• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Voltorb Flip!

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
  • I've updated the first post with the tips people gave us.
    Also, I guess most of us never did use the slots... I used to use those in Sapphire, but never got much, despite getting the jackpot thrice. We're probably just sad we can't buy coins anymore.... but overall, I actually like voltorb flip. Requires brainpower instead of luck, better than dumb luck IMO.

There's still luck involved in Voltorb Flip, because there's always a few squares near the end of your game where you have to make a random choice, and a lot of the time it will wind up being a Voltorb. Although using your brain certainly helps (i.e. simple calculations and using memos to keep track of 1's/V's)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I still think it was a little over the top that they banned the Game corner because of laws, it's not like it's actual gambling it's Pokémon!
    But yeah I need to try this Voltorb Flip, when I'm next on HG/SS I'll give it a go!

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • There's still luck involved in Voltorb Flip, because there's always a few squares near the end of your game where you have to make a random choice, and a lot of the time it will wind up being a Voltorb. Although using your brain certainly helps (i.e. simple calculations and using memos to keep track of 1's/V's)

At the very least, it has less to do with luck than the slots. Voltorb flip lets you get through the first few levels with brainpower alone, while slots have no real strategy or thinking in them.
    So, overall I'd say Voltorb flip was a good choice. But I still hate the fact that you can't buy coins...

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • I've updated the first post with the tips people gave us.
    Psst, you forgot mine.

I actually played the slots quite a bit in Yellow, where if you got into the right rhythm of pressing the button you could get dozens of (usually minor) wins in a row. The later games add complications that make it not as easy to win, more random and often more confusing, so I haven't been as fond of the slots there. I was pretty good at card flipping in G/S/C, though.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    worst game ever.

the music drives me crazy and I can never get past level 2...
    I'll play the slots over voltorb flip any day!

Back