• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passion Of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
Years
You can belive what you want but my friend thinks animals are made to serve humans. I don't really agree at all. That sounds like we are the most supeior and can kill animals whenever we want, not just for food but for sport. That is wrong to me. I don't like how people treat chickens for meat. They lock them in a cage that is smaller then they are and don't let them out. They give them lots of food and kill them. I think they should be nice and let them run around, let them live a good life, then kill them. That would be nicer to chickens, but still no eliminating eating them. Same with cows, except for the cages.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
We can't fight the meat industry..sure it's brutal but I try to not think about it.

And on the record, I don't think we're supposed to be cruel to animals...we should take advantage of what they can do for us, but in a responsible way.

I still don't think that one thinking that humans are the masters of animals is extremeism though...but this has next to nothing to do with the topic at hand, now doesn't it?

Pokedragonfire

Years
It has to do with christianity. I like cows and chickens and I don't want them to die!!! I think animals are equal as human. So what if they don't think the same way we do, they still have feelings. My dog has feelings. Chickens and cows have feelings. So do all the animals. It is not fair to be mean to animals just because we are smarter or bigger. We are like big bullies who the animals are slaves.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Ya but you have to think that as human we have to survive so we do have to kill it's something that we can not avoid. But the thing is that the killing must be kept in moderration and that pleasure may never come fromit.

Pokedragonfire

Years
No, actually we can all be vegitarians. We kill enough animals when we destroy their habitat. Why do we have to kill more? We build over where they were first, that is pretty mean and selfish. And why do we have to eat chickens? How about monkeys? Lizards? A crow? We can eat any animal, so why do we pick on chickens and cows?

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
Pokedragonfire said:
No, actually we can all be vegitarians. We kill enough animals when we destroy their habitat. Why do we have to kill more? We build over where they were first, that is pretty mean and selfish. And why do we have to eat chickens? How about monkeys? Lizards? A crow? We can eat any animal, so why do we pick on chickens and cows?
I think cruelty to animals is so unfair.. ;-; I mean, we humans, our lives are already messed up, there's no reason to mess up animal lives too. ;-;

Anyways, I heard Mel Gibson didn't like that people rated it R. And I agree, I mean the movie doesn't have $ex or anything..

*dies*

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Pokedragonfire said:
It has to do with christianity. I like cows and chickens and I don't want them to die!!! I think animals are equal as human. So what if they don't think the same way we do, they still have feelings. My dog has feelings. Chickens and cows have feelings. So do all the animals. It is not fair to be mean to animals just because we are smarter or bigger. We are like big bullies who the animals are slaves.

So you're saying Christianity = cruelty to animals? That's absurd! We have a world to feed here, and the poor starving children in Africa, for example, can't be picky about what they eat. If they can get their hands on a chicken or even a rat or a bird, it's going to give them life. As I said, I don't think it's right to pen up animals their whole lives, but it's a necessity. I doubt any of us builds or makes progress in the world with the intent of destroying animals...we're doing what we need to do, and that is the way of it. Animals are not our slaves, but we put them to good use. Sure I eat meat (and I have no regrets for doing so) but it's not like I go around kicking puppies and pulling the wings off of dragonflies.

This is a moot point. This has nothing to do with the motion picture we are supposed to be discussing in this topic, by the way. This is a tangent that's just going to erupt into a pointless debate over things two parties cannot agree on. I suggest we leave this where it is now and continue on the topic at hand.

Pokedragonfire

Years
Okay, okay. See what I mean about the offending? And no, I don't mean christianity=creulness to animals. I mean like, people kill the rain forest, people kill the desert with atomic bombs, people in GENRAL are crueal not just christians. And um sorry for sounding mean and sorry for being off topic.

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
I heard that somewhere in the Bible it said fishes were meant to be food for humans. @@; Didn't Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden have all the animals to eat? Oo;

*dies*

Pokedragonfire

Years
Fishes can be food 4 sharks and bears and dolphins and orca and herons and a million more animals. Why does it say specifically people? I never read any of the bible, unless it was some quote in my social studies book.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
More technically, we are stewards of the earth...in the Bible it says animals were provided to man...we are meant to coexist, but man does have some privileges over other creatures.

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
Chairman Kaga said:
More technically, we are stewards of the earth...in the Bible it says animals were provided to man...we are meant to coexist, but man does have some privileges over other creatures.

I have nothing against killing animals if they're hurting someone for no apparent reason.. O.O;; I just feel bad for them dying just to satisfy our needs, at least they'll go to heaven. ^^;

*Dies*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
cartoon, "Didn't Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden have all the animals to eat?" the bible says that some animals (eg. pigs and rabbits) are unclean and shouldn't be eaten (somewhere in genesis, i forget wear) but, it was a cool movie, and i love jesus! there should be a pokemon/bible combination club... maybe i should start it... 150 pokemon, 150 psalms... maybe it means something?! let's see... my favorite psalm is 34... that means... nidoking (in accordance with nationaldex) hmm... that's not so bad...

Last edited:

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
rsgh5 said:
cartoon, "Didn't Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden have all the animals to eat?" the bible says that some animals (eg. pigs and rabbits) are unclean and shouldn't be eaten (somewhere in genesis, i forget wear) but, it was a cool movie, and i love jesus! there should be a pokemon/bible combination club... maybe i should start it... 150 pokemon, 150 psalms... maybe it means something?! let's see... my favorite psalm is 34... that means... nidoking (in accordance with nationaldex) hmm... that's not so bad...
I heard in the Bible that drinking either human or animal blood is sin. =) At least animals are saved there ^^

I like your idea, if would attract so much people! ^.^

*dies*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
you mean the club? ya, i'm working on it... our logo's gonna be that little electric sheep dude. get it? huh huh? do ya?

Shelz4U

Banned
Years
CaRtOON said:
I heard in the Bible that drinking either human or animal blood is sin. =) At least animals are saved there ^^

I like your idea, if would attract so much people! ^.^

*dies*
People drink animal blood? O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back