• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lustrous Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
  • zel is.......TOTALLY right! you should take time off and think about the plot and how sinnoh will be linked into this (my advice is that you should think of a solid story that you can stick to) sinnoh is a huge region and you should consider the space available before saying 'im going to add sinnoh!' what happens if you run out of space...then what? people will be disappointed, this hack shows a lot of potential..but all i can say is that is doing average..theres nothing to special about it...to be perfectly honest i haven't seen any new screens since the first post....that should be a goal..for this week..

a little side note to GSC remakers...just because it has johto in the hack..doesn't mean its a full remake you could add more routes into it and make it original, zel did it by adding more rivals and legendary events, other remakers can add new areas new Pokemon or potentially fakemon..

you could even potentially have johto and a made up region completely custom, you'll get far with hard work you put into a hack, just ask 'zel' or 'CBM'. at the end of the day all rom hackers want their games to stand out, be original, and have a solid and tight storyline. this is what will make a good hack.

take zels advice to close the thread, to go away and think about the plot, it will also build more suspense. however, i hope to see updates soon, but don't give up this hack, like i said it shows potential, so good luck on it!

hope to also see you make a wise decision

and stop giving GFL a hard time please...hackings a difficult job at times..

----zeikku SSJ7 ----

Last edited:

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • due to my being grounded for a week or 2, I am leaving my thread to DP master 92. He will give you updates and is given permission to close the thread if needed. I am not asking for the thread to be closed. Its out of my hands until I return

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
    Years
  • I am very upset because Cartman's hack Glowing Silver is a GSC remake and goes to Hoenn which we have already seen in GBA graphics and many people post good stuff there but My hack is a GSC remake in which you travel to Sinnoh which you have never seen in GBA graphics and many people dislike it.

From what I have read you are one of those people. You are focused on graphics. You dissed Prism, in my opinion because it has R/B/Y Graphics. Graphics aren't everything. We don't want graphics. We want a storyline that keeps us intrested. True, the idea of Johto in GBA graphics is cool, but it has been done. You are doing THE EXACT thing Zel did. No matter what you do you will never be able to prevent people from comparing you to Zel. Ok, sure it has new tiles. Sure, we are going to see Sinnoh in GBA graphics, but the basic concept is the same. No new storyline. No new characters. Nothing I'm looking forward to very much. I hope the beta proves me wrong. Doubt it will.

Edit: I just thought of more to say. If you want people to stop criticizing you, maybe try taking their advice. Everyone who now disses you, orginally was telling you what they didn't like. You had the oppurtunity to take what they say, their ideas, what they don't like and use it to make the hack better. Instead you snapped back. People are going to continue criticizing. People are going to continue saying why they don't like you're hack. Fix it. Stuff happens, its how you deal with it that counts.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    I am very upset because Cartman's hack Glowing Silver is a GSC remake and goes to Hoenn which we have already seen in GBA graphics and many people post good stuff there but My hack is a GSC remake in which you travel to Sinnoh which you have never seen in GBA graphics and many people dislike it.

I dont think you are one too talk. Too me, you and Cartman's hack needs more work put into them. All we ever see is screens and, in Cartman's case, showing us pics from the E4. How about you work on the main point of them game instead of jumping around. I dont have high hopes for either of these hacks.

I totally agree with you Evan! ;)

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • From what I have read you are one of those people. You are focused on graphics. You dissed Prism, in my opinion because it has R/B/Y Graphics. Graphics aren't everything. We don't want graphics. We want a storyline that keeps us intrested. True, the idea of Johto in GBA graphics is cool, but it has been done. You are doing THE EXACT thing Zel did. No matter what you do you will never be able to prevent people from comparing you to Zel. Ok, sure it has new tiles. Sure, we are going to see Sinnoh in GBA graphics, but the basic concept is the same. No new storyline. No new characters. Nothing I'm looking forward to very much. I hope the beta proves me wrong. Doubt it will.

Edit: I just thought of more to say. If you want people to stop criticizing you, maybe try taking their advice. Everyone who now disses you, orginally was telling you what they didn't like. You had the oppurtunity to take what they say, their ideas, what they don't like and use it to make the hack better. Instead you snapped back. People are going to continue criticizing. People are going to continue saying why they don't like you're hack. Fix it. Stuff happens, its how you deal with it that counts.

I dont think you are one too talk. Too me, you and Cartman's hack needs more work put into them. All we ever see is screens and, in Cartman's case, showing us pics from the E4. How about you work on the main point of them game instead of jumping around. I dont have high hopes for either of these hacks.

Dudes that argument has been over for a couple days now. please do not bring back discontent. as GL has stated before he is going to work on writing a new story and plot for a this as for now he is not doing much towards this as he's grounded.
    at this time this thread should just be used as a place to encourage GL to do his best on his new endeavor. ok

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020

If you guys haven't noticed I Glowing Silver, well Garfield they're going to keep criticizing so deal with it. Most of the time people give you the right advice to make it better.

Apple Inc.

Years
  • i am sneaking on so this is quick... updates soon and ill be free in less than a week

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    hope not. anyways, I have never been grounded, but I think it's not right to 'sneak', right..?

oh well... i wish you for the best, anyways.

Apple Inc.

Years
  • me again, DP master 92 is supposed to be updating you guys but i can see he isnt., can somebody PM him or IM him at TheDPMaster on AIM or [email protected] on Windows Messenger and request he update.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    DP Master 92 told me a week ago that he's quiting on this hack, GL.., but I thought he already informed you...

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
  • Where is the download I have looked through the whole thread and can't find a working link

Umm maybe If you read the the thread or even the starting post you would have magically though "oh wow there is no download lucky i read the thread instead of spamming.
    Also maybe if you looked through it all you would have through well i can't see maybe there is no download link?

Lupe

isn't she cute...
    Years
  • I am very upset because Cartman's hack Glowing Silver is a GSC remake and goes to Hoenn which we have already seen in GBA graphics and many people post good stuff there but My hack is a GSC remake in which you travel to Sinnoh which you have never seen in GBA graphics and many people dislike it.

umm sorry to revive this but i just wanna say something maybe the reason many people dislike the idea because you just copied it from cartman's idea to replace kanto,and from whom did you get the idea to travel to sinnoh,cartman right?, so its still not original, sorry for spamming

Apple Inc.

Years
  • umm sorry to revive this but i just wanna say something maybe the reason many people dislike the idea because you just copied it from cartman's idea to replace kanto,and from whom did you get the idea to travel to sinnoh,cartman right?, so its still not original, sorry for spamming

it is original as I am writing a whole new story to go along with Sinnoh. Yes I am back =]

Apparently my scripter has quit on me (waiting for confirmation) so PM if interested and you gotta have experience!!!

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    When DP Master told me he will quit, he sure was serious, but anyways, I wish you for the best of both finding a decent scripter and to the things you desire to do! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back