• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passion Of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
Years
  • Kenny_C.002 said:
    Yeah. Many people thought there was too much violence in it that even the adults were having trouble with their stomach at times. So it's something to take into consideration.
    I never seem to have problems with my stomache at movies, no matter how gory...although I did have to look away when they nailed Jesus to the cross, that wouldn't have made me sick, it just would have scard me for life :cross-eye My mom refuses to go see it untill it comes out on video so she can leave the room if it gets too gory-_- Like I said before, it's not so much the gore, but the thought of his pain;.;

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Teara said:
    I never seem to have problems with my stomache at movies, no matter how gory...although I did have to look away when they nailed Jesus to the cross, that wouldn't have made me sick, it just would have scard me for life :cross-eye My mom refuses to go see it untill it comes out on video so she can leave the room if it gets too gory-_- Like I said before, it's not so much the gore, but the thought of his pain;.;
    Exactly, heck, I didn't pay attention to the blood. The pain he went through mattered.. What? Did yall think they just whipped him without hurting him so much and he just died? Heck no, they made him go through heck.

And The Enemy was always watcing hoping Jesus would give up, and not complete his porpuse. *by the enemy, I mean satan, I just don't like typing or saying his name..*

If anyone pays attention to the gore, then it'll appear like a movie. If you pay attention to the pain, then it'll be worth it.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 27, 2009
    CaRtOON said:
    Exactly, heck, I didn't pay attention to the blood. The pain he went through mattered.. What? Did yall think they just whipped him without hurting him so much and he just died? Heck no, they made him go through heck.

And The Enemy was always watcing hoping Jesus would give up, and not complete his porpuse. *by the enemy, I mean satan, I just don't like typing or saying his name..*

If anyone pays attention to the gore, then it'll appear like a movie. If you pay attention to the pain, then it'll be worth it.

Yes, I agree with that. It wasn't the gore that affected me, but the fact that he went through all that pain for what proclaiming himself as the son of god. It was one of those movies that I simply could not stop thinking about afterwards.

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
    Years
  • Who cares it is just a movie, I don't care. I don't like people who complain about the dumbest things. :laugh:

Teara

Years
  • PM2008 said:
    Who cares it is just a movie, I don't care. I don't like people who complain about the dumbest things. :laugh:
    Complaining? We arn't complaining. We're just dizzcuzing the movie, did you even go to zee it? If you did I find it hard to belive you're talking about it like that.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    PM2008 said:
    Who cares it is just a movie, I don't care. I don't like people who complain about the dumbest things. :laugh:
    Dude, its okay to say you didn't like it.. But please restrain from saying it was DUMB...some of us don't think its a DUMB movie, okay? By saying this, you may be insulting Jesus' sacrifice... If you don't have nothing nice to say, get out of here, got it? It touched a bunch of people, and like Teara said, I cannot believe you said that. *points to door* Out..

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 27, 2009
    PM2008 said:

Erm... No one was complaining. x_x; Plus, it's a very controversial subject so we all have the right to discuss it like so...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Oh yeah, and I was gonna mention.. Yes, we're discussing.. And like I said before.. DO NOT say it was a dumb movie, just say you dislike it. By saying that, you are asking for a fight. And you all PC members know I do not like fights cus I always seem to just fan the flames of war =/ So please, PM2008, do not ask for one. Just leave us alone, and go into your own little world. We don't want this thread closed because of you..

So, please no asking for flame wars. Let's just move on.

Teara

Years
  • CaRtOON said:
    Oh yeah, and I was gonna mention.. Yes, we're discussing.. And like I said before.. DO NOT say it was a dumb movie, just say you dislike it. By saying that, you are asking for a fight. And you all PC members know I do not like fights cus I always seem to just fan the flames of war =/ So please, PM2008, do not ask for one. Just leave us alone, and go into your own little world. We don't want this thread closed because of you..

So, please no asking for flame wars. Let's just move on.
    Couldn't have zaid it better myzelf!
    Mehehe, I'm juzt looking for reazonz to zhow off my new trade mark^_-
    But yeah, zaying zomething like that about a religiouz movie iz zorta azkin for a flame war>,<

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 27, 2009
    Teara said:
    Couldn't have zaid it better myzelf!
    Mehehe, I'm juzt looking for reazonz to zhow off my new trade mark^_-
    But yeah, zaying zomething like that about a religiouz movie iz zorta azkin for a flame war>,<

Yep. =/ Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there's no need to be so harsh.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Yeah, that's asking for a war. I mean, this offends people who really got touched by the movie. And it really meant something. So, if he comes here, he better be sorry =/

And like I said, I'm a flame war type of person. Whenever people tick me off, I fight, end of story =P

Anyways, I didn't knew the Lucifer thing existed..

Jinona

Queen of Irror
    Years
  • You guys that got to see it are lucky I go to a christian school and almost the entire school has seen it and said it was very very good but got pretty nasty at some points I so want to see it. the amazeing thing was about 6 or 7 of our schools biggest tough guys (ya know they never cry or anything)went to see The Passion and they all cried after seeing it. My mum won't let me see it cause it's rated R and it can get gory so I have to wait til her and my dad go see it and I endup getting a relay of the movie from them and hope they remember it all.

Teara

Years
  • Jinona said:
    You guys that got to see it are lucky I go to a christian school and almost the entire school has seen it and said it was very very good but got pretty nasty at some points I so want to see it. the amazeing thing was about 6 or 7 of our schools biggest tough guys (ya know they never cry or anything)went to see The Passion and they all cried after seeing it. My mum won't let me see it cause it's rated R and it can get gory so I have to wait til her and my dad go see it and I endup getting a relay of the movie from them and hope they remember it all.
    U can't zee it? That ztinkz! Maybe u zhould try zeeing it when your older. I think everyone zhould zee when the're ready^_-

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Jinona said:
    You guys that got to see it are lucky I go to a christian school and almost the entire school has seen it and said it was very very good but got pretty nasty at some points I so want to see it. the amazeing thing was about 6 or 7 of our schools biggest tough guys (ya know they never cry or anything)went to see The Passion and they all cried after seeing it. My mum won't let me see it cause it's rated R and it can get gory so I have to wait til her and my dad go see it and I endup getting a relay of the movie from them and hope they remember it all.
    Why not tell your parents that the gore is not meant to be payed attention to? Only the pain ^_^; Cus my mum told me "we're gonna go see it, so you can learn about His sacrifice and make you think about all the pain he went through" That's all she said. I went there, and cried so hard. I think I even yelped a little O_o;; Man, so THAT's why people stared at me o_O;

silverfrost said:
    Yep. =/ Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there's no need to be so harsh.

I agree, but there's no need for anyone to insult other opinions. Besides, opinion is not the truth, I don't know why so many people can't understand that =/

*drowns*

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2004
    CaRtOON said:

They Really Made Him Go Through Heck When He Died He Went To **** To Cast The Sins Of All The People There People Dont Know That Either I Agree With Cartoon

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Yes, the gore is not meant to be putted attention on. Some people say its a "movie", well, I think its a lesson, and a reminder. So many people are talking about it, at a girl in my class said she cried. ;-; Its a real touching movie =) Actually, the entire movie was beautiful, and the acting too. Let's not forget the realism in it. I really enjoyed it, I cannot see how some people can say its just a movie Oo;; I mean, even if you're not religious, it must have touched some, cus they used to do that.. Those poor dudes..

*dies*

Teara

Years
  • CaRtOON said:
    Yes, the gore is not meant to be putted attention on. Some people say its a "movie", well, I think its a lesson, and a reminder. So many people are talking about it, at a girl in my class said she cried. ;-; Its a real touching movie =) Actually, the entire movie was beautiful, and the acting too. Let's not forget the realism in it. I really enjoyed it, I cannot see how some people can say its just a movie Oo;; I mean, even if you're not religious, it must have touched some, cus they used to do that.. Those poor dudes..

*dies*
    Yup, I'm not a very religous perzon but I ztill know what happend zo the movie ment alot to me.
    I don't underztand why people got zo mad at Gibbson for. If he hadn't made the movie then zome one elze waz bound to eventually:\ Pluz, people need to know about theze thingz. There are zome people who don't think it'z necicary to know about it and would rather juzt go to theaterz, zo making a movie about it waz a good way to reach people like that...that made no zence huh?

BlastBurn

The Fire Expert
    Years
  • I have seen the movie and the although it was more gorier than most movies it was not as gory as I expected. Maybe thats because I was so ready for it that it didnt seem gory. It was gory though I just mean there are more gory movies like "The Mummy" were you see the mummy with everything but skin. The Passion of Chrsit is a good movie. I would recommend seeing it.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I think I heard Satan scream in the movie, since the God has won the war after the Son of Man went through all that spiritual and physical torture.

Anyway, I find it ..err... Why did those punishers do so much against Jesus? They didn't follow their orders. >=\ They should be punished themselves for that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back