• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Freak HQ - Building Generation 7

What shall our 7th gen game be called?

• Pokémon Charm and Pokémon Curse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokémon Minus and Pokémon Plus

• Pokémon Minor and Pokémon Major

• Pokémon Yin and Pokémon Yang

• Pokémon Fire and Pokémon Ice

• Pokémon Land and Pokémon Sea

• Pokéon Hope and Pokémon Despair

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pokémon Acid and Pokémon Neutral

• Pokémon Slice and Pokémon Dice

• Pokémon Shrine and Pokémon Altar

• Pokémon Direct and Pokémon Indirect

• Pokémon Dry Ice and Pokémon Liquid Metal

• Pokémon Conch and Pokémon Clam

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
  • XY introduced the Friend Safari, but he area is too simple, we don't have anything to explore. So I would like 7th generation to have the classic Safari Zone, with great areas to explore.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • I've said it for a long time now, I want the people at Sony to somehow get the rights to Pokemon. Imagine a free roaming Pokemon game with the graphics of Fallout 4. Heck, I'd even take a free roaming game with Uncharted graphics. The 3D look just doesn't compare to games this year. I still love the, but it's no comparison for me.

Years
  • Oh yes, the Underground, and Join Avenue too!

I would also like a mega game that included a Contest, Pokeathlon, Musical, Pokestar Studios, Battle Factory and PWT!

Plus DexNav, being able to fly directly to routes, horde encounters, soaring, PSS, Amie, Super Training and an optional following Pokemon.

This would depend on them bringing the Dream Workd back (Please do it!) but the Entree Forest and being able to visit other's games and play those questy things!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    What features of previous games would we like to have in 7th gen?

Obviously the HG/SS pokémon walking with you feature, something similar to the PWT in B2/W2, bringing back the Challenge Mode like I've said multiple times, and maybe bring back being able to do gym rematches like in Emerald and HG/SS? That's a few ideas, at least.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    What features of previous games would we like to have in 7th gen?

I'd say everything, but if I only had to pick some there would be:

• Following Pokemon
    • Expanded Battle Frontier, along with the Pokemon World Tournament
    • Gym Leader Rematches
    • A combination of the Poketch and Pokegear, allowing phone calls and apps
    • VS. Seeker where you can rematch trainers, but to me the Poketch+Pokegear will be in a way where you have more benefits after battling trainers who call you
    • DexNav
    • Pokeathlon, Slot Machines, Pokestar Studios and probably some more mini-games and extra battling stuff

Years
  • What features of previous games would we like to have in 7th gen?

*Day/Night system- I love the transitions between day and night in Gen 6, so I would hope they would add it to Gen 7. Also give us more Pokemon between Day and Night!
    *Seasons- This was an awesome feature in Gen 5 and needs to come back!
    *Gym Leader Rematches- I would love more rematches.
    *Battle Frontier- I was really hoping for the battle frontier in ORAS, so I hope they add something similar in Gen 7.
    *Pokeball creation/customization- Apricorn balls and Pokeball stickers.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Alright guys, great choices! This reminds me of how many great features there've been in the past. It's been so long since I've played the some of the older games, so I had completely forgotten about a few of these!

I'd like to add two more suggestions, because these are features I really liked and I think they'd be great to have in a future game: The Pokémon Dream Radar, and the Pokéwalker.

We'll have a poll up for these later today, here's what we have so far:

• Trainer customization
    • Challenge/Easy mode
    • DexNav
    • Battle Frontier
    • Soaring
    • Pikachu Surf Game
    • Following Pokémon
    • Apricorns/Apricorn balls
    • Secret Bases
    • PR Videos
    • Friend Safari
    • PokéGear
    • 2 regions
    • Pokémon Musical
    • Pokéstar studios
    • Unova Link Key System
    • Pokéathlon
    • Bug catching contests
    • Contests
    • Berry Pots
    • The Underground
    • Join Avenue
    • Dream World
    • Battle Factory
    • PWT
    • Gym Leader Rematches
    • Poketch
    • Game Corner
    • Seasons
    • Pokéball Customization
    • Pokémon Dream Radar
    • Pokéwalker
    Here's a few others that were mentioned, but these have all appeared in more than one of the most recent Pokémon games and haven't been removed, so it's safe to assume that these will be regular features (unless you guys think they might not be, then let us know!)

• PokéRadar
    • Day/Night Cycle
    • Pokémon Amie
    • Wonder Trade
    • Super Training
    • O Powers
    • PSS

Last edited:

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Alright guys, great choices! This reminds me of how many great features there've been in the past. It's been so long since I've played the some of the older games, so I had completely forgotten about a few of these!

I'd like to add two more suggestions, because these are features I really liked and I think they'd be great to have in a future game: The Pokémon Dream Radar, and the Pokéwalker.

We'll have a poll up for these later today, here's what we have so far:

• PSS
    Here's a few others that were mentioned, but these have all appeared in more than one of the most recent Pokémon games and haven't been removed, so it's safe to assume that these will be regular features (unless you guys think they might not be, then let us know!)

• PSS

Is PSS meant to be in the top list or the bottom list? Aside from that, I wouldn't mind ALL of those things being in a game. I think the game would have to be massive to accommodate all of those features though.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Is PSS meant to be in the top list or the bottom list? Aside from that, I wouldn't mind ALL of those things being in a game. I think the game would have to be massive to accommodate all of those features though.

Bottom list, thanks for catching that haha

So the poll is up, everyone! It's multiple choice so go ahead and vote on which ones you want to see. The top 10 will be the ones that go into our 7th gen game ^^

If you want, feel free to discuss the options and the reasons for your choices here in the thread while the poll is open :)

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
    Years
  • -Tournament where you can challenge the E4 from 6 Regions(Just like PWT)
    -Two Champions(Dual Battle)or Trio Champion(Triple Battles)
    -Lesser Legendaries please
    -Longer Storyline
    -New Pokemon Type
    -Friend Safari(Improved)

I still have many and most of them are said here

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I'm gonna group these into 4 categories. Italics are the ones I voted for.

Obligatory - GF has officially screwed up if these don't return
    - Following Pokemon (I've wanted this back since HGSS)
    - Battle Frontier (If it ain't broke...)
    - Contests (...don't fix it. And I want ORAS Contests. Not crappy Sinnoh ones)
    - Trainer Customization (I WANT MY TRENCH COAT DRESS)
    - Challenge/Easy Mode (And make challenge mode harder without increasing the level curve)
    - Gym Leader Rematches (Uhhh, WHY WAS THIS EVER REMOVED?)
    - Pokeball Customization (Because I must have hearts erupting from my Sharpedo's Pokeball)

- The Poketetch Coin Flip App (Because... I dunno)

Would be Nice - I really want these back, but I'd still play your game without them
    - Poketathalon (Was the best feature in HGSS)
    - Pokewalker (Second best feature in HGSS)
    - 2 Regions (Are you seeing a pattern here?)
    - Pokegear/Xtranceiver/Holo Caster (except improve them pls)
    - Soaring (I despise having to carry a Flying type around)
    - Game Corner (screw the gambling federation's rules, gimme my roulette table)
    - PWT (See Battle Frontier and Gym Leader Rematches)
    - PSS/Super Training/Amie/Dexnav (I'm grouping these together here)

Completely Neutral - The meh features. Enjoyable as long as they don't replace any of the above
    - Musicals/Studios/PR Vids (All of these are the same thing)
    - Dream Radar (Make it free though)
    - Secret Bases (Ohhhh, much secret...)
    - Friend Safari (Make it less clunky too)
    - Apricorns (Obligatory if the Poketathalon returns)
    - The Underground (If we turn it into an MMO)
    - The Poketetch Friendship Checker (ok, maybe 2)

Please No GF - Why did these exist in the first place?
    - The rest of the Poketetch (clunky)
    - Berry Pots (I WANT MY DAMN HOENN/SINNOH BERRY MECHANICS. HOW HARD IS THAT?)
    - Seasons (I like Ice Types, and would prefer to be able to catch them more than 3 months a year)
    - The Day/Night Cycle (Well, it was fine until you started basing encounters on it. Kinda like Seasons.)

And I think that's all of them.

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I voted for almost all of them, except the following:

Pikachu Surf Game: Unless they can make it in a way that is pretty fun or make it in an EV training minigame, no thanks.
    2 Regions: A big region with great exploration is better than 2 regions with one decent one and one just being a big city with nothing special in particular. Unless they can make it in a way where visiting 2 regions are required for story, nope.
    Unova Key Link System: No. What's the point of this?
    The Underground: If I have to use it just to get a Pokemon with Internet connection required, nope.
    Pokémon Dream Radar: Don't know what is it though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've voted for them all, other than Underground. The feature seemed to have been sort of unpopular in generation four, and I don't believe it'll be any more popular this time around, considering how much more things we have these days to spend our time with; there wouldn't be much reason to have it around.

Mecha-Scrafty

Gastrodon shall rule us all.
    Years
  • But...But... Why does everyone hates the berry pots???
    I thinks its much easier than going all over the region, you just have to open your, your bagpack... and put a berry.. and water it..

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • But...But... Why does everyone hates the berry pots???
    I thinks its much easier than going all over the region, you just have to open your, your bagpack... and put a berry.. and water it..

I sorta agree, but there were just too few of them (iirc, the game only came with 4 pots total?) I'm not a big fan of the way the berry planting locations are scattered about the region, such as in Hoenn, but I think Berry Fields in X&Y was the ideal solution: one spot where you can plant all the berries you'll ever need. I'd be cool with Berry Pots making their return in Gen 7 as long as we got a bunch of them. Like, at least 10 or so :P

Years
  • I would love for gen 7 to have the customization of gen 6, a Pokemon that can follow you, battle frontier, pwt, rematch gym leaders, 2 regions, dexnav, friend safari.

I would also love to seem more destructive move, also rework sturdy a bit where it will still proc as long as you have 75-95% of your health (gives it more use) but make so that under that threshold ohko moves can still work. I just wish GF would make ohko moves more skillful. Its accuracy is okay, hell cut the pp down, i just love destructive moves but alot of people hate them :(

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Wow, no love for the Pikachu surf game! I didn't vote for it either. Maybe if a Pikachu knows surf, it gets its own overworld model (like Sharpedo). That could be a neat alternative.

Years
  • Good call on Dream Radar and Pokewalker, I'd forgotten about them, even though I've been playing Dream Radar quite a lot recently, both are great companions to the games and I'd love to see them used again!

So many great features, are you sure we can't have 'em all? ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I didn't know what a few of the options were meaning but the main things I voted for where features that would keep the player involved after they have beaten the main storyline. I believe that features such as Wonder Trade and customization are a big part which help people. I honestly would like to see more Animal Crossing-like features to be added to Pokemon like the ability for trainers to maybe be able to get a house or training facility for their Pokemon and train in there. Then people could buy content for that, I feel like that could be a good idea.

I also love the idea of a game having more than one region. Maybe Gamefreak could add a feature with other palyers to make regions in-game even though that could get redundant. Also, adding a Battle Frontier is always a good choice as well because that gives us more leaders to fight after beating the E4.

Back