• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "Super-Training" Vs Regular Ev Training

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
Well the best way before post-game is still horde battle's with the macho brace + pokerus(depends on how far you're in the game). Its a bit slower but stil way faster than super training. And all of you who are complaining of not having pokerus. Just ask someone or go to the trade forum and ask for a pokerus infected pokemon let all your pokemon have pokerus and put them in your box after infecting your party.if its in the box before midnight pokerus day count won't decrease.
Edit: and ev caps on 252 so you don't need to worry that you put to much ev on 1 stat.

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
Years
I'm a veteran to EV Training and have done it since Gen III, however, I don't see how anyone can't see that Super Training is the quicker and easier method overall! I understand that in one Horde battle you are able to get a large number at once, but it takes a lot of setting up etc. Super Training just makes things easier and no need to battle at all (not to mention it being far more accurate!). It also make competitive battling much more accessible for everyone.

Same thoughts 100%, i like the side bar counter to its a nice touch.

Kaitou

Demonic Archangel
Years
I'm a veteran to EV Training and have done it since Gen III, however, I don't see how anyone can't see that Super Training is the quicker and easier method overall! I understand that in one Horde battle you are able to get a large number at once, but it takes a lot of setting up etc. Super Training just makes things easier and no need to battle at all (not to mention it being far more accurate!). It also make competitive battling much more accessible for everyone.

Yup, this too. I love old-fashioned EV training though. I did a lot of EV training services back in the day even. But the pokemon I run into this gen is just way too random. Friend Safari helps with limiting that but after trying super-training, it just takes a lot less time (for me). I haven't tried the hordes EV training way yet. I might give it a go after I get all the power items to compare.

Anyway, after feeding your pokemon 200 vitamins (100 per stat), they can easily blow through +12 Super Training in 10 seconds, plus the bags = efficient. I get tired doing them over and over though. Espeically SAtk. Stupid homing soccer balls.

Where is a good horde for SAtk EV training?

Years
Took me less than an hour to get a twenty win streak in double battles and then maybe a 10 win streak in super double battles and I bought all the power items.
No pokerus
Just EV trained a aggron, a skarmory, a excadrill, and a aegislash. No pokerus just power items
Took less than 30 minutes.
Super accurate. 10 earthquakes give you 250 evs
Even if you don't want a earthquake rock slide surf or dazzling gleam on your pkmn just use it momentarily
Horde EV training in far more superior than any current method IMO
Effectiveness
Accuracy
And time involved trumps all other methods

Yup, this too. I love old-fashioned EV training though. I did a lot of EV training services back in the day even. But the pokemon I run into this gen is just way too random. Friend Safari helps with limiting that but after trying super-training, it just takes a lot less time (for me). I haven't tried the hordes EV training way yet. I might give it a go after I get all the power items to compare.

Anyway, after feeding your pokemon 200 vitamins (100 per stat), they can easily blow through +12 Super Training in 10 seconds, plus the bags = efficient. I get tired doing them over and over though. Espeically SAtk. Stupid homing soccer balls.

Where is a good horde for SAtk EV training?

Frost cavern - vanilite
I believe you will run into a random smoochum horde from time to time which are also good for sp.atk

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Super-Training for sure. It's fast, it's easy, and it's a lot of fun. Giving your Pokémon the right Vitamins it needs to boost specific stats right before super training speeds up the process of being fully trained even more. I just don't have the time or patience for the old fashioned EV training anymore. Although, with hordes it has become easier, it's still a longer process with more steps to take. Plus, super training does have better control over which stats you want to focus in on, which is great in my opinion.

Years
Super training is the greatest thing they ever added. I don't find it to take too long at all, and it definitely saves me a lot of time. :p

Years
I don't remember if I responded before, but I do agree that horde battling is the best (and fastest!) way to EV train. I just give my Pokemon Pokerus and put someone with Surf in front and that combined with a macho brace or a power item and EVs come pretty fast. My only fear from horde battling would be accidentally running into a shiny Pokemon with an effort yield that I don't need. :P

I do like super training, though. Sometimes depending on the stat I'm training, it's just easier to use (like for Special Defense). Most of my Pokemon so far that have been fully EV-trained are done with some kind of combo between the two.

typhlosionflames

My shadow is a Hydreigon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Because I've been EV training with power items and pokerus utilized for years, I always find it fast with wild battles simply because I can train my Pokemon within a short time frame and get the best results possible when I'm prepared. Not only that but I have patiences and I'll be willing to do Horde EV training for a whole day if possible. Some may argue that either of the training paths are tedious (agree to disagree) but I see it as how a person perceives the lengthyness of either one and how they fair up with doing either of the same tasks.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
Super Training 100% for me. I tried EV training via hordes just to switch it up (and hunt for shinies), but it is just too time consuming unless you have Pokerus or Power items (I had Macho Brace, but that didnt help too much). I just buy 10 of each vitamin I need and Super Train the rest. After 20 vitamins, even a level 1 Pokemon can train pretty quickly.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I like that you can watch about how many EVs you have in each stats, but the mini game gets old really fast when you train someone to max EVs. I like the idea though. It would be a bit cooler if there were different mini-games for different EVs, like if to train speed you had to do something similar to the hurdles mini-game in the Pokeathlon.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I like the Macho Brace EV training on hordes, but I was glad to have the Super Training option for my Umbreon. The only area attack he can learn is Snarl, and Mime Jr. usually have 3-4 Soundproof in one horde; Making it pointless to grind on them. Super pain in the rear-end.

I also got tired of trying to find Mareep hordes when leveling SAtk on my Luvdisc. Had to finish her training on Super Training as well.

Super Training 100% for me. I tried EV training via hordes just to switch it up (and hunt for shinies), but it is just too time consuming unless you have Pokerus or Power items (I had Macho Brace, but that didnt help too much). I just buy 10 of each vitamin I need and Super Train the rest. After 20 vitamins, even a level 1 Pokemon can train pretty quickly.
I'll have to try the vitamin thing... plenty of disposable cash floating around after grinding XP at the battle house.

Last edited:

.Scream

Professor
Years
Super training is plain annoying IMO. I usually slap on the power bracelets/anklets etc, and beat hordes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Super training is plain annoying IMO. I usually slap on the power bracelets/anklets etc, and beat hordes.

Same here, not to mention that some pokes have that "Rapid Fire" ball type which is really horrible in Super Training.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2013
I want to get into horde training as I recently just acquired pokerus and heard it gives you boat loads, but right now I use super training. Plus there is the added benefit of super training, training your reflexes as well :P

.Scream

Professor
Years
I want to get into horde training as I recently just acquired pokerus and heard it gives you boat loads, but right now I use super training. Plus there is the added benefit of super training, training your reflexes as well :P

If you get the power items and Pokerus, it really speeds it up. Last night I fully EV trained two Litleos in about 20 mins.

Years
The way I see it(note this is my opion)
Super training is more fun.
Horfe battles are fasrer with Power items and Pokerus(but more boring sometimes)

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I haven't tried regular EV training before, but from what I've read and been told, it sounds a lot more tedious and easier to screw up than super training. With a combination of hordes and Pokérus, I'm sure that regular EV training can be faster for some stats, but I still find super training easier, personally.

Years
I actually don't regularly use super training for EVs anymore bar maybe that odd 4-8 points. It's useful for collecting bunch of rare evolutionary stones, though.

Back