• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Hi there, I'm looking to RP Pokemon with somebody, but I don't think I can get together enough people for an RP thread here, and I feel ifffy joining an existing thread because I'm nervous about joining big RP groups and prefer something simpler like a one on one, so I've come to the discussion thread to look for someone who'd mind Rping with me?

I wanted to do someone with Trainers, in particular I'm looking for someone interested in some either m/m or f/f Trainer romance if that's okay. both canon characters and OC trainers re fine with me, and I have a plot idea in mind I really wanna try that I'd be more than happy to share with someone who'd be interested. If you play canon characters, for m/m I'd love to find an Ash from the anime, or for the games any of the male main characters. for f/f I'm open to a lot there as well, and I can give you a complete list of the canon girl trainers I'm looking for if you're itnerested.

my skype name is granis25 and my e-mail is [email protected] if you wanna contact me outside the forums.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi there, I'm looking to RP Pokemon with somebody, but I don't think I can get together enough people for an RP thread here, and I feel ifffy joining an existing thread because I'm nervous about joining big RP groups and prefer something simpler like a one on one, so I've come to the discussion thread to look for someone who'd mind Rping with me?

I wanted to do someone with Trainers, in particular I'm looking for someone interested in some either m/m or f/f Trainer romance if that's okay. both canon characters and OC trainers re fine with me, and I have a plot idea in mind I really wanna try that I'd be more than happy to share with someone who'd be interested. If you play canon characters, for m/m I'd love to find an Ash from the anime, or for the games any of the male main characters. for f/f I'm open to a lot there as well, and I can give you a complete list of the canon girl trainers I'm looking for if you're itnerested.

I have inquired and I'm pretty sure one on one RPs aren't allowed (Rules of the RP Corner), so you will be wanting to post a "collaborative fic" in this section instead: Fan Fiction & Writing

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • Just a notice to all the RPs I'm in, I won't be around much for the next month. I plan to fly out to visit my sister for a month. Once I get to my sister's, I'll have plenty of time on the computer BUUUUUT I'm not allowed to go unless I finish my Physics first. I've still got a few chapters to go through and that, then three more tests, so I needa buck down and finish that before Thanksgiving. I'll still check in and make posts when I can, but only after I've finished getting at least a good portion of school done first for that day. And besides school, I'm doing odd jobs around the house and yard to earn the last bit of money I'll need for the plane ticket, since I'm a bit short, so that'll detract from RP time as well.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I am looking for someone to roleplay one on one with. As in the Roleplay will be co-authored and belong to us both. I can't do a group Roleplay. It's impossible for me to keep up with what's going on with that many people posting. Which is why I ask for just one person to Roleplay one on one with.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I am looking for someone to roleplay one on one with. As in the Roleplay will be co-authored and belong to us both. I can't do a group Roleplay. It's impossible for me to keep up with what's going on with that many people posting. Which is why I ask for just one person to Roleplay one on one with.
    I've never done a 1 one 1 RP before. I'm guessing it would be a bit like the joint posts we often make in regular group RPs, and I think I might find it fun.

However, I'm not much for RPing through chat or some type and go kind of place. I like the part of RPing that means writing a story together that we can save and display and reread. Once upon a time, 2 player RPs (private RPs) were allowed to be posted in the RPC, but not anymore.

Do you guys think there would there be any point in allowing 2 or 3 player RPs here, or does the argument "that's better done through PMing" weigh enough to keep the 4 player lower limit?

Years
  • Personally I'd rather not have two or three player only RPs displayed here for a few reasons.

1. This is a community, if we start doing private roleplays it kind of detracts from the community feel and encourages the creation of little exclusive groups.

2. Those RPs don't need to be posted here since only two people are taking part it'd be perfectly easy to keep track of in an etherpad or something. Whilst larger RPs really need this central hub to come back to.

3. Larger RPs will quite probably have a slower post rate. Perfectly active RPs will get pushed off out of the RPCs "active roleplays" by private RPs.

4. This is just a personal thing for me I guess, but I feel that such a small RP kind of defeats the purpose. I think RPs are a lot more interesting with a wide range of characters and writers.

I have nothing against people who want to RP one on one, I just think there are more appropriate mediums.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've seen some other sites maintain a 1x1 Roleplay forum, but I guess demand for such RPs isn't so high for PC to painfully lack their respective forum, nor is there any immediate need for the standard four people rule to be lowered. That being said, if you're willing to only let three people in your RP, why not make it four? Finding one more to make your RP fit the PC standards is easy. If you feel like you need to RP with as less people as possible for you to form a special bond with them, I'll tell you that you can manage that with four people too, or even with more than four. So, there you have it.

If you must 1x1, PMs or Etherpad are the way to go, like folks mentioned earlier

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • So guys... guess who's back?

tumblr_inline_n63fsxha5m1s8mb88.gif

I don't know how long my hiatus was but I'm here to finish some roleplays.

MEANING THAT I'M GOING TO DO SOME SHAMELESS ADVERTIZING HERE>>>

We are recruiting new players! Come check it out!
    (Click on picture to go to the OOC thread)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Isn't a one on one roleplay kind of writing a story together? I mean, if it can't be posted in this forum, why can't it be posted in the forum of Fan Fiction and Writing when it's finished?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Isn't a one on one roleplay kind of writing a story together? I mean, if it can't be posted in this forum, why can't it be posted in the forum of Fan Fiction and Writing when it's finished?
    I imagine 2 player RPing can be more casual, like in a chat, and therefore hard to save as a story that makes sense.

But yeah, of course it'd be okay to post a collaborative story in FF&W :)

Years
  • Since we're pretty dead in here lately I have a bit of a question for you all

In the One Piece RP, SV and Raikiri started a wiki allowing us to chronicle events and categorise information about characters, places etc. I later adopted this practice for my RP Fragmented.

So with this being said, what do you think about the use of wikis to store information relating to RPs? Is it worth the effort? Is it beneficial? Just share some of your thoughts.

Personally I think it's an excellent practice and I'd love to see it happening a bit more. It's a great way to keep track of things and store information and could be especially useful should there be a sequel to the RP.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @gimmepie speaking as a GM, I think it is beneficial, but only for those RPs that depend greatly on a massive setting. And in order for a setting to require a Wiki on its own, the world-building (but also the character-building) will have to be extremely elaborate, otherwise if players can just find all the info they need on the OOC or SUs, writing a Wiki seems a lot like excess work. I myself started a Crimson Dawn Wiki, when I was starting the RP up, but then I realized I was just copying descriptions from the OOC and rephrasing parts of it to put it up with little additional info, so I dropped the project altogether. I wasn't willing to create a more intricate setting than the one presented in the thread, either.

My next RP is in the works, and this time the setting will be intricate and complex enough to require a Wiki, though; I have SV and Raikiri to thank for all their work on the One Piece RP, which prompts me to create a Wiki of my own!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I doubt any RP I've made so far would benefit from having its info in an off-site wiki rather than in the threads themselves. Then again, I mostly make pokémon RPs or otherwise non-original RPs, it seems. So people usually know about the world already. I can understand how it might be nifty with an original setting and loads of details to keep track of.

On another topic: would you guys happen to have any splendid ideas for what kind of background images we could feature in the splash banners next? :) I picked the current ones, some sort of steampunk/fantasy adventurer flying on a white bird thingy. I thought it fit nicely with the atmosphere here :3 but change can be refreshing once in a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back