• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MY NAMES... NOT... RIIIIIIIIICKK

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    People don't really mess up my name verbally, but when spelling it people tend to make mistakes. Even what I go by most often, "Jo", gets messed up. Although I guess I can't blame everyone, since the average spelling is "Joe". The rest of my name, well, it gets butchered.

Years
  • I can't even think of the last time I was called by the wrong name. And I don't care. It happens.

My name is Samantha. I'll respond to all the common nicknames. It's the biggest benefit to having a common name: people where I live will hardly screw it up, ever.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • It doesn't matter if you say my name wrong. I just correct you politely. I mean, "Melissa" and "Marissa" sound alike, and that's what people mistake my name to be. I don't care, it's fine by me. Melissa is a fine name, but if people say my name wrong, I won't flip my stuff about it.

Besides, I have so many nicknames: Mel, Melissa, Meli, whatever, doesn't matter.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I've heard over one hundred variations and mispronunciations of my name. It does not phase me in the least any longer. I actually place bets with family/friends when we go to restaurants that ask for a name because I usually get some wild or crazy spelling on the receipt.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Well, of course my name is easy, how hard can it be to pronounce Idan?
    WRONG!
    People have been calling me Aiden, Aiden, Edan, Eden, Etc...i'm just like: Idan....
    It's pronounced Eedan, i mean god damn it people there's an I right there in the start!

Years
  • People never call me by a wrong name. My name is Michael, so people either call me that or they call me Mike. However, it does annoy me when people write out my name and spell it wrong like Micheal. I prefer that people just call me Mike and write my name out that way :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Bruce is an easy name, so I don't have much worries. I'm sure I would get super annoyed if people got my name wrong all the time though.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • My name isn't difficult to spell at all. Although they once added a "t" at the end of it. I dunno where they found it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My name's Nicole, which has its variant of Nichole but Nicole is most common. I do get annoyed when people ask me "with an H?" because my name is so easy and if it was the less common spelling of the name I would tell you, but I didn't so it's not! God!

Also my last name is super easy as well and most people get it right off the bat without spelling but sometimes people ask me if there's a silent E in it. I have no idea where that came from because I've met a bunch of people with my last name but never with my last name + silent E.

Years
  • My BFF can't pronounce my name because half the letters in his language(and English) are pronounced completely differently from Slovenia.

So instead of Nejc, i am Nesh.

I had few relatives in real life call me Klemen, who is my 1 year older cousin and we are pretty much lookalikes, so i can forgive them.

Years
  • I have a very common first name : Sam
    The only problem I had at school was that there were a lot of people with that name as well... So, being a 'smart' year, each Sam got a nickname. Mine was Big-B. I think most of you can figure out why ;P

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • Substitute teachers get my name wrong all the time. It's quite easy to pronounce once you know it, though. My friends also tease me about it some - I've been called Quail, Quilt, etc etc etc. The worst one by far is Quilliam. My last name is also meh, but I'm almost never called by it so that's fine. My middle name is probably the most "normal" of the bunch. Figures.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • My dad has this issue. His name is Randal.

People always spell it Randall or Randel, but typically the former.

Or they'll call him Randy, when he only allows his parents and close friends (of which he has few) to call him Randy.

My first name, people always mispell is as "Tayler" instead of "Taylor." I actually don't associate with that name anymore and go by Irene (middle name). No mispellings for that lol

My sister's name - Mackenzie - is constantly mispelt as McKenzie.

Other than that, maybe my other middle name - Anne - might be mispelt as Ann, but it's normally not an issue.

People have more issues with my last name: Knicely-Coutts. I've seen Nicely-Coupps, Nicely-Kouts, Nicely-Couts, Knicely-Couts, and any and all variations inbetween.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Hi! My name is WHAT? My name is WHO? My name is chikichki G Whitty. (that's my rapper name okay don't diss)

Sometimes people call me Joe and Josh over the phone. It's rare. I have to pronounce my name oh so carefully to them. I'm worse with other people's names than they are with me though so it's okay.

Guest123_x1

I get called by the wrong name all the time at work. Some people either will mispronounce my name, or will even confuse me with someone else. Recently, a supervisor was calling for me, but I didn't respond as she was calling me by someone else's name (why should I respond to another name when I'm thinking they mean somebody else), when she kept saying that other name, I thought she meant somebody else.
    So yeah, that kind of thing drives me nuts.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • I have a brother who is more well know then me and looks similar to me, so I end up being called by his name, or "oh it's *****'s brother."

Back