• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passion Of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greed

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    XD I just call anyone dude. I once saw this Jesus movie, but everyone was hippies O_o;

The donkey scene was meant to tempt Judas to suicide, I believe. Or probably was because Satan was making Judas believe his soul was rotten, just like the donkey's body. Satan wants to make us do bad stuff so he can claim our souls, luckily, Jesus gave us the chance to be forgiven.

Tempest

I really want to go and see this film when it's out in the UK. My mum won't see it because of the reviews and I don't think any of my mates will except for one because they all think it's just fiction, and to be 100% honest I'm not too sure what I believe at the moment either, because I've been Pagan for the last year and I've recently become very interested in Christianity and started reading the new testament last Wednesday, I also had a very strange dream about speaking in tongues but I didn't know what that was till Friday when I asked my Religious Studies teacher. I think that seeing the film will be a really good experience though.

Michelle x

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • What I'm about to say doesn't really relate too much to the movie. I always go off topic, lol. There's a statue inside of a Catholic church in Medford, Massachusetts, a town near where I live, of Mary crying. This had never happened before up until maybe close to 3 or 4 days ago...I think when the Christ movie came to theaters. There's been talk on the news and radio about how she's probably crying because the movie The Passion of Christ depicts the true story of how Jesus was killed. The woman that painted the statue of Mary with her daughter went on a local radio station to talk about it and she commented about how the Catholic religion is based on signs. She's right and the statue is going to be investigated further to see if there was any moisture built up inside of it to cause the "tears" trickling down Mary's face. If there's no scientific explanation for it...then it just has to have a religious, spiritual meaning behind it.

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
    Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    i would never see that in my life, not because it is gory but because it makes the jews look like a bunch of wild animals who have no care for anyone. in fact, did you know that jesus was jewish, and ontop of that the jews never killed jesus anyway

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
  • latios tamer said:
    i would never see that in my life, not because it is gory but because it makes the jews look like a bunch of wild animals who have no care for anyone. in fact, did you know that jesus was jewish, and ontop of that the jews never killed jesus anyway
    To me it seemed as though the movie quite evenly balanced the Romans and the Jews brutality. I'm sure Mel Gibson tried his best not to start a religous war so he made sure not to make either side too careless...or that's how it looked to me at least>,<

sdp

raver
    Years
  • This movie is nothing but shock value to get people talking about it.
    It was ok, too bad they did it all for the shock.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Umm, I dun think Gibson did it just for Shock value there buddy...it has a deeper meaning...cause nowadays peopel are like...

"He was beat up, died on the cross blah blah blah..."

And no one takes into account that he actually went through all that and probably worse...I knwo that movie is gonna kill at the oscars..

that's how it's BOO ya!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Latios Tamer said:

I don't think Gibson did the movie to get back at Jews. If he did, he'd be offending Jesus too *since he's Jewish*

So many other movies came out for that, and some were a lot worse. One movie was about Jesus being a womanizer >__<;; The other one of him being a homosexual. I have nothing against homosexuality *hey, you all know me* but God made a man and a woman to fit together, I doubt Jesus would disobey his father's rules. ^^;

stp said:
    This movie is nothing but shock value to get people talking about it.
    It was ok, too bad they did it all for the shock.

No it wasn't. It was to get people thinking. Especially sinners, to let them know that a brave man suffered so that his father would forgive us. I doubt Mr. Gibson did that, this is his first directed movie, I would say that if his career was going down as a director. Then that'd probably be a reason. But for shock? No. Thinking? Making you feel bad for your sins? Yes.

I find it hard to believe when people say, "its just a movie/shock" I mean, does anyone think its just a movie when a man gets beaten to death for us? I don't think so =/

BTW: Yes, I spelled the title wrong, sorry dudes ^_^;;

*explodes*

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
  • I saw this movie on Saturday with Teara and another one of my friends. I cried through so much of it, Of course Teara's eyes waterd and my other friend cried a little but it was very little compared to me. It was so sad, I always knew that happend but I have never actually pictured it. It really puts life into perspective, I think so anyways...I really hope I didn't offend anyone, if I did so please tell me and I'll delete this right away.

sdp

raver
    Years
  • Hate to break it to you but millions of people were tortured like that or worse during the Roman Empire.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Technically, only a small fraction of those abused by the roman empire were crucified, and at that, this is Jesus we're talking about...believer or non-believer, it's still a disturbing thought to imagine the Son of God being mocked, tortured, and executed by the people who he cared for so incredibly much.

I really, really want to see The Passion of The Christ. It's coming to the local theater soon so I'm excited that I might be able to go. The people who claim that this film is antisemetic are just looking to pick a fight with the faithful. The Jews didn't kill Jesus, the Romans didn't kill Jesus. It was all of mankind who is responsible for his death, not one individual faction. I wish people would just realize that this is a movie that is trying to give a realistic portrayal of the final hours of Christ before the crucifixion...I'm glad that people aren't desensitized to this type of violence...it shows that people still have a heart and the ability to feel Christ's pain and the overwhelming guilt knowing that mankind did this to him. This movie is about his pain, his devotion to mankind, his Passion, as the title of the movie states. I recommend it to everyone although I haven't watched it yet. It's the one film out that can change lives for the better. I can't wait to experience this film...it's going to be awe-inspiring to say the least.

sdp

raver
    Years
  • Chairman Kaga said:
    Technically, only a small fraction of those abused by the roman empire were crucified, and at that, this is Jesus we're talking about...believer or non-believer, it's still a disturbing thought to imagine the Son of God being mocked, tortured, and executed by the people who he cared for so incredibly much.

I really, really want to see The Passion of The Christ. It's coming to the local theater soon so I'm excited that I might be able to go. The people who claim that this film is antisemetic are just looking to pick a fight with the faithful. The Jews didn't kill Jesus, the Romans didn't kill Jesus. It was all of mankind who is responsible for his death, not one individual faction. I wish people would just realize that this is a movie that is trying to give a realistic portrayal of the final hours of Christ before the crucifixion...I'm glad that people aren't desensitized to this type of violence...it shows that people still have a heart and the ability to feel Christ's pain and the overwhelming guilt knowing that mankind did this to him. This movie is about his pain, his devotion to mankind, his Passion, as the title of the movie states. I recommend it to everyone although I haven't watched it yet. It's the one film out that can change lives for the better. I can't wait to experience this film...it's going to be awe-inspiring to say the least.
    It is a good movie.
    Realistic?
    not very, they over do the torture, the cgi and devil scenes most defenately not realistic. and the biggest mistake, Jesus is played by a white man.

btw you contradict yourself when you talk about even if you are a non-beleiver you have to realize he died for us?(wtf?) if you are a non-beleiver you don't.

And actually the crucifiction was very popular at that time.

And if you haven't seen the movie, i highly recommend you to not see it unless you have a strong stomach. I know a lot of people that got sick watching it. just a little tip.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Yeah. Many people thought there was too much violence in it that even the adults were having trouble with their stomach at times. So it's something to take into consideration.

Years
  • Shining Arcanine said:
    By the way, regarding my previous post, Michael the ArcAngel beat the evil angel whose name I'm not going to post.
    Lucifer. Yeah, he wanted to be God himself. Satan, he is now called. Why not, though?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 27, 2009
    Hm, yeah. I actually felt quite nauseous through certain parts, and normally I can handle nearly everything. It was emotionally draining overall. However, it left quite an impression on me despite the fact that I'm not religious.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • My mom's been throught doctor school and she brought her crap home with her, so I have a very strong stomach.

It wasn't the pain that was the burden on jesus, it was more the burden of every sin he had to bear...And none of us really know what jesus looked like SDP. He could have been white or black or tan or bald, it doesn't really matter...

yeah drop the BOO ya!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I'm most certainly not contradicting myself, but then again, all sentences ever written have been open to interpretation...to quote the sentence in question:

"...believer or non-believer, it's still a disturbing thought to imagine the Son of God being mocked, tortured, and executed by the people who he cared for so incredibly much."

I meant to say that it can still be a powerful story to those who don't believe in God. If something had to be true to be a powerful story than no movie out there would ever affect people.

And I must say that I don't think that the violence could be overdone...people just aren't used to seeing such realistic violence. I was horrified when I first saw Gangs of New York because the violence was the most realistic I'd ever seen.

And you're right, Jesus couldn't have been white. He was likely rather dark-skinned like most people in that part of the Roman Empire 2000 years ago.

I still hope to see the movie...I'm not sure when it's coming to the theater. If anything I'll bet it's a cinematic masterpiece. No matter how much I think I'd be prepared for the gore I know I could never be...a lot of the things in that movie are likely too horrifying to watch. It's not gore for the sake of gore, though. I know that at least.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    silverfrost said:
    Hm, yeah. I actually felt quite nauseous through certain parts, and normally I can handle nearly everything. It was emotionally draining overall. However, it left quite an impression on me despite the fact that I'm not religious.

I'm not so religious myself, and I got very impressed by it too =D

Dakota said:
    ...And none of us really know what jesus looked like SDP. He could have been white or black or tan or bald, it doesn't really matter...

Hmmm.. You're right, the race doesn't matter.. Besides, it doesn't say on the Bible what his race was. Maybe it was meant to prevent people of certain races to believe they were superior.

Chairman Kaga said:
    "...believer or non-believer, it's still a disturbing thought to imagine the Son of God being mocked, tortured, and executed by the people who he cared for so incredibly much."

I meant to say that it can still be a powerful story to those who don't believe in God. If something had to be true to be a powerful story than no movie out there would ever affect people.

True, true. Makes them feel sorry for the sorry things they've done. And maybe even question their own sins.

I just heard on the radio, that Mel Gibson invested 30,000,0000 dollars on the movie. The movie alone got 90,000,000 dollars. Phew! I guess that hard work really paid off O_O;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back