with the insults. And my church follows the bible, but can tolerate gays, or other views. They aren't idiots, but follow their beliefs, while-although not completly-acceptig other views.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • And I think this thread has gone far enough.

It will be closed indefinitely as will any other threads of a similar nature. If you have any concerns about this, PM me.

*Locked*

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • After reviewing this thread...

xXscytherXx - you're getting a warning for flaming members even though I posted for everyone to cool down a few hours earlier.

Allstories - that post was complete flame bait. You needn't of said some of the points you did.

Achamo - you're bringing religious views too much into that post, which could be disrespectful to some members, so you've earned yourself your third warning from this thread. The attitude in that post could also start a flame war.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back