• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
  • Gay people can be gay together but I feel they should keep it to themselves.

Not in anger or anything, mate, just stating a counterpoint here.

But...

If we're supposed to have equal rights as citizens of this country, and you can express yourself as you want with your heterosexual partner, then why should it be different if I'm with a man?

Last edited:

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • I support gay rights. :3 That's all I got to say.

People deserve rights no matter what their sexuality be. Gay people are just like you and I, and deserve to be treated as normal, human beings.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    But they have parades to show that no matter what society says, "they're here, they're queer", and nothing is going to change that. It's a matter of pride for them to show that they aren't afraid of who they are. They don't have parades for "straight" people because society says that that is the norm.

I'm for gay marriage. Love doesn't hold no stipulations. It doesn't matter the age, the race, or the gender. Just as long as two people love one another, then they should be together.

Maybe I just feel more personal to this issue, as I have many friends who are gay.

Of course, I don't understand why gay people have to keep their relationship hidden. I don't like straight couples making "kissy faces" at one another, but what can I do? D:

Besides, we're all human, no matter what, and we all deserve to be treated with respect.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Something that just amazes me is the fact that in the olden days, you'd be stoned (even to death) if you were gay, and nowadays we have little pink butterfly wussies going around defending gay MARRIAGE.

Ichigo Roza Mystica

there are no heroes
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    In the "Old Days" people doctors treated "hysteria", which was apparently a "womens' affliction", by molesting her with a phallus.
    Does that make it right?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I am not against it. Due to the fact that im Bisexual and I lean to males. To me the bible shouldnt have a say in Gay Marriage or any form of Marriage what so ever. It says children who swear with parents shall be stoned. Do we do that ? Thank god we dont. But do you see my point? Things have changed in the last couple thoasand years. Now what I do think is wrong is for Gay People to walk down a populated street making out. I for one think its hot O_O but most people who are hetero will get disguisted. Because most people are in some way (I cant think of any other word than Racist but thats not the word im looking for) against Gays and I can understand. As for me no one makes fun of me because im Bi. Everone knows no body cares. And im 14 ^_^. Also being gay or bi do give you certain Legal Rights and some well not rights like marriage >.<. I dropped kicked my princible in the nads when he expelled me for kissing my boyfriend. My mom sued him, he got fired (and now cant have kids), I got unexpelled but then suspended for drop kicking my princible in the nuts XD. But I do feel kinda bad about it. We are a minority. And if we have to drop kick someone in the nuts for our Pride we will do it XD

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Something that just amazes me is the fact that in the olden days, you'd be stoned (even to death) if you were gay, and nowadays we have little pink butterfly wussies going around defending gay MARRIAGE.

In all my years at PC, this may be among the most despicable things I have ever read on this message board. Tell me you're not serious.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • I don't see how it's a problem. They love each other, and that's all that really matters, IMO. So, I guess that means I'm for it. I see absolutely no negative impact it could have on communities.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011

Good olden days... In where? Philestine? :\
    Also when you could have as many wives as you want, When we had to stay in on Sundays or get stoned, When eating food could get you stoned, When leaving home as a child could get you stoned, When having a partner before marriage could get you stoned, When pre adolescents were in arranged marriages, When children would be sold into slavery, When we could prove innocence in a fight to the death, When a sensible law was out of place?
    Yes it truly is amazing how less civilised humanity as become with age!

Homosexuality is a way of life, like having a different skin colour. If you can't accept people for this, then there is clearly something wrong with you.

Anyway I am against Gay 'marriage' since the term in this entire thread is used incorrectly. A dictionary definition is: "the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc." Marriage states between a male and female. To have a marriage between same sex does break a long legal definition.
    In England we have 'Civil Partnerships' which is "marriage for same sex". This is a great alternative. Since it has exactly the same ideas including sharing legal rights and so forth. So I'm quite supportive of this idea.

So I selected undecided - theres nothing wrong with a same sex unison, but the thread term is incorrect. :)

Last edited:

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • I'm Against gay marriage!And I don't want to cause any trouble becuase I'm saying it straight up, the world wasn't meant for 2 males to fall in love with each other, it was meant for a Male and a Female to fall in love

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • I'm against it 100%. I don't agree with it at all and being a Christian it's obvious that I wouldnt agree, I dont wanna get all religious but God Made Adam a Guy and Eve a Girl in the beginning for a reason so that people would realize that a guy is supposed to marry a girl not the same sex thats not right.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Something that just amazes me is the fact that in the olden days, you'd be stoned (even to death) if you were gay, and nowadays we have little pink butterfly wussies going around defending gay MARRIAGE.

Wow.

That's all I have to say.

Wow.

That is this most Anti-Gay thing I have ever read.
    Heatran, you are a true-blue Gay hater.
    That's all I have to say.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • I'm for Gay marriage. Love is Love! God wanted Love in the World, so Gay Marriage being illegal would be against God's wishes.

(Sorry, I sound like a right Jerk here but its kinda true...)

Uhhh do you even believe in God, because what you just said right now, goes against what he wants in his world (Yes I'm a Christian and proud of it).

And Joyride, it does state in the Bible about gay marriage and the reasons it's wrong, hence why we have men and women.

Aye, I was afraid there'd be a thread like this. Best way to get people to wanna grab each other's throats and beat each other.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back