• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MY NAMES... NOT... RIIIIIIIIICKK

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    How do feel about people calling you by the wrong name?

It really gets on my nerves. If they know me, they should know my name. If they don't know me, then I can forgive it. Once. After that, they should know my name.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Nicknames aside, my actual name is Italian and can be hard to pronounce or say correctly. So I've gone by a lot of variations of it over the years, and I'm at the point where it doesn't bother me anymore. I almost expect people to get my name wrong. lmfao

Years
    Everyone used to call me Han Solo, Hands or Hanes before Frozen comes out, now they call me Prince Hans of the Southern Isles. But in general I've only have one friend who calls me something other than my name (or an attempt/mock of it) and for some reason she calls me Potato (I think she's related to Sasha from AoT).

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I have a wonderful name conundrum. My name is Trever, but it is almost always spelled Trevor. It's so very annoying. I know that once I become an actor, that's gonna be a problem for me.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    It has only happened at school, last year, and I got a lot of ♥♥♥♥ from my punk ass classmates because of it. Thank you for calling me that, dear teacher. >_>

Years
    I think it is bad enough when people continue to call me by my full first name (which is a pet peeve of mine, unless it's in a formal environment). So to be called by a wrong name entirely would just set me off, really.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I don't really mind. I prefer that people don't know my name because then if I do something wrong they won't be able to identify me as easily. And then I don't feel like I've forced them to remember me because I'm not worth remembering.

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    My name is pretty short, so its hard to get wrong, except when they get my nickname mixed up with someone elses

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    My name is Geoffrey, which usually results in Jeremy, Gregory (the most common one), Godfrey, and other creative things that are not my name at all. I'm kind of getting used to it though and have gotten to just ignore it, though if I'm feeling particularly snarky I'll make a smartass remark correcting it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Eh. You can call me whatever you want.

I used to get annoyed when people would call me Nicky instead of Nick, but those were usually from people who knew me when I was really small and that's the name that I used back then. But apart from that, I mean, I don't really care. Call me whatever.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    My first name is amazingly common, so I never have that issue. But my last name gets screwed up regularly. Heck, the library once messed up and thought the 'g' was a 'z'. How that happened I have no idea.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    There are two (three?) ways to pronounce my name and I'm at the point where I am okay with every version of it because it happens so often. It really depends on whether they hear it or read it first and sometimes, even though they heard it first, still pronounce it wrong because of accent or whatever. So I've just learned to not care.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    My name is one of the unique stuff that a lot of name mishaps happened during the course of my life.

My actual name is pronounced with a hard C, not a soft C. Whenever someone first reads it, unless if they're a Physics teacher, they'll always pronounce it with a soft C. So far during my course of High School, I have already corrected almost everybody aside from one teacher that still continues to use the soft C. It gets annoying.

To avoid trouble, I normally ask people to refer to my nickname Candy to avoid more mispronunciations.

And then there's spelling with only one "L" instead of two. Also, "K" instead of "C".
    btw in case anyone wants to know, my first name's Candella

Years
    Some people have been calling me Brandon rather than Brendan for a majority of my life, and I eventually just gave up on correcting them a very long time ago. Back in elementary and middle school it used to bother me to no end, but when I realised it was just going to keep happening, I wouldn't bother correcting them more than the first time. If they keep mispronouncing my name, then I'll just go with it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    One of the guys I work with and I are both tall with brown hair, so all the old customers with dementia or bad eyesight often get us confused. I don't really care, I'll answer to either Andrew or Patrick at this point.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
    I get people messing up my name alllllll the time so I get to the point where I appointed my own nickname: Vii, or Vii - Vii if ya nasty

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    It's not so much being CALLED the wrong name for me. It's having my name misspelled a lot because I spell it differently than normal. People always spell it K-I-M-M-Y or K-I-M-M-I-E, and I'm like 'wut no'. It's K-I-M-I. I spell at that way because I used to love Kimi Finster from the Rugrats (still do!), and I thought her name was so adorable.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    My dad sometimes slips up and calls me by one of my brother's names, but usually only when he's not thinking right. I do understand too since he has three boys and my older brother and I look pretty similar (so similar that people always ask if we're twins). He never pronounces it wrong, just mixes us up sometimes. He's really the only person who gets it wrong cause it's an easy name to say. People always misspell my last name though spelling it as "Wolfe" instead of "Wolf" which is how it's spelled.

Years
    I get annoyed when I talk to people on the phone and they mishear my name and call me by the male variant of it instead... other than that my name is commonly misspelled.

Back