• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently breeding?

Years
  • I had a few junk eggs I picked up from the daycare after getting what I was looking for and hadn't bothered to hatch. Decided today to hatch them and I got a shiny goomy! Unfortunately it had apparently been in the middle of a string of breeds...only 3ivs and missing one of the egg moves I eventually put on it. But still!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I had a few junk eggs I picked up from the daycare after getting what I was looking for and hadn't bothered to hatch. Decided today to hatch them and I got a shiny goomy! Unfortunately it had apparently been in the middle of a string of breeds...only 3ivs and missing one of the egg moves I eventually put on it. But still!
    Unless I'm being super lazy, I try to always take the last egg when switching parents (or finished a hatching goal). My second, shiny Sandshrew was one of the last eggs I picked up after hatching my first, shiny Sandshrew.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
  • Currently breeding Dratini with extremespeed, aqua jet, and dd. I get 5IVs about 90% of the time but no 6IVs yet. Definitely not looking for a shiny though because Shiny Dragonite looks like s***.

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • hey all well, im trying to breed an 5IV Charmander

Charmander / w Charcoal

Ability: solar power

Nature Mild

Move set:
    Dragon pulse
    Dragonclaw
    Flamethrower/Fireblast
    Dragondance

So yeah its really long to find one that's shiny I guess ill go to friend safari to exploit my options.
    In the end I hope to breed lots of cool pokemon for competing in or just make a trade shop. :-)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Breeding two versions of Charmander (one for each Charizard mega) and even the 12.5% female birth-rate is not happening. Had to breed at least 50 males before a female hatched; She wasn't any better than her mother. Then I had to breed 30+ more to get a female with better IVs. I'm not even working on my Charmander X yet.... FML :)

Maybe I should take a break and try to go back to trying to hatch a shiny Bulbasaur.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Breeding two versions of Charmander (one for each Charizard mega) and even the 12.5% female birth-rate is not happening. Had to breed at least 50 males before a female hatched; She wasn't any better than her mother. Then I had to breed 30+ more to get a female with better IVs. I'm not even working on my Charmander X yet.... FML :)

Maybe I should take a break and try to go back to trying to hatch a shiny Bulbasaur.

Yep that's how breeding those 12.5% genders go. I had the same thing happen while trying to breed Eevee, Fennekin, and Charmander lately. I would get females but with the same or worse IVs than the current mother. :<

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Yep that's how breeding those 12.5% genders go. I had the same thing happen while trying to breed Eevee, Fennekin, and Charmander lately. I would get females but with the same or worse IVs than the current mother. :<
    I've never had the string of not getting any females like that before though. I realize it's not a guarantee, but was going on long enough that I was questioning my Ditto and Charmander... like one of them was bugged or something.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Breeding two versions of Charmander (one for each Charizard mega) and even the 12.5% female birth-rate is not happening. Had to breed at least 50 males before a female hatched; She wasn't any better than her mother. Then I had to breed 30+ more to get a female with better IVs. I'm not even working on my Charmander X yet.... FML :)

Just use Ditto when breeding with that horrible 12.5% rate. It makes the process so much quicker. I was able to breed my Charizard X in less than a day.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Just use Ditto when breeding with that horrible 12.5% rate. It makes the process so much quicker. I was able to breed my Charizard X in less than a day.
    Oh, I was! That's why it was so frustrating that statistics were not on my side that day(s).

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022

LOL I took forever trying to hatch a male Charmander. Just wasn't happening, I got girl after girl. Now I WANT a female Togepi I can't hatch one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I have decided to breed a Moon Ball Mawile \o/ So far I got Seismis Toss on it and working on getting Metal Burst on to it. Then Sucker Punch and Misty Terrain. Just doing the egg moves cause I can. I have yet to decide on a nature. D:

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'm working on Kangaskhan -- adamant with double-edge and hammer arm <3

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
    Years
  • Im working on a lot. Im breeding:
    Competitive Jolteon
    Shinies via Masuda Method
    Snivies with egg moves AND shininess(I got 3 egg move snivy from a friend in Germany)
    Starters from johto, hoenn, kanto, unova and kalos (I have so many)
    Ditto
    IV/Competitive-raised pokemon

I already have a shiny dratini, and a german shiny corsola. :D

Back