• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "Super-Training" Vs Regular Ev Training

Years
Both methods are alright, though if you have the right tools, you can get upto 50 EVs in one encounter with Horde training. Super training gives more variety.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Horde Training (Pokerus + Power items) is easiest for me than any other method.

Years
I'm a veteran to EV Training and have done it since Gen III, however, I don't see how anyone can't see that Super Training is the quicker and easier method overall! I understand that in one Horde battle you are able to get a large number at once, but it takes a lot of setting up etc. Super Training just makes things easier and no need to battle at all (not to mention it being far more accurate!). It also make competitive battling much more accessible for everyone.

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
Years
I find regular EV training tedious. It's a lot of setting up and even if you CAN get up to 50 evs with hordes, it's just more boring and chore-like.

Super training is actually fun!

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
It literally takes me less than a minute to fully train a stat with hordes, and you can do multiple Pokemon at once and you also get exp. Theres no better way.

I only use Super Training for evolutionary stones, tbh.

Sparkle_Dog

Pkmn Breeder & Berry Farmer
Years
I never did the old EV training, because it looked very slow, as well as painful (in that I'd have to look up on the computer which pokemon I could and could not battle in order to fulfill my desired EVs). I really like the super training. It takes me about maybe 30 minutes to max the EVs on a Pokemon. It's really nice being able to get 12 EV points in under a minute, and sometimes 24 with a double up bag. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2015
I never did the old EV training, because it looked very slow, as well as painful (in that I'd have to look up on the computer which pokemon I could and could not battle in order to fulfill my desired EVs). I really like the super training. It takes me about maybe 30 minutes to max the EVs on a Pokemon. It's really nice being able to get 12 EV points in under a minute, and sometimes 24 with a double up bag. :)

I honestly think horde battles is faster. I hate super training. At first it was fun. Now it's just like ahhhh damn soccerballs! 1 horde battle can = 50 EV points or more if you have pokerus plus power item. All I literaly do is have that pokemon I'v EV training and switch to someone with surf lmao. It will take 5 horde battles to bring def or whatever to 250 then just battle 1 pokemanz without power item for the 2 points.

Someone also said that super training makes sure your EV's don't go over 252 points? if so, I could just do 5 horde battles plus 1 super training. Cause sometimes it's a pain in the butt to find that single pokemon with the ev you need.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Horde Battles are the BEST way to do it. However, if you do make mistakes you make BIG mistakes. However, It is A LOT FASTER than normal.

Super Training Menu gives access to Blank Bags. Using these after saving allows you to check your work in game.

Super Training is also convenient to get those lat 6 points without seeking out other pokemon.

Someone also said that super training makes sure your EV's don't go over 252 points? if so, I could just do 5 horde battles plus 1 super training. Cause sometimes it's a pain in the butt to find that single pokemon with the ev you need.

The new limit is 252. I've tested with Blank bag to prove it.

However to optimize your points at LV 50 you need multiples of 8 i.e. 248/248/8

However, this would only give you one extra stat point, so I wouldn't even bother counting. Just spam Surf 6 times instead of 5 to max out.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
both methods are ok, with super training you have more control in what you want, with normal ev training in hordes is usefull to save time if you are in a rush and want to ev train all 6 pokemon in 1 stat with the exp share activated.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
Hordes work for me. I'm not a perfectionist so I'm not looking for anything perfect in terms of the evs or ivs nor do I have the patience. I rather be finished in 5 mins then deal with the bags unless Im trying to reset.

Dexter Morgan

Born to be Wild
Years
Im a little bit perfectionist, so i prefer to use the supertraining mixed with vitamins (now that its easier to earn money due the o-power).

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Super training is quicker for me unless I have the power item for the stat I want my pokemon to be EV'd trained in

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
Super training is quicker for me unless I have the power item for the stat I want my pokemon to be EV'd trained in
I found getting the power items really easy to get. They only cost 16 BP each and the trainers at that place were a breeze to beat until you reach the Supers.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Super training: takes me an hour and a half for one pokemon, and I can get the EXACT evs i want.

regular ev training: takes me 3 hours, and i need the right items, and I have to constantly run from diffrent pokemon do get the evs I want perfectly.

Years
EV training with power items and hordes. Takes 10 minutes or less.
Teach a pokemon you want to EV rock slide, earthquake, or surf, or dazzling gleam. Have a pokemon with sweet scent in your team. Attach a power item. Get 25 EV's for one turn. One rockslide or earthquake. Use all 10 of your earthquakes and you have 250 evs in that stat. I used ss for a little while and still found it sloe. Now all I do is horde encounter EV and keep the ss interface open to monitor. O literally EV trained 4 pokemon in less than an hour today. Volcarona kangaskhan heracross and mawile. No exp share all seperate, took like 30 minutes

Sparkle_Dog

Pkmn Breeder & Berry Farmer
Years
Okay, so I recant my earlier statement about super training being better.

My pokemon have recently become infected with the pokerus, so I thought I'd give EV training with battles a try. I gave my pokemon a power item for the desired stat, used a pokemon with sweet scent to draw in hordes, and in, like, five minutes I had the desired stat maxed. WOW, that was quick. Me likey. :)

iicraft505

A Magikarp ate your pie.
Years
Horde battles might be faster, but Super Training is easier to understand and available WAY earlier, also horde battles require a lot of prep (compared to super training), so I prefer Super Training.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Super Training is very enjoyable and useful for those without Pokerus and Power items.
However using the Pokerus plus Power items with Hordes method is much less time consuming than utilizing the Super Training feature. If it only it gave more EV's...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 26, 2013
like most people said, and from what i read online, horde training is better than super training. given that you have all the necessary items, pokerus, and all those power items. but for people like me who never ever single time heard of pokerus and now that i know it you can get it like 1 out of how many digits of a chance, super training is my way to go. plus i feed my pokemons with vitamins at first so the ST is quicker, and well, fun ^^

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Super Training is very enjoyable and useful for those without Pokerus and Power items.
However using the Pokerus plus Power items with Hordes method is much less time consuming than utilizing the Super Training feature. If it only it gave more EV's...

I agree...

but super training a more for those like me who dont' have patience or time (work, school, etc) to pray for pokerus or sit and do the Battle Maison long enough to buy the items

Super Training is easy to track my trick I do..is take a caculator type the EV goal your working for like 252 and each time you complete a level subtract the EV you get (252-4 etc) until you reach 0

Back