• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Drunk!

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • not opposed to the idea at all but I've never drank much. only a matter of time, I'm assuming. getting Black-Out Wasted doesn't exactly sound like the best time to me but like I feel like it's some sort of rite of passage and I should probably test my limits before I fuck something up majorly. you know what I'm saying

Years
  • I turn 21 next month, honestly I've drank before but never much, usually just a few mixed drinks or a couple shots in a reasonable amount of time. I've never been drunk, tipsy yes but I would never want to lose complete control

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • the only time ive drank is when im with my boyfriend. i've never been drunk before, only a bit tipsy lol.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I've never really been drunk before, the closest I came was actually my 21st birthday when I had a bunch of drinks and I was pretty buzzed, but I never really hit the point of drunkeness. I may have been near there at the end of the night when I was getting pretty silly, but I was also exhausted, so I'm not sure how drunk I actually was. In any case, I'm a pretty casual drinker and I only drink socially, so getting drunk really just doesn't happen for me.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Even though I'm allowed to drink here for more than two years, I still haven't and don't want to. I'm kinda scared about the thought of the possibility to lose control over myself.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hungover Mallory checking in to report she has indeed been drunk before. I drink here and there idk how else to describe it. I just will get in the mood for it one day and have a drinking weekend. Like I did with this weekend! If I drink alone then I'm just having a beer to myself. Being drunk alone is boring, I'd rather be drunk with friends. I had way too many different kinds of drinks last night so that pretty much sealed my fate with a hangover today. I'm pretty good now, but earlier my mouth was Sahara desert dry. Always go to bed with a water bottle at your side after a night of drinking!

Years
  • I'm a boring good kid and as I'm not legal to drink yet I've only really had alcohol when my parents allow it. That being said they've allowed me to have enough that I've been probably buzzed in the past? I didn't really feel any different. So long as people are responsible with their drinking and nothing harmful results (i.e. addiction), I don't see issues with getting drunk now and again.

Years
    • Seen today
    I've been drunk a few times. Once I was high and drunk at the same time.

It's been a long time since I've had a drink, though, and I don't at all drink regularly. I've probably had a total of four separate occasions where I drank.

The first time was after I moved out and drank with one of my friends. We had vodka and mixed it with drinks. She came over and watched a TV show - or wanted to - at my house. It wasn't on the subscription we had, so she got upset and I was drunk at the time so I felt terrible, because heightened emotions while drunk.

The second time was on St. Patricks Day last year. I got invited by a work friend from my past job to hang out with him and his friends and girlfriend. I drank on the car ride to ease my way into meeting his friends. By the time he picked up the third out of four people, I was already done. I got upset, and his girlfriend consoled me, and I thought she was nice, so I instinctively pecked her on the lips. She got upset, so to prove it didn't mean anything, I kissed my friend. They weren't mad at me, and I was still pretty upset about the whole situation, so they all helped me out and were super nice to me and forgiving, even though my antics costed them the reason why they decided to go on that outing, for a parade. I hung out with them a few times afterwards.

And the last time was over the summer last year. I went to a pub thing with my family, and later we came back and my cousin and brother were smoking out front, so I decided, what the hell? And I opted to smoke. Most obscure sensations I've ever felt, physically and mentally.

But overall, I would say I like some of the effects of drinking. Like the loss of inhibitions and the kick it gives me to be super outgoing and laughing and willing to take bolder risks with people than I would normally take. I'm already someone who I think is a pretty spontaneous person. I respond to desires and impulses pretty quickly and regularly, even if they're really obscure and I have no reason for them.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Legit can't get drunk. I'm a lightweight who can get tipsy before heading to the really sleepy end of the scale. I've been legal for almost 3 years now and every party or time I've ever drunk I've gone as most as being incredibly sleepy that I've had to go home.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Oh man, yes. Plenty of times. Do I regret some? Maybe. Do they make for interesting stories? Heck yes. I guess the one I'll share is the one PC-related. For future notice, never go onto Pokecommunity, Skype, or your computer at all for that matter, when you're drunk.

(details may have been a bit mixed up, it's hard to recall everything)

So I went out with friends, and by the time I get home, I'm pretty much gone. So I wanted to do something on the computer (for the life of me I can't remember what) and when I log in, Skype automatically is open. I foolishly decide to start chatting there with some of my PC friends, and upon them realizing I was hammered, it quickly turned into a skype call. A few things happened, but the most memorable of which was me almost buying one of my friends an airplane ticket to my city, as well as writing a haiku. This probably needs a bit of a backstory.

So I mostly hang around the Roleplay Theater section of Pokecommunity. There was one person in particular who sorta rubbed me the wrong way occasionally. I would comment about that occasionally to my other skype friends. To me, that person seemed a bit robotical, like they had the most dry and dull personality I've ever seen. It was so apparent that you could gather that online. So my friends joked around that I should post around PC. I don't expect any of them actually expected me to post anything, but I went ahead and did so anyway. I posted multiple posts across the roleplay corner. Most especially, I wrote a haiku to this robotic individual, straight up calling them a robot, and asking them not to kill me, or something like that. Thankfully, these posts were deleted swiftly after by one of the others in the skype call with me. Needless to say, I never went on PC drunk again.

Years
  • Nope. I don't drink. It's just not something I care for enough. And I don't want to get drunk and do something really dumb that I might regret.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of drinking.

I don't like the taste of alcohol so there isn't a whole lot that I enjoy drinking (for a long time, all I could drink were vodka coolers that tasted more like soft drinks than alcoholic drinks so I'd always sit there thinking "what's the point... I'd much rather be drinking a Coke right now"). So when everyone's getting drunk, I don't really have much variety to join in with. That said, I did finally acquire a taste for lagers, so I do have something I can order if I go out with friends and beer is something I do enjoy drinking one or two cans of if I'm over at someone's house party so... I've gained at least some taste for alcohol which makes drinking a whole lot less miserable.

But moreso, I really hate being drunk. I don't like being tipsy or even lightly buzzed. I deal with chronic pain so it's not uncommon for me to be on pretty strong painkillers that I absolutely cannot mix with alcohol. The pills tend to make me pretty out of it at times, and I have had times where I've been on them for like a month and I don't even remember those months which is scary. So on a personal level, because I struggle with loss of ability/dexterity/sobriety so often and I don't get to choose when, sometimes it's hard to figure out why anyone would willingly do that to themselves. It sucks, so when I can choose between being fully in control of myself and my senses, I often do just that and say no to the alcohol. I don't judge others for preferring to drink, but I honestly really do find it hard not to judge people who go out of their way to get blackout drunk or to drink so much they totally lose their filter and say/do things they regret. Why would you ever choose to do that if you don't have to?? It really bothers me. :(

idk, I've gotten a lot better with alcohol (both in finding things I can drink without making a face at it and being more open to the idea of drinking) but I so often still find myself desperately wishing I could go back to the years before all my friends were drinking age so that social events weren't so synonymous with drinking. Ah well.

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
  • This thread is... surreal.

Like everybody my age I've ever met (barring those who choose not to on religious grounds) yes, I drink, and yes, I have been drunk. It's so weird seeing so many people who haven't been drunk or are outright against the idea of it like... damn. o_O Maybe it's a culture / location thing but over here alcohol is just... a fact of life. You drink. Everyone drinks. It's bizarre if you choose not to drink. Regardless of why where or when you drink and you have most likely been drunk. Other than, of course, religious grounds again. Or recovering alcoholics I guess.

It's an age thing. I used to have the same "I won't drink or do drugs ever" mindset when I was younger too.
    Now I get drunk/high several times a week (depending on how busy I am of course!)

Man, young me would've been so disappointed! But he'd been missing out too!

Years
  • I agree with shenanigans, I'm a bit weirded out by how against drinking everyone is. As long as its done in moderation I don't see anything wrong with it.

I do drink and I've been drunk a fair few times. I really enjoyed it, I got to see my friends be more comfortable with themselves and we all get to laugh the next day at some of the stories that crept up!

Years
  • I do get drunk, whenever the occasion's right. I mean standing around drinking water in a party or a festival is hardly fun, plus like shenanigans said around here drinking really is the norm. It's also the usual birthplace of all kinds of stories aha
    and if anyone's wondering yes I am underage shush

It's the birthplace of some interesting and not easily decipherable VMs also.

I don't really drink much and when I do it's never enough to get drunk. I wouldn't be someone people would like to be around if I didn't feel like I was in control of my actions. The same logic applies to other drugs.

I will say though, I have been in the presence of some very amusing drunks.
    You have not lived until you have seen people attempt to jive whilst drunk.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I only drink on the special occasion. I used to drink when I was 19, a lot. I'm not an aggressive drunk at all; I'm actually very calming. And no, I don't forget what happened on the night, either... I still remember every detail.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I have no interest in touching alcohol for the foreseeable future. Blacking out and waking up having no idea how you blacked out in the first place doesn't really seem like my idea of having fun. >.< Not to mention I like to actually be aware of what the heck I'm doing.

That's not to say that I haven't tried it before though....just generally not my thing.

I'm 23 and been drinking since I was 15 and I never once got so drunk that I blacked out and woke up clueless to what's going on, I even downed a whole fifth of fireball whiskey then had 4 or 5 drinks at the bar and still didn't pass out and I'm only 160 lbs. I was wasted but I woke up normal. I can't imagine how much liquor it would take to black out.

Anyways, I do drink and I've been drunk quite a few times. Drink maybe once a week, but I'm of age and far from an alcoholic so it's fine.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    since i'm probably gonna end up drinking again tonight, i feel it's appropriate to reply this now.

i have definitely been drunk. luckily for me it never gets to the point where i act like a fool. it just calms me and makes it so that i don't remember really anything from that period of time. drinking at parties isn't something i've really participated in. i'm sad and lonely so i just drink by myself. ;P

Back