• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lustrous Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    This hack will probably be cancelled by then, and you're only saying that Prism sucks because you're pissed off at me and my opinion (or probably the fact that its a Gameboy hack and the only thing that matters to you are graphics that the hacker didn't even make). Grow up.

And Sinnoh... wow...
    If I wanted to play in Sinnoh I'd just pick up my DS and play my Pokemon Pearl.

And GOOD hacks are supposed to have great qualities even in their first alpha or beta. I'm tired of crap hacks being released as first beta with no redeming qualities and when someone points that out they go "OMG ITS JUST A BETA". Show us something from the beginning, not until Beta 4 or whatever.

I said wait until B4 because that will have Sinnoh and you can venture through the new chapter in Sinnoh. Maybe in Beta 1 we can have 1 or 2 Sinnoh Towns after Goldenrod using a warp shack like in Glowing Silver

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
    Sorry CBM, I probably deleted that post to post something else. When you say that you mean making a new map right? Then yeah i know how to do that, if u mean expanding the ROM, i cant do that

Do you have any idea how mean that is? To be honest I think Pokemon Prism is terrible. You can post like that all you want once Beta 4 is out (which has Sinnoh) and youve played it yourself

Abit oftopic Gl don't you think we are talking about SS bhow can you say that prism is better that this will ever be just because it's a gbc hack dosen't mean it's bad it rules xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    CBM is right you know...try doing something ORIGINAL adding maps and from other Pokemon related games does not equal being original. Acting out against Prism is not a good idea if you compare it to your hacks state. Also I claim that as being biased. Just think up of something that will appeal to a large audience and make sure it is original ;)

Years
    Do you have any idea how mean that is? To be honest I think Pokemon Prism is terrible. You can post like that all you want once Beta 4 is out (which has Sinnoh) and youve played it yourself

Why would you say that about a Gold hack. To be quite honest the amount of skill required for one is far more than the skill needed to add maps copied from previous pokemon games and added into a game as a lame excuse for a hack.
    I actually like Gold hacks, for Gold was one of my favourites and i think CBM has done a good job. And just by saying, "To be honest I think Pokemon Prism is terrible" will you have people criticizing you, like myself, because there are many supporters of Pokemon Brown, and you would be lucky to have 3.
    Anyway, the point is your hack is not original, not to criticize people who are clearly more skilled than you, jealously? and to not resort to saying that a good hack is terrible because he is constructive criticizing you.
    And also, this is by you in rijonAdventures new thread:
    Wow, a third thread for my 3rd favorite hack. number 2 being Shiny Gold and number one being Pokemon Shiny Silver
    Egotistic much?

Good day,
    Giovanni

Years
    Okay, here is my idea of the case, One man call garfieldlover94 i trying to make some kind of wannabe hack of shiny gold, because the things are going against garfieldlover94 he say he dont like the grafik in a gsc hack? Let me say something, then get pist at ninetendo... but normel this woult make me lauf, some kind of newbie wannabe n00b hacker, think he is a pokemon hacker think he is the greatest, bacause he was able to type advance map into google, and then find pc and post a hack...

Im NOT saying that this is bad hack and dont stop it, but it is about number 20 remake i see... And you shoult have been waiting some more time by post, Bacause then you coult maybe know a litle thing about hacking...

Im also NOT say that you are a bad hacker, you are wannabe i my eys, which i okay, but keep it for youself!!! Or am i wrong

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I have no idea what you were talking about... But then again, I think he has enough knowledge to hack, and I don't think he is trying to be zel, or be like zel.

Johto maybe is one of the famous regions in pkmn world, so maybe that's why there are many remakes of them. We have seen Nintendo remade Kanto, and so hackers tend to do the same thing, to remake, and their choice is to remake Johto.

But this hack, Shiny Silver, is going to Johto and Sinnoh. But then again, all these negative posts are the result for having a partially identical name of zel's hack, which is Shiny Gold.

In my humble opinion, if GL just choose a different hack name, then things would be up-side-down...

*sigh*......

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Im not mad about another silver hack, and i dont relly care about he i trying to do zel work, im not saying he is but the thinks he has said like

But im not saying that i dont like the hack or him, but i dont like the way he act

Correction.., '...like what he said'.

Eheheh... Anyways, yeah, that post was really a mean thing to say...

I wonder if peace will ever come here... -_-

Years
    Hey sorry for before, i was just getting a litle mad, I dont mean i dont like you, i Just dint like the way you was talking about prism, And then...

Sorry Garfieldlover... I dint mean it that way... i didnt like the way he was, when he was saying Prism was bad, bacause there has been a lot of peaple talking bad about gsc hack bacause, they just are old, bad grapik or peaple just dicede to not like them, But i dont think that garfieldlover94 dont like prism because he it is a gsc, bacause then probely woulnt remake it, or is it bacause he is remaking shiny gold?... I didnt mean to start a fight, maybe i sholt just keep me out of this..., But on the other side i still dont think it is a good idea to start saying i dont like antother hack in you own forum, And like you has you opepinium about you dont like prism, i think i was stupit to say that you didnt like it, I mean the stuff i said, but not that i dont like you or any thin, i mean it but not bad, Thanks to destinedjagold for letting me know that you might get hurt, that is not the idea behind the posts....

Apple Inc.

Years
    I am very upset because Cartman's hack Glowing Silver is a GSC remake and goes to Hoenn which we have already seen in GBA graphics and many people post good stuff there but My hack is a GSC remake in which you travel to Sinnoh which you have never seen in GBA graphics and many people dislike it.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    the point being: the majority of the game still takes place in Johto...it's been done at LEAST a dozen times before. it's just not fun anymore, EVEN if you had a few towns from Sinnoh in.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    I am very upset because Cartman's hack Glowing Silver is a GSC remake and goes to Hoenn which we have already seen in GBA graphics and many people post good stuff there but My hack is a GSC remake in which you travel to Sinnoh which you have never seen in GBA graphics and many people dislike it.

You should see his latest post there... and Sinnoh? So what! If I wanted to play in Sinnoh I'd just get my Nintendo DS and play Pokemon Pearl, seriously whats the point of downgrading it just so you can see the graphics by "GBA" standard. I feel that's a big waste of time.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Ehhmmm... Well, I really didn't want to make a post here, with all the apparent war going on here. I'll just say that perhaps all of you people may be going a bit too far on this. I always thought that hacking was supposed to be something to have fun with, not to start fights. It's just a game, in the end, isn't it?

As far as I know, people can do whatever they want when they hack, and they can also like or dislike whatever they want (as much as you hate the remakes) so you'll have to live with that, CBMan. And, as for you, garfieldlover, you'll have to take on the good and bad critics about your game (in any case, you are free to ignore them if that is what you want, though in most cases as long as they are done in a respectful and not biased way, you'll be able to take a lot of important stuff out of critics)

You two can keep arguing all you want, as long as it is in a respectful way (yeah, maybe hard, that's why I said "hope") (Let's not forget PC rules, so be careful guys)

Now you two can hate me all you want... Hope not... '^o^

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    Ehhmmm... Well, I really didn't want to make a post here, with all the apparent war going on here. I'll just say that perhaps all of you people may be going a bit too far on this. I always thought that hacking was supposed to be something to have fun with, not to start fights. It's just a game, in the end, isn't it?

As far as I know, people can do whatever they want when they hack, and they can also like or dislike whatever they want (as much as you hate the remakes) so you'll have to live with that, CBMan. And, as for you, garfieldlover, you'll have to take on the good and bad critics about your game (in any case, you are free to ignore them if that is what you want, though in most cases as long as they are done in a respectful and not biased way, you'll be able to take a lot of important stuff out of critics)

You two can keep arguing all you want, as long as it is in a respectful way (yeah, maybe hard, that's why I said "hope") (Let's not forget PC rules, so be careful guys)

Thanks for coming in Zel and making that point. I know theres going to be G/S remakes that I can't do anything about, but I'm allowed to have my own point of view. Overall, I just wish people would try to be more original in their works.

Although I don't like it when someone says they think my hack is terrible just because I don't like that person's hack, and then that person believes his hack is the best hack. Garfield needs to learn how to deal with critics better.

Apple Inc.

Years

Thank you for saying this zel. I have decided to ignore any and all posts by Coolboyman. BTW, what do u think of my hack so far. I will never hate you zel.

Also, something I would like to say is that all of Sinnoh will be in and Zel is not the only one who can make up a good story. I am on the creative writing team in my school and any time I ever had to make up a Story I always got an A.

Thanks for coming in Zel and making that point. I know theres going to be G/S remakes that I can't do anything about, but I'm allowed to have my own point of view. Overall, I just wish people would try to be more original in their works.

Although I don't like it when someone says they think my hack is terrible just because I don't like that person's hack, and then that person believes his hack is the best hack. Garfield needs to learn how to deal with critics better.

Well CBM, I am still learning in my hacking skills and my critic skills. Why can't we just call a truce and help each other out when it is needed

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, the ignoring thing was not strictly necessary, but as I said it before, you can do whatever you want (it brings bad memories to me, so I'm not gonna get too much into that), I still think that you should at least hear what CBMan has to say (give your opinion but don't be rude on him CBM, ok?)

Now, onto what I think about your hack. Well, it's pretty simple, I don't tend to post my opinions on hacks that really don't call my attention, there's still lots of stuff missing on your hack. But the important thing about it is: it lacks a goal. You can't just say "I'm gonna put Sinnoh" and that's it, you'll have to think on some pretty big plot in order to justify Sinnoh's existance on the game (since you said you are a pretty good writer, let's see what your skills can come up with)
    And obviously, this goes as well for Johto (to which I'd apply some mapping changes, though as you've heard many times now, Johto's becoming a bit overused region, so I'd think twice if I wanted to have Johto)

In the end, my final advise would be, you should close the thread, be a lot of time writing plot, and planning stuff. Then, start doing all your changes (mapping and scripting are priority, after that change some tile/palettes if you want), and only after you have done a good ammount of work, give the game another try to be posted on PC.

Well, that's it. Think about all of this, and perhaps your hack will become something that will call the attention of the people not just because they want to see how a fight is going on, or just because they want to increase their post count, but to actually praise your hard effort sincerely ;)

Apple Inc.

Years
    you are gonna like the updates that are about to occur (waiting for DP master) we have very nice tiles now

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    zel has a very touching advice... Made me cry little (honestly...)...

at least peace came back here.., no I can safely wonder the world! :D

so a new tileset, ei..? I can't wait to see them...

best of luck, GL! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back