• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Freak HQ - Building Generation 7

What shall our 7th gen game be called?

• Pokémon Charm and Pokémon Curse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokémon Minus and Pokémon Plus

• Pokémon Minor and Pokémon Major

• Pokémon Yin and Pokémon Yang

• Pokémon Fire and Pokémon Ice

• Pokémon Land and Pokémon Sea

• Pokéon Hope and Pokémon Despair

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pokémon Acid and Pokémon Neutral

• Pokémon Slice and Pokémon Dice

• Pokémon Shrine and Pokémon Altar

• Pokémon Direct and Pokémon Indirect

• Pokémon Dry Ice and Pokémon Liquid Metal

• Pokémon Conch and Pokémon Clam

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
1. The 6th generation and the new Pokémon of course (151 new Pokémon with good names and Dex-Entries)
2. Following Pokémon, obviously
3. Three regions
4. Mega Pokémon
5. Pokéball customizations
6. changing clothes and different Characters (PC)
7. I would like a Skateboard, Taxi and like real world traffic, streets etc.
8. I would like to see the mood of your playable character (pc) and for example, the pc could eat and drink and sit and sleep and watch TV and have a mood, it would be great.
9. i would like that it would have Quests where you can help the NPCs in a city or in a Pokémon Center, or maybe a right place for that, you could help them find something they have lost or other Quests that can be invented.

If that would be in 7th generation or in a hack it would be great!

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
Every new Generations brings up a new region with more species to catch, including new Legendary Pokémon, usually with a storyline targetted to them. Although your ideas are great, it's not suitable for a new generation, although we could adapt a post game Lugia/Hooh storyline, like Delta Episode in ORAS. Mewtwo already appears in Gen 1, 2 (in HGSS), and in 6 which is recent (You can use Pokémon Bank to get it :P).

Whoops. I was thinking about remakes when I posted that. I forgot we were talking about a new Gen with new pokemon.

In which I would like new stage evolutions of older pokemon, and XY mega's

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
What brand new features would we like to see introduced in 7th gen?

I've got one: upon learning an HM move, a Pokemon PERMANENTLY gains the ability to use that ability outside of battle (with the proper Gym Badge). If you delete the move via the Move Tutor you can retain the ability for the cost of an item. This will allow players to continue to use their preferred party w/out being constrained by HM moves if they want to head out into the field.

Years
1. Pokémon with offensive nicknames will disobey you
2. Use a non Pokémon ammibo, you unlock a costume for that character
3. Just like in the anime, your Pokémon must have a maximum happiness in order to Mega evolve
4. New Pokéball like item. A Bug net. Webbing is made of material that catches any Bug type
5. Kissing moves won't affect Pokémon of same gender
6. Certain Mythicals/Legendaries will receive genders. Still not breedable. But if Heatran needs to be unisex, then my Meloetta needs to be a female
7. Expanding upon the gender retcon, feminine Pokémon like Gardevoir become pure female while a few males like Glalie become pure male

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
Full List
Trainer Customization
New Region to Explore
Battle Frontier and Tower
VS. Seeker, Gym Leader Rematches

Display EVs and IVs (with numbers instead of graphs)
Reusable TMs, No HMs
Safari Zone
Nidoran 1 pokemon, not 2.
Nidorana, and Nidoqueen can breed.

Actual dialogue you can pick (but that could make future games longer to program)
DayCare gives tips about Breeding Egg moves?
Challenge
Minor Improvements to the Bug Type
Aria Type (Sound/Music) type weak to Dragon, and Ghost.
Origin forms for all the fossil pokemon
Electrode to learn Surf

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
New features I'd want in Gen-7:
  • Some sort of new battle style, maybe like a rotation battle with two Pokemon up front?
  • 6+ Party Pokemon, though the same "after six Pokemon faint you lose" deal, you can still choose between 7 or 8 Pokemon.
  • Two sides of the same story, depending on the version.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
My only 2 wishes since decade ago when I just knew this game.
1. Every pokemons are able to follow behind.
2. Single-player overworld and Multi-player overworld. Both connect to each to each other so players can play solo style or play with friends as they please.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
New features I'd want in Gen-7:
  • Some sort of new battle style, maybe like a rotation battle with two Pokemon up front?
  • 6+ Party Pokemon, though the same "after six Pokemon faint you lose" deal, you can still choose between 7 or 8 Pokemon.
  • Two sides of the same story, depending on the version.
That would be awesome, because HM slaves wouldn't take up space.

Years
Hopefully it's not too late to throw new ideas out there..
• Berry grafting
• Roaming shinies
• The more clothes you buy, the less Cottonseed Pokémon that you find in the wild
• Swimming suits
• Customizable clothes *as in choosing the colors and all*
• Player commands I will explain. The player can whistle to get the attention of an NPC, throw a coin to distract lets saaay... a TR Grunt. Maybe this could affect wild Pokémon encounters

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
Back when BW was announced Me and a fried was told it was possible to play together so we bought the game thinking we would be in the same world together. >_> We never felt so cheated before.

Crin

Life is all about choices
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
A new feature I would love to see incorporated would be the ability to choose my path. What I mean by this is having the ability to choose the whether or not I want to be the champion of the pokemon league, join the villainous team, become a pokemon breeder, becoome a gym leader, become a pokemon professor, ETC.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Alright everyone! Thanks for contributing your suggestions and for voting n_n Now that we've got the votes in, here's what the community has chosen for the new features our 7th gen game will have!

• More post-game episodes: Just like the Delta Episode in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but this time, we'll get more of them after we beat the Elite Four, rather than just a single one.

• Extended player customization: As Light & Darkness Dragon suggested, this time around, we'll be able to choose whether or not the main character will wear a hat. And we'll even be able to choose a completely new starting character part-way through the game, with a different skin tone and gender.

• Overworld multiplayer co-op: This would allow other players to connect to our game through Wi-Fi, and interact with us in the overworld.

• More Pokémon to ride on: In addition to being able to ride Gogoat, Mamoswine, or Rhyhorn like in X&Y, in our 7th gen game, we'll have an even wider range of Pokémon that we can ride one at various points in the game!

• Find eggs in the wild: rather than just finding them in the Day Care, we can find eggs in the wild. Who knows what will hatch from them?

• Quests from NPCs: Optional quests that are given to us by random NPCs, giving us more incentive to explore and talk to as many people as possible!

• Branching storyline: Every main series game has had a more or less linear story. But what the decisions the main character makes affected how the story develops?

• Surf/Fly/etc. without HM moves: No need to use HM03 on your Lapras to travel across water. Lapras can swim just by being a Lapras! At least in this game it can.

• Greater number of PC boxes: An increase in the number of boxes we get in the PC, allowing us to store a greater number of Pokémon.

• Items taking the place of HM moves: In addition to not needing to teach you Pokémon HM moves in order to perform overworld actions, there are also items that let us Surf/Cut/Flash/etc. without us even needing to have a certain Pokémon on our team!

• Get items from fishing: So even if we don't reel up a Pokémon, perhaps we'll fish up some nifty items. Maybe a Water Stone, a PokéBall, or even a Heart Scale!

And finally, here's the last part of our event:

In 1st generation we had colors. Then in 2nd gen, the games were named after metals. 3rd gen and 4th gen were gem stones, 5th gen we went back to colors with the monotone Black & White, and 6th gen did something entirely new: the letters that make up the coordinate axes, X&Y! But what about 7th gen? Share your ideas on what you think the naming scheme on the 7th gen games should be!

We'll put this last part up to a vote on Friday the 19th :)

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years

That's a tough one, since we don't have story and background concept.

So, how about a feelings scheme?

Some examples:

• Bravery/Fear
  • Fear/Despair
  • Bravery/Courage
  • Fun/Boredom
  • Love/Hate
  • Happiness/Sadness
These are some examples of combinations and not the best ones.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Good choices, guys!

That's a tough one, since we don't have story and background concept.

Good point! But it's not all too common for the naming scheme for the games to be based on the story or background concept. They are usually based on the mascot legendaries in some form (maybe not always though, looking at you Giratina/Platinum), but still, we can get creative! haha

A soul growth vs. Soul damned theme
Increasment/Decreasment

Emotion theme
Happiness/Sorrow

Miscellaneous
Winter/Summer Solstice
Charm/Curse
Dainty/Dingy

Everyday forum life theme
Troll/Mod

Troll/mod is an interesting choice! I can only imagine what the mascot legendaries would be for something like that, or even more interestingly, what the villainous team's goals with them would be haha

Years
Good choices, guys!

Good point! But it's not all too common for the naming scheme for the games to be based on the story or background concept. They are usually based on the mascot legendaries in some form (maybe not always though, looking at you Giratina/Platinum), but still, we can get creative! haha

Troll/mod is an interesting choice! I can only imagine what the mascot legendaries would be for something like that, or even more interestingly, what the villainous team's goals with them would be haha

Will tell u via PM later. *Giggles a bit* I will delete that option though since I am paranoid of people stealingy jdeas. I do understand that this is a community thing, but some people are furtive..

Back