• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Legendary is NOT worthy of its Legendary status?

BladeMaster51

Squirtle Squad aint got nothing on my crew
Years
  • Yeah, I always found the Three Musketeers thing weird, but I liked it for some reason. Probably because of Keldeo. :)

I still don't understand the whole Meloetta thing. I feel like they should have given Chimecho another evolution instead. That would have been way better.

I wasn't saying Mew isn't a legendary. Just that by going through what you were saying, it sounded like Mew probably wouldn't fit the criteria.
    Idk i find mew more well rounded than the other small legendaries because the variety of moves. You can train it or physical or special. Then with the ability to learn all tm's it coukd even be a stall or a tank. I live mew to behonest because its history and such plus its well rounded. Though i still wont use legendaries

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Idk i find mew more well rounded than the other small legendaries because the variety of moves. You can train it or physical or special. Then with the ability to learn all tm's it coukd even be a stall or a tank. I live mew to behonest because its history and such plus its well rounded. Though i still wont use legendaries

Yeah, legendaries are too op. lol. I only use my game specific legendary because I would probably get my butt kicked without it. lol.

I just wish you could obtain Mew without an event.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'd rather go with the literal meaning of legendary. Like, Mewtwo might be on par with all the legendaries, but it was clearly created by humankind, so it doesn't seem that legendary to me. Deoxys is another one of those, although I'm still not completely sure where its origins are. Genesect is basically a random fossil Pokemon with some added features and Meloetta's design is too modern for a legendary, imo.

BladeMaster51

Squirtle Squad aint got nothing on my crew
    Years
  • Yeah, legendaries are too op. lol. I only use my game specific legendary because I would probably get my butt kicked without it. lol.

I just wish you could obtain Mew without an event.
    I have never played gen 6 but even in white 1 i didnt use my zekrom because if you take the time to train you dont need it. I literally went and trained till i thought i would be like 10 levels over the next gym

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I'd rather go with the literal meaning of legendary. Like, Mewtwo might be on par with all the legendaries, but it was clearly created by humankind, so it doesn't seem that legendary to me. Deoxys is another one of those, although I'm still not completely sure where its origins are. Genesect is basically a random fossil Pokemon with some added features and Meloetta's design is too modern for a legendary, imo.
    I dunno.. urban legends of a superpowered entity created by mad science escaping from an evil organization and being so strong it's hidden away even by the Elite Four counts, doesn't it? He's freaking Mewtwo. He's so strong he could solo your party in Pokemon Stadium. He even burned down the Pokemon Mansion. There's an apocalyptic log all about him written by the people who made him. If that's not legendary, what is?

Concerning Deoxys though, it might be because he's from space and associated with meteors. I'm assuming he's a legendary being because someone saw him crash land from a meteor, and given how aliens are in a catagory all their own concerning urban legends it may be why he's counted as legendary. Genesect and Meloetta aren't really that developed as legendaries. Genesect is a bug type ripoff of Mewtwo with less development and story attached to him, and Meloetta is... well... a vocaloid. Why is a vocaloid legendary? Sure she's pretty but...

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Actually in some way maybe Lugia, if you go by the anime. I mean Lugia is shown having a baby (Silver, as that kid Oliver calls it), in those Season 5 Episodes (The Mystery is History, A Parent Trapped, A Promise Is A Promise) which means it can breed. But Legendaries cannot breed (except the pseudo Legendary Phione), so maybe it shouldn't be Legendary.

Pika Pika :chu:

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Actually in some way maybe Lugia, if you go by the anime. I mean Lugia is shown having a baby (Silver, as that kid Oliver calls it), in those Season 5 Episodes (The Mystery is History, A Parent Trapped, A Promise Is A Promise) which means it can breed. But Legendaries cannot breed (except the pseudo Legendary Phione), so maybe it shouldn't be Legendary.

Id personally never take the games 'cant breed' or genderless into account as if pokemon were real some legendaries would be able to breed and definitely have a gender. These are just game mechanics to stop breeding in my opinion and keep legendaries separated from normal mons in game. Latias and Latios are clearly male and female.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    ... Like Meloetta. She's a Vocaloid Pokemon who can turn into a break dancer... yay? Why's she an event legendary again? ...
    This comment made my day. I agree that Meloetta isn't that much of a Legend because she doesn't have a backstory or anything.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Manaphany/Phione - Phione was breed from parental Ditto & Manaphany after that you can't possible evolve it and it yet worse with a -20 less stats on it's overal stats compare to Manaphany and Mew it shun upon due to have 480 base stats than Manaphany/Mew and it shouldn't be legendary if base stats isn't appealing than it's looks

mew_nani

Years
  • Is yellow the same glitch as Red and Blue?
    Never heard of it in Gold, Silver, Emerald.
    Can you PM how its done?
    There's several actually. The Mew Glitch still works, but there's also the Cooltrainer Glitch (and its extension which relies on nicknames) and wsm arbitrary code execution, though that last one's more complicated. And with Gold, Silver and Emerald... I'll have to explain it to you. It's a bit complicated.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Regi's - No face = not worth of being pokemon, let alone being a legendary pokemon.

This makes me sad since I like the Regis and think they're cool :<

...But you do have a point, nonetheless. The Regis are kind of "there" in a way. I always thought that they were guardians created by Regigigas for some deeper purpose, but I'm not sure what that purpose is supposed to be. ._.

Actually I agree & disagree a bit with both. I mean I don't have a problem with the Regis as such, but yeah whether they should be Legendary or not, is debatable.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    ah yes, a topic where i can spread my undying hatred

Basically all the extra legends the fourth gen really started hammering down our throats. For example the lunar duo and heatran, why were those thrown in? Shaymin, Manaphy, and Phione* also come to mind. For others not in gen four: Kami Trio, Meloetta, and Genesect.

There's been so many side legendaries that they don't seem that special anymore

mew_nani

Years
  • ah yes, a topic where i can spread my undying hatred

Basically all the extra legends the fourth gen really started hammering down our throats. For example the lunar duo and heatran, why were those thrown in? Shaymin, Manaphy, and Phione* also come to mind. For others not in gen four: Kami Trio, Meloetta, and Genesect.

There's been so many side legendaries that they don't seem that special anymore
    Wait what? A dark wraith that spreads unending nightmares shouldn't be legendary? A Pokemon that makes a barren wasteland burst into eternal bloom can't be legendary? A Pokemon who's rarely seen and banishes the powers of darkness doesn't count? What about an eldritch abomination that sits on top of the world you can summon via flute?

I get you don't like the event legendaries much in Gen IV, and Heatran I guess is borderline because aside from it guarding a rock in a volcano it's just kinda there, but you can't just discount a Pokemon from being legendary just because you don't like it. If it does something or has a quality that inspires some kind of folklore then it should be legendary; Darkrai causes unending nightmares for everyone within close proximity, so it qualifies as legendary. Shaymin can transform a barren wasteland into a fertile valley through gratitude; it qualifies also. There were a ton of legendary Pokemon introduced in Gen IV and Gen V, but unless they don't have any lore attached (Meloetta) or are just kinda there with no explanation on why they're legendary (Genesect) then they should remain legendary. The Kami trio causes severe weather wherever they appear, and even feuded for a bit before their brother showed up and got them to calm down, so you can't really say they they aren't legendary in their own right. That's what a legendary being is; it's either extremely notable itself or does something notable and rare and that quality causes people to spread stories and legends about it. Manaphy has the power to bond with any Pokemon and is extremely rare to begin with, and that alone is enough to make it legendary, though its offspring Phione is sorta debatable. As for the sheer amount of legendary Pokemon, well the event Pokemon aren't really justifiable at all but there are tons and tons of legendary creatures in the real world, and a lot of legendary Pokemon like the Kami Trio, Ho-Oh and others are based on those real life myths. There's so many cryptids and mythical creatures out there it's bonkers.

As for Diancie, I think it deserves the title. It is the queen of the carbink after all, and it's not only awe-inspiringly beautiful but is made of and creates diamonds, which could make anybody who has one rich beyond their wildest dreams assuming the diamonds don't just vanish after they're summoned.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Wait what? A dark wraith that spreads unending nightmares shouldn't be legendary? A Pokemon that makes a barren wasteland burst into eternal bloom can't be legendary? A Pokemon who's rarely seen and banishes the powers of darkness doesn't count? What about an eldritch abomination that sits on top of the world you can summon via flute?

I get you don't like the event legendaries much in Gen IV, and Heatran I guess is borderline because aside from it guarding a rock in a volcano it's just kinda there, but you can't just discount a Pokemon from being legendary just because you don't like it. If it does something or has a quality that inspires some kind of folklore then it should be legendary; Darkrai causes unending nightmares for everyone within close proximity, so it qualifies as legendary. Shaymin can transform a barren wasteland into a fertile valley through gratitude; it qualifies also. There were a ton of legendary Pokemon introduced in Gen IV and Gen V, but unless they don't have any lore attached (Meloetta) or are just kinda there with no explanation on why they're legendary (Genesect) then they should remain legendary. The Kami trio causes severe weather wherever they appear, and even feuded for a bit before their brother showed up and got them to calm down, so you can't really say they they aren't legendary in their own right. That's what a legendary being is; it's either extremely notable itself or does something notable and rare and that quality causes people to spread stories and legends about it. Manaphy has the power to bond with any Pokemon and is extremely rare to begin with, and that alone is enough to make it legendary, though its offspring Phione is sorta debatable. As for the sheer amount of legendary Pokemon, well the event Pokemon aren't really justifiable at all but there are tons and tons of legendary creatures in the real world, and a lot of legendary Pokemon like the Kami Trio, Ho-Oh and others are based on those real life myths. There's so many cryptids and mythical creatures out there it's bonkers.

As for Diancie, I think it deserves the title. It is the queen of the carbink after all, and it's not only awe-inspiringly beautiful but is made of and creates diamonds, which could make anybody who has one rich beyond their wildest dreams assuming the diamonds don't just vanish after they're summoned.

the point im making is that there are so many legendaries thrown into a generation now that they've lost what made them so unique to me to begin with. yeah they have cool backstories and they can do some cool things, but imo they're just kind of there for the sake of being there. never said I disliked any of them, some are just meh... besides the kami trio and heatran, truly dislike those. if having some folklore is what justifies a legendary to you then that's fine, it just isn't enough for me.

also want to add the lunar duo was a perfect example of two really great concepts that should of been saved to be highlighted in a future game instead of a side story that can't be fully enjoyed unless you got the event

Back