• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Voltorb Flip!

Lady Ariel

Event Collector
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
I personally don't like Voltorb Flip, since it is very frustrating and confusing. I played it maybe once or twice and gave up on it. I also don't like the fact that you can't buy coins, which makes you have no other option but to play Voltorb Flip for coins.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I used to hate the Voltorb Flip but once I got used to it, it's actually not too bad and requires actual brain usage. But I HATE that they removed the slots. The ratings should stay what they were, and let slot machines go. Either that or Nintendo is being too sensitive. Either way, I hope someone can hack it back in the future.

Years
I absolutely hate Voltorb Flip.

I nearly went raging onto the internet (Bulbapedia specifically) to see what was up with the Game Corner no longer including the slots, and I thought to myself "that is just crazy for them to remove the slots from international versions 'because it promotes gambling, which is not appropriate for younger audiences'".

I dont understand though why controversy (at the time) was risen up with the slots.. after 12 years of Pokémon games, they were removed because 'slots are not appropriate for young audiences'.. Back before HG/SS, they never really had a problem with the slot machines.. or at least I dont think they did...

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
Years
I hate the game with everything I got. That phrase that says money can't buy happiness is true. But it can buy you coins to buy a pokemon. OH wait, that's not doable anymore.... I have got to Lvl 1, I have a max of like 20 coins and that was after about 3 hours of playing.

I don't get the memo thing, I used it a little, it helped I guess but I hate the game.

One of the first things I did was google a way to cheat the game so I would always win, no luck, then action replay codes, no luck. So I gave up.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
One of the first things I did was google a way to cheat the game so I would always win, no luck, then action replay codes, no luck. So I gave up.

Use your brain. One thing I like about Voltorb Flip is it requires math.

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
Did you like the fact that there is no slot machine?

It didn't really matter to me. I would just end up buying coins after getting frustrated with my bad luck at the slots.

Do you hate the fact you can't buy coins?

Yes. I am stuck at 24...24 COINS!! If I could buy some I would have way more.

Whats your highest level acheived?

Level 2, and that was by accident. I got frustrated with the game and I ended up just fliping the cards randomly and I ended up getting all the coins without hitting a Voltorb.

Do you actually use the memo?

No.

And any tips you have for this game for future players?

Tips? I need some tips myself.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2011
I personally like voltorb flip, and i got my dratini in very little time. I think my highest level was 7/8, but i don't remember that part.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Im pretty fond of it actually.....i've stocked up 50000 coins to SR for a shiny porygon too!

Years
It's infinitely better than slot machines, and I can get up to level 5 quite quickly. I like the probability maths you have to do to get the most out of it. You guys, you battle Pokemon, this is exactly the same as working out how likely your opponent is to use an attack or switch out... it's not an alien concept.

Good game, like minesweeper but faster and more fun.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
It's infinitely better than slot machines, and I can get up to level 5 quite quickly. I like the probability maths you have to do to get the most out of it. You guys, you battle Pokemon, this is exactly the same as working out how likely your opponent is to use an attack or switch out... it's not an alien concept.

Good game, like minesweeper but faster and more fun.

quoted for the truth.

I agree, getting upto level 5 is cakewalk, but for level 6 and above you need some luck to get going....
whats the highest level you've reached?

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
I really don't like the fact that they took out the slot machines. Voltorb flip may be fun,
but after loosing lots of games in a row, I quit playing it

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
I hate the game, only got to level 2 and have 300 coins. Math is my worst enemy and I don't like loosing so it's not really for me.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
I HATE Voltorb Flip as the only way to get coins. I like to play to work my brain a little, but as the only way to some TM's and Pokemon, ugh. I was really good at slot machines. They should have kept both slot machines and Voltorb Flip, like Mauville Game Corner.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
I prefer the good old-fashion slot machines in the Pokemon Games, personally.
It's just Voltorb Flip is a annoying and to me, just pointless.

Khall

Permafrost
Years
Let's be honest here, how many of you ACTUALLY used the slot machines? Yeah, we all just bought our coins instead of playing the games to get the prizes we want.

Voltorb Flip is better than playing the slots, and it gives a challenge to the game. I mean, it's not like you can't look up a Voltorb Flip solver on Google if you hate it that much. ;D

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I never used the slot machines since I could never win so I rather enjoyed the Voltorb Flip. The thing I didn't like about it is that when I get to like level 8 and I have to guess my first one and it's wrong sending me all the way back to level 1. I actually do use the memo, it's so useful for keeping track, what I do is mark every dead tile, so that's definite Voltorbs and 1s. If you see a row that has 5 for the number and 0 for Voltorb open all those, so you won't get kicked back down to level 1. If both numbers add to 6 then there's a 2 in there. If they add to 7 there's either two 2s or a 3. Hope that helps some people.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
I can't believe they gave us the Voltorb flip, I really dislike it, I wish there were slots and a way to purchase coins, it was much simpler that way, but nooooooo they want us players to grind for it! XP

Back