• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lustrous Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Huh... yeah... I don't really like adding stuff from other places into hacks...
    Anyways, yeah, any news on Shiny Silver, Garfield?

Well Esmas (Russell) we have added in our own DP tiles and we are working on the biggest nightmare of Rom Hacking other than Overworld Editing, SCRIPTING!!

Do not think DP master is doing all of the work for me, I just have a big project to work on so he is doing most of Beta 1 for me, I will be mapping for Beta 2 and doing more work then.

Our tiles are not to be used on anybody else's hack so please do not rip them off of a screenshot or save them when a beta is out.

Now that Shiny Gold is on hold this hack will (hopefully) get more attention now.

Years
    Scripting isn't that hard, it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
    Why would you want the Phone Booth Script? And if you wanted the Phone booth Script, write it yourself, why bother Zel? You need to think of something original, not just take stuff from other hacks.

Apple Inc.

Years
    Scripting isn't that hard, it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
    Why would you want the Phone Booth Script? And if you wanted the Phone booth Script, write it yourself, why bother Zel? You need to think of something original, not just take stuff from other hacks.

You know what, you are right, I think I know a way to make a phone anyway, use the fame checker. You edit what it says when you hit something and make it say what it would say if you used a phone. Thethethethe, if you want you can help us make a phone that will be in every Pokemon Center.

To Scizz, Hiroshi Sotomura and Semele: Can you please remove the Poll in my thread

Dr.Garchomp

Mr.Gaburiasu
    Years
    I agree with 4the on this one. You should probably take the same concept of the phone booth and make the fame checker or VS seeker into a pokegear with the 3 options of the radio, phone, map, and possibly a clock if you plan on using a time-span concept. As for the phone in the pokemon center, you can probably make them like the phone booths.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    to be honest, i wasn't that big of a fan of the phone system in GSC anyway. most of the calls were pointless ramblings about the trainer happening upon a pokemon and missing their chance at catching it. perhaps if you were to make it so that important characters (other than elm, mom, etc) cal you about certain side-quests or maybe after a certain milestone a call alerts you for an event? does it really have to be a phone anyway, it could be a txt message or perhaps a mobile email device. all i'm saying is that you don't have to stick to original silver (i know some of the other stuff ur adding in thats original to u alone) but add your own little flair to that device.

Apple Inc.

Years
    Well we are working on a Radio system right now. It won't be an item you hold, not now anyway. You will just click on a radio and it will pick a random show whether it be Pokemon Sleep or Oaks Seminar and play the according music and the text for a few.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    Could you show some screen shots of your... "progress"...?

And you skipped my question before, which was...

Putting in those regions will require you to add in a lot of maps. You DO know how to extend the maximum amount of maps that the game provides you... right...?

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
    Years
    i just love the maps, have you ever tried Kyledoves Ruby tiles. They would give the hack a bit of a Johto feeling to it, anyway good luck with this :P

Apple Inc.

Years
    I can script. Want me to have a go?

Please PM me next time and PM me your abilities as a scripter

Could you show some screen shots of your... "progress"...?

And you skipped my question before, which was...

I did not skip your question, I answered it and you probably just missed your answer.

i just love the maps, have you ever tried Kyledoves Ruby tiles. They would give the hack a bit of a Johto feeling to it, anyway good luck with this :P

We already have our own tiles for our hack

looks cool...hope to try the beta/alpha soon

Preview will be out within a week,

*SCREENSHOTS START TOMORROW!

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    I did not skip your question, I answered it and you probably just missed your answer.
    No, I checked and you did NOT answer my question, and you didn't answer it again. It seems like you are avoiding the question because you don't want people to know the answer... so how about you actually answer it this time. Here's my quote again, so answer it.

Putting in those regions will require you to add in a lot of maps. You DO know how to extend the maximum amount of maps that the game provides you... right...?

i know this hack will be one of the best hacks there will be so make it the best garfield
    ... don't count on it.

Apple Inc.

Years
    Putting in those regions will require you to add in a lot of maps. You DO know how to extend the maximum amount of maps that the game provides you, right?

Sorry CBM, I probably deleted that post to post something else. When you say that you mean making a new map right? Then yeah i know how to do that, if u mean expanding the ROM, i cant do that

... don't count on it.

Do you have any idea how mean that is? To be honest I think Pokemon Prism is terrible. You can post like that all you want once Beta 4 is out (which has Sinnoh) and youve played it yourself

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Now, now... I sense great disaster coming our way. Hmm... (chanting~ bulumm~luhammmm~oham~)... Aha! I saw the solution! Pls don't start a post-war-1 guys.

Anyways, try and concentrate on the hack, GL (Green Lantern :D)...

Best of luck and always aim high! ;)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    Do you have any idea how mean that is? To be honest I think Pokemon Prism is terrible. You can post like that all you want once Beta 4 is out (which has Sinnoh) and youve played it yourself

This hack will probably be cancelled by then, and you're only saying that Prism sucks because you're pissed off at me and my opinion (or probably the fact that its a Gameboy hack and the only thing that matters to you are graphics that the hacker didn't even make). Grow up.

And Sinnoh... wow...
    If I wanted to play in Sinnoh I'd just pick up my DS and play my Pokemon Pearl.

And GOOD hacks are supposed to have great qualities even in their first alpha or beta. I'm tired of crap hacks being released as first beta with no redeming qualities and when someone points that out they go "OMG ITS JUST A BETA". Show us something from the beginning, not until Beta 4 or whatever.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back