• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Big Sting: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • Mega Volcarona yes!
    I mean it may be OP or Ubers but... Come on... I love Volcarona its so deserving of it!
    This would scare someone over wifi battle haha it'd be like nope they have a Volcarona im out...
    Spoiler:

Now mega butterfree im greatly anticipating i mean it'd be crazy for them not to have her right?
    This is the one that looks the most like the one in my mind and looks the best in my opinion.
    Spoiler:

I really like galvantula since i love electric and ice types and theres no ice and bug galvantula is the next best thing! So i kinda like this art of him and i think with a little bit of boost in power itll be so much more awesome!
    Spoiler:

Im gonna go on for a while lol
    So Vespiquen ive never seen as a big powerhouse and i could see it with another evolution so why not a mega?
    Really it does need a little more defense this art is ehhh... But nothing can be perfect.
    Spoiler:

And another i agree with because i used it in sinnoh is mega yanmega. I mean mega yanmega one of the fastest pokemon.... Just with more attack can take people out before they can even say a word. I personally like this design and just yes needs to happen!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

MurderKode

PokeCritic,PokePower
    Years
  • Name:MurderKode
    Bug type partners:Leavanny and Scolipede
    Reason(s) for liking bug types:They couter psychic and dark, which ive had problems with.Also they are just cool in my mind.

I think Scolipede and Leavanny should get Megas because there are sort of underservered compared to some of the other bug types, volcarona being super rare and having a signature move,beedrill mega,multiple villivon patterns so thats why they should have megas.

DId you make that art? Its amazing and would scare anyone on wi-fi battles if used at right time.

Dedenne1

Years
    Reason(s) for liking bug types:They couter psychic and dark, which ive had problems with.Also they are just cool in my mind.

I think Scolipede and Leavanny should get Megas because there are sort of underservered compared to some of the other bug types, volcarona being super rare and having a signature move,beedrill mega,multiple villivon patterns so thats why they should have megas.

Hey Welcome to the club!
    Since i just refreshed and i see the other message lol no i didnt make that art
    just some i find on dev :)
    Ya theyre scary right lol makes bug types look even tougher!
    I agree though Leavanny is so deserving of a mega its on Ash's team in the anime and burgh used it as well plus its a great pokemon umm idk if theres any other grass and bug types besides Wormadam (which i dont like) so its unique. Its also pretty poweful but it needs a boost in My opinion here's a boost haha
    Spoiler:

Scolipede i dont 100% agree with only because i dont love it since big and poison is more common plus beedrill is bug an poison and has a mega and i wasnt thrilled with it when i tried it on my team but i do think we need more unova Megas and these 2 are underrated so ya good picks!
    Anyways welcome to the club i hope u enjoy your time here! ;)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I am disappointed by the lack of M-Butterfree in ORAS. I really thought we are going to have it since M-Beedrill is a thing. It could have used the great boost in power.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years

DId you make that art? Its amazing and would scare anyone on wi-fi battles if used at right time.

Welcome! I could totally agree with them getting Megas, they are very cool Pokémon and could definitely be made even better with Megas.

Those are all good choices, Dedenne, I'm especially a fan of Galvantula, I always forget about that one but it is very cool.

MurderKode

PokeCritic,PokePower
    Years
  • Thats a good idea of mega leavanny dedenne and i guess your right about scolipede because of M-beedrill

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What is your favorite Bug-type move?
    Bug Buzz is rather cool! Once you manage to raise your Special Attack stat, you could wreak some havoc with this move; generally, it makes things rather easy. Due to similar reasons, I'm also fond of X-Scissor, but only on the physical side.

Which Bug-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?
    Volcarona, definitely. I'm a huge fan of its design, and am pretty interested to see how they are able to improve on it. Not only that, but this Pokémon is also good on competitive side of things; if it winds up getting some mega-form of sorts, it would become even better.

Only thing I am hoping, though, is that they don't give it too much stats boost. If they do, it might turn out to be slightly overpowering, which could mean bad news; it would likely be considered to be banned into Ubers tier and whatnot.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Thats a good idea of mega leavanny dedenne and i guess your right about scolipede because of M-beedrill
    Haah ya but thats not to say it wont ever happen :)

What is your favorite Bug-type move?
    Bug Buzz is rather cool! Once you manage to raise your Special Attack stat, you could wreak some havoc with this move; generally, it makes things rather easy. Due to similar reasons, I'm also fond of X-Scissor, but only on the physical side.

Volcarona, definitely. I'm a huge fan of its design, and am pretty interested to see how they are able to improve on it. Not only that, but this Pokémon is also good on competitive side of things; if it winds up getting some mega-form of sorts, it would become even better.

Only thing I am hoping, though, is that they don't give it too much stats boost. If they do, it might turn out to be slightly overpowering, which could mean bad news; it would likely be considered to be banned into Ubers tier and whatnot.

Ya like i said it may get moved to ubers only because its a powerful pokemon :)
    Its design is cool right? I think if u sent out a Volcarona and mega'd it people would be all too scared but as long as only its mega is in ubers it could potentially be more powerful than mega salamence and be an awesome pokemon! But it is all too cool already as well ;)

MurderKode

PokeCritic,PokePower
    Years
  • Im not too sure on mega volcarona its already strong and cool looks cool as well but mega evolving it would send its already sky high stats even higher and op ubers either way a bit op but still good idea

Years
  • Which Bug-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?

I'd love to see a Mega Yanmega, since I don't see anything special going for it other than probably Speed Boost. I think its ideal stat increase would mainly be to its two best stats, Sp. Attack and especially Speed while keeping Speed Boost. As for typing I don't see Bug/Dragon happening so it'll probably be stuck with its Bug/Flying-type.

Another one I'd love to see is Megas for Beautifly and Dustox. Those two have some pretty terrible distribution with their stats and a boost done by Mega Evolution would help patch them up. For abilities, I'd love to see Adaptability for Dustox and maybe Aerilate for Beautifly.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

I'm surprised no one's suggested a Mega Durant but I could definitely see it working out. Since it has no other forms and is already overshadowed by fellow bug/steels (scizor for example), a mega could help it get back on people's teams. I know most people don't really like arachnids but come on, Durant's about as cool as you can get with spiders and a mega form would boost its popularity tenfold. (that or make it even more terrifying to people with arachnophobia but shhhh).

I think Butterfree's one of the obvious choices for a mega. As it goes with any two pokemon counterparts, having one mega without the other is pretty weird. Some other pokemon that also need megas are the duo of Escavalier and Accelgor. My favourite bug counterparts deserve one for the mega knight and phantom combo. :D

M-Yanmega's an amazing idea as well. Lets make it happen sometime. <3

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I doubt it's weird since I've always been really jumpy and scared towards spiders and poisnonous insects of the like.

I think bug types aren't scary though. They're definitely like their real life counterparts but they can't actually do anything towards you as they're in-game. Besides their colourful and bright designs makes them much more lovable than say a wasp or real life moth. :)

But since we're on the idea of fear, what's the most terrifying bug type to you guys and why?

Shedninja probably takes the top spot here. It's a lifelessly empty shell with looks of death and not much going for it. Durant's also not one of the happiest designs out there with the thought of an incredibly fast mecha spider. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What's the most terrifying bug type to you guys and why?
    Shedinja would definitely have to be on the terrifying side, I agree, haha. It's Nincada's skin possessed by some ghost; what could be more scary? If I were to run into something like this in real life, I know I would be afraid.

Aside from that, I also find Mega-Heracross to be sort of intimidating. It looks sort of like a clown thanks to its nose, and although I don't precisely dislike clowns, the way its design was generally executed here is slightly discomforting, at least in my eyes.

Mega-Pinsir is scary, too, especially due to how its eyes and mouth were put together. Though, I believe this was their main objective when designing this particular Pokémon—to have it force fear and whatnot. I feel that they were rather successful at it!

Years
  • What's the most terrifying Bug-type to you guys and why?

Shedinja for sure! The Pokedex entries are mainly what makes it creepy, the fact you lose your soul if you stare at its back but then again... in the battle scenes you do view it from the back and nothing happens, just shows how Pokedex entries aren't always accurate.

Dedenne1

Years
  • what's the most terrifying bug type to you guys and why?
    Not much of a follower but Shedinja is evil and creepy in my mind lol its just the shell! Nothing else just eihhhhhhhh!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Speaking of Shedinja, how cool would we believe it to be had it gotten an actual evolution at some point in future?

If this Pokémon does gain an evolution, I'm hoping it to grow more ghost-like features in terms of appearance, while still keeping a bit of bug-related things (such as skin). If its body would turn more bulky, that would be nice, too. As for stats and whatnot, I feel it'd be interesting if its health were to be raised by about a hundred points, and its ability changed to something else (this way, it would be treated just as any other Pokémon).

If not an evolution, a mega-form wouldn't be such a bad alternative, if you ask me! Though, I still believe it'd be nice if its stats, ability, and so forth were to get an overhaul.

Years
  • What's the most terrifying Bug-type to you guys and why?
    Other than Shedinja who's been mentioned already, I think i'll give an extra mention to Ariados. That one looks menacing, and it isn't really helped by the fact that it learns a move that entrains the foe in a spider web. How about that its Pokédex entries in (Heart) Gold and X state that it shoots silk from its behind? That's unnerving.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back