• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Freak HQ - Building Generation 7

What shall our 7th gen game be called?

• Pokémon Charm and Pokémon Curse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokémon Minus and Pokémon Plus

• Pokémon Minor and Pokémon Major

• Pokémon Yin and Pokémon Yang

• Pokémon Fire and Pokémon Ice

• Pokémon Land and Pokémon Sea

• Pokéon Hope and Pokémon Despair

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pokémon Acid and Pokémon Neutral

• Pokémon Slice and Pokémon Dice

• Pokémon Shrine and Pokémon Altar

• Pokémon Direct and Pokémon Indirect

• Pokémon Dry Ice and Pokémon Liquid Metal

• Pokémon Conch and Pokémon Clam

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I also love the idea of a game having more than one region. Maybe Gamefreak could add a feature with other palyers to make regions in-game even though that could get redundant. Also, adding a Battle Frontier is always a good choice as well because that gives us more leaders to fight after beating the E4.

Minecraft in Pokémon? I know I'm sold!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Alright everyone, now that the poll has closed, we've counted up the votes. Here are the features that the community has chosen to make their return in our 7th gen game!

Trainer Customization
    Following Pokémon
    2 Regions
    DexNav
    Battle Frontier
    Soaring
    Secret Bases
    Gym Leader Rematches
    Pokéball Customization
    Contests

I don't know about you guys, but I'd say this looks like it's shaping up to be an awesome game already! But it doesn't stop there :D Here's the next part of our event:

What brand new features would we like to see introduced in 7th gen?

With a new generation comes new features to help us enjoy our Pokémon adventure. Seventh gen will surely be no exception. Let us know your ideas for new, never before seen features that you'd like to see introduced in our 7th gen game!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023

What brand new features would we like to see for the first time in 7th gen?

• Hidden Power Fairy.
    • Branching storyline.
    • Disabling Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion.
    • More than one villainous team.
    • Ability to control the camera angle in the overworld.
    • Replace HMs with items (leave Surf, Waterfall and Dive as is).
    • Riding one of your rideable PKMN in your party.
    • House Feature (kinda like a Secret Base, but houses instead!).
    • In-game Screenshot (PKMN Rumble World has this, so why not the main PKMN series game?).

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • What brand new features would we like to see introduced in 7th gen?

I like these one suggested
    • Hidden Power Fairy.
    • More than one villainous team.
    • Ability to control the camera angle in the overworld.
    • Replace HMs with items (leave Surf, Waterfall and Dive as is).

And I would like to include:
    • Pokémon Events give us sidequests (with a good story) to catch/receive Pokémon, instead of just giving them.
    • Underwater Secret Bases

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Sopheria, I'd like to see soaring expanded so that more flying Pokemon are able to be soared on. I'd live to soar on some cute Pokemon such as Lugia, Giratina, and Reshiram. How about soaring on an Aerodactyl? What about Flygon or Salamence?

I also want to see a lot more "episodes", akin to the Delta Episode. The Delta Episode was great and I think a lot more of those will add a lot of value to the game. I guess, these could be sidequests, but they can add a lot to the post-game festivities.

Someone mentioned the ability to ride Pokemon, like Gogoat? I like that. Do that.

I think doubling the amount of PC boxes might be fun too.

How about co-op? Via the internet, or local WiFi, bring another player into your game. It'd be kind of like the Union Room but you and a friend (or more) can explore the area you're currently in with you. They, of course, can't go beyond that, but still.

Time Machine. With Gen 1 being rereleased, I'd like to see some sort of interaction between those games, and current gens. The ability to send Pokemon from Gen 1 to Gen 7 would be interesting. They'd need to work out how to convert/assert a lot of the changes in data though. Good luck GameFreak.

I need to think of more ideas later.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Kalos Route 12 was my favorite route in XY. Why? BECAUSE SKIDDO WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    aka make Pokemon rideable
    Let's see... Pokemon have competed in Beauty Contests, Sports, Musicals, Movies, Vines (PR Videos)... I can't come up with any new ones :(. Unless we suddenly had a Pokemon cooking competition, I dunno.

and yea, basically everything Otama said.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Great suggestions so far! I'm especially loving the branching storyline and camera controls ideas that destinedjagold came up with. More episodic installments like the Delta Episode would be nice too, maybe have a few different extra postgame quests that you can do after you've completed the main game. I'd love to see the time machine return too! Although sometime I noticed a while ago was that if 7th gen is compatible with the Pokémon Bank, Pokemon will actually be able to travel backwards from 7th gen to 6th gen.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • Although sometime I noticed a while ago was that if 7th gen is compatible with the Pokémon Bank, Pokemon will actually be able to travel backwards from 7th gen to 6th gen.
    If you have new Moves/Abilities you can't transfer them like they did many times in the past, or you just can't transfer any xD

Last edited:

Mecha-Scrafty

Gastrodon shall rule us all.
    Years
  • I dont like having a pokemon as Hm slave... you know what would be really cool?? If certain pokemon had that ability in them, not having to give up a move for them. And instead of getting "the right" to use them by the gym leaders they just teached you how to use that abilty. Like, pidgey know how to fly, pikachu knows how to make a flash of light... That kinda things... Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Thats something new i would like to see.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would love for Rhyhorn Racing to be a thing, like the Contests or Pokeathlon, and if you could raise and train and care for a Rhyhorn specifically for racing that would be extra cool.

I would also like to see aspects of the Pokemon Showcases from the anime incorporated into the original contest and the musical to make one big mega contest!

And perhaps a mini game type thing for breeding, like Amie for friendship and Super Training for EVs, there could be something like that as an optional alternative to cycling round in circles to hatch an egg?

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    I really like Double, Triple, and Rotation battles in B/W. I would like to have more of those in a Battle Tower type thing. How about a job system post game? Instead of being a Pokemon Champion make me a tower tycoon/equivalent.

Extend player customization and allow player to change race/gender mid game as well as clothing, and choose whether or not to wear a hat.

In HG/SS I enjoyed wearing the rocket uniform.
    More pokemon selfies please!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Oops, didn't realize part one of the event was over... am I still allowed to participate?

Alternative to HMs, such as, you know, soaring, and actual surfing, surfing. New items, etc, that take place of Surfing.

A portable PC. So, you can switch Pokemon WHEREVER, no need to go to a Pokemon Center anymore.

Ability to choose how to play the game, play it your way.

New ways to battle, maybe? How about Randomizer Battle which completely randomizes your Pokemon team?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    I really like day and night, but a con to that is for people who may not have the time to play at night and can only play 10 am to 2 pm what can they do to catch the "night only" pokemon?
    Seasons were kind of cool, but like the one person who likes ice pokemon shouldn't have to wait 3 months until catching his Cryogelic. (5th gen pokemon)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Hey guys! I'm a few days late updating this, but I'll have the poll up tomorrow so people can all vote on your ideas :) Here's what we've got so far (let me know if there's anything I missed. I narrowed it down to brand new features, but if there's anything I didn't include that you think should go in the list, let me know!)

• soar on more Pokémon
    • more episodes
    • more Pokémon to ride on
    • more PC boxes
    • overworld multiplayer co-op
    • Surf/Fly/etc. without HMs
    • rhyhorn racing
    • mega contests (Contest + Showcase + Musical combined)
    • Breeding/Egg Hatching mini-game
    • extended player customization
    • items taking the place of HM moves
    • portable PC
    • brand new battle formats

Ability to choose how to play the game, play it your way.

Any specifics? Like choose what region you play in? Thinking of having it be an open-world Skyrim-esque game? :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Nah, choosing where you can start the game, like what other people staying branching story paths, was it?

Ah, yes I get what you mean! So basically more freedom in terms of the choices the main character can make that affect the story. I would love that in a Pokémon game! Even if it were just a little, it'd be a huge step forward if it were introduced in 7th gen :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    If it's a Johto or Kanto game I want both regions available with Sevii/Orange islands. Ho-oh, Lugia, and Mewtwo as the 3 legendary pokemon. No megas until the game is over. A good post game involving the Lugia you caught. If Unova I want there to be better organized the cities. I didn't like going in circles.

or if it's Kalos let me hop the train to a new region.

Years
  • 1. Battle frontier (including some frontier brain of kalos region).

2.Gym rematch with new starter.

3.Competition like bug catching, fish catching ( in which rarely you may get mega stones of bug and water pokemon).

4. No 2 region is bad sugestion but there are 16 gyms in syngle region. First 8 for starting and next 8 after you beat elit four with a starter that can mega evolve.

5. Pokeradar,Underground battle,climbing a tower in you have to battle 10 trainers then you reache to legendary pokemon

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • If it's a Johto or Kanto game I want both regions available with Sevii/Orange islands. Ho-oh, Lugia, and Mewtwo as the 3 legendary pokemon. No megas until the game is over. A good post game involving the Lugia you caught. If Unova I want there to be better organized the cities. I didn't like going in circles.

or if it's Kalos let me hop the train to a new region.

Every new Generations brings up a new region with more species to catch, including new Legendary Pokémon, usually with a storyline targetted to them. Although your ideas are great, it's not suitable for a new generation, although we could adapt a post game Lugia/Hooh storyline, like Delta Episode in ORAS. Mewtwo already appears in Gen 1, 2 (in HGSS), and in 6 which is recent (You can use Pokémon Bank to get it :P).

Back