• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What Fire-type Pokemon do you like the least and why?
    I guess it would have to be Magcargo. It looks sort of hideous in terms of design, in my opinion, and when it comes to battling, it can't really be much of help. ;o; Competitively, I also dislike Flareon. It's extremely slow, and its defenses aren't that great, either.

Years
  • Welcome! Luxray would be really cool as a Fire-type (just cuz Luxray is really cool). I wish they had made it a Dark-type right off the bat though, considering it's appearance and move pool already.

True, true! He could also be dark/electric. His colors are much like Hydreigon, so you're definitely right! Then again if you add a bit of red in his colors he could pass as a fire type as well =) or dunno, if you put a flame on his head instead of his black fur. U_U Luxray is one of my favourite electric types, along with Ampharos and Jolteon. But I think that he's the only one among these 3 that could pass well as a fire type XD also, if I'm not mistaken, he already has the possibility to have fire fang in his moveset... so... =)

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • What Fire-type Pokemon do you like the least and why?
    I guess it'll have to be Heatmor. I mean, the thing is UGLY....really really ugly. And he is based off of an animal that eats ants. And god, don't have me talking bout the the tentacles coming out of his groin...DAMN.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Holy overnight activity, Batman!

I have a love-hate relationship with Magcargo. I like it's typing and it's concept, but it's really not good at all. Flareon needs physical moves, nuff said. Heatmor seems to be the go to dislike, which is totally agreeable. Luxray would be that much better if it got Flamethrower, just cuz it's cool :P Hey Amms, what is your least favorite fire-type?

Years
  • Holy overnight activity, Batman!

I have a love-hate relationship with Magcargo. I like it's typing and it's concept, but it's really not good at all. Flareon needs physical moves, nuff said. Heatmor seems to be the go to dislike, which is totally agreeable. Luxray would be that much better if it got Flamethrower, just cuz it's cool :P Hey Amms, what is your least favorite fire-type?

Hm... they say Heatmor sucks, which is kinda true. He really looks bad. But there's worse. If I save Flareon just cause he looks fine, even though he's useless... The one that really dislike can't be saved is Slugma/Magcargo. Not only he's weak and useless, he also looks like crap. XD also, I can't bear with his stupid ability. Sometimes I happen to kill some, but if I touch them I get burnt. Also he's annoying cause he gives little exp. points when you kill him XD I mean... take Audino. That also looks pretty lame. But at least he gives you a LOOOOOOOOT of experience. Even Heatmor gives you a lot of experience when you kill him. Slugma/Magcargo is so useless that he's not even worth killing. So yeah. He's my least favourite xD

Wicked3DS

Years
  • A lot of discontent with Slugma/Magcargo, and though it's a bad battler, I don't think it's a bad Pokémon. I like it's concept and I can't jump on the hate train.

Hmm, I guess you're right about Ponyta, but it surely isn't the worst. Boring doesn't mean terrible, it just means plain.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I love Ponyta. I think it's adorable. n_n;; Though, it would've been nice if Ponyta and Rapidash were smaller in size. That way, they could've had room for a third evolution.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Yeah, they could make a pegasus evolution without Ponyta/Rapidash being smaller. That would be really cool. Trick Room Magcargo would actually work pretty well, the 4x weaknesses are really it's only problem.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I'm the only one who likes heatmor...

Anyway, emboar is my least favorite fire type. He's too slow, fragile, and ugly for me to give him any real consideration. It's honestly the only fire type I hate.

Last edited:

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • Answer to current Topic:

My least favorite Fire Type is Pansear/Simisear, Simisear in particular.

I just think that it looks both foppish and dopey at the same time. That aesthetic is off-putting to me. When talking about Fire Monkeys, this creature is the grand follow up to Infernape? Really?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I have to agree. I'm not the biggest fan of Infernape (although I do like it's X/Y sprite and it is pretty strong), but it pretty much falls on its face in comparison. All those monkeys look pretty dopey honestly, and I never cared much for any of them.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • What Fire-type Pokemon do you like the least and why?

Simisear.png

Sorry, it had to happen.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • A lot of discontent with Slugma/Magcargo, and though it's a bad battler, I don't think it's a bad Pokémon. I like it's concept and I can't jump on the hate train

I totally agree, to me Magcargo is a really cool Pokemon! His 4x weaknesses and how slow it is do hold it back, but ive always liked its design for some reason.

Emboar = overkill on the Fire/Fighting-types. Pigs are only good for Bakin!

I feel like i mention this way to often, but again: How in the heck did GF think making a third Fire/Fighting starter was a good idea?? Are you kidding me GF?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Having the fire starter Pokemon evolve to gain the Fighting-type might be due to the movesets they plan out for them. Imagine if they remained only Fire-type, people would instead be raging that they don't get STAB for any of their Fighting-type moves!

I like Emboar more than the other Fire/Fight starters. Sumo!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Don't be sorry, Fern. It was a waste of time :P

Simisage is probably the least doping of the three, I'll give you that, but I'm still not a fan.

The issue with Emboar is that they made it a Fire/Fighting-type instead of another combination that wasn't done 2 times before. They only did Fire/Flying and Fire mono before Blaziken and Infernape, the door was wide open.

Back