• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    I also think it's cool, but i might not be in there. Here it's still Winter.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
    I plan to make a Pokèmon roleplay using custom ones after I get used to roleplay. I'm still waiting for a good fantasy roleplay which I also might make. I think Agony sounds good for sci-fi. Looks like the SAO roleplay will have to do for now.

Years
    Looks cool ;);)

It's so strange that summer is coming for some now. Hopefully that means some will have more time for RPing! (The Australian RP season has begun?)

As far as I'm concerned it's always RP season ;)

As for an RP using fakemon, does that mean you want players creating their own or that you want them playing in a region that uses a fakemon dex of your design or someone else's?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Have any of you watched Hunter x Hunter? I feel like that would be such a great universe for a rp to be based on, especially maybe with the Hunter exam arc or the Chimera ant arc, or even the Greed Island arc.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
    As far as I'm concerned it's always RP season ;)

As for an RP using fakemon, does that mean you want players creating their own or that you want them playing in a region that uses a fakemon dex of your design or someone else's?

I plan to have a dark story, I'll have them be in a region I come up with, and it'll use any pokemon from this page.
    https://fakemon-creators.deviantart.com/

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Have any of you watched Hunter x Hunter? I feel like that would be such a great universe for a rp to be based on, especially maybe with the Hunter exam arc or the Chimera ant arc, or even the Greed Island arc.

The Greed Island arc might get a bit confusing with all the magic cards, but the other two could work well.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
    You know how there is an SAO roleplay? I wonder if anyone will make any ALO, GGO, or UW roleplay?

Also, what do the trash can and the other icons on threads in the roleplay list?

Last edited:
    Years
    Unopened File - You've never looked in there
    Open file - You have looked in there but not posted
    Open with an arrow - you've posted in there
    Closed with a padlock - the thread is locked

Trashcans - show deleted posts
    Pin - The thread is pinned to the forum and won't move from that top section
    Paperclips - Show attachments in the thread
    Stars - Are the threads average rating from those who have felt inclined to give a rating

@Drakath - That's not all the symbols I don't think, and you might want to check with Adventure or Skymin to be sure I got everything right, but to the best of my knowledge that's what they all mean.

Edit: Ignore the ones I crossed out, there's a key on the bottom of the RPC page that explains them and I was a bit off.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Unopened File - You've never looked in there
    Open file - You have looked in there but not posted
    Open with an arrow - you've posted in there
    Closed with a padlock - the thread is locked
    Trashcans - show deleted posts
    Pin - The thread is pinned to the forum and won't move from that top section
    Paperclips - Show attachments in the thread
    Stars - Are the threads average rating from those who have felt inclined to give a rating

@Drakath - That's not all the symbols I don't think, and you might want to check with Adventure or Skymin to be sure I got everything right, but to the best of my knowledge that's what they all mean.

maybe it's different depending on which skin you use, but for me way on the bottom it explains what all the opened/unopened file pictures mean, and you can mouseover all other icons on the page to discover what they mean. so, there's a few different things; the Open File just means there's new posts since you last checked, Closed File means there aren't, and the Trash Can and Paperclip just mean there are deleted posts and/or attachments in the thread.

sorry, i don't mean to sound like a smartass or minimod or anything
    ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Years
    maybe it's different depending on which skin you use, but for me way on the bottom it explains what all the opened/unopened file pictures mean, and you can mouseover all other icons on the page to discover what they mean. so, there's a few different things; the Open File just means there's new posts since you last checked, Closed File means there aren't, and the Trash Can and Paperclip just mean there are deleted posts and/or attachments in the thread.

sorry, i don't mean to sound like a smartass or minimod or anything
    ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Well I'm an idiot, I have honestly never noticed that before.
    I wasn't too far off at least and I'm pretty sure I was right about the ones that aren't displayed there.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    Hi there, everyone! Giving this thread another go-around. For some reason, I just can't seem to stay in these kinds of threads and chat... ;P

Anyway, how goes it, everyone?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi there, everyone! Giving this thread another go-around. For some reason, I just can't seem to stay in these kinds of threads and chat... ;P

Anyway, how goes it, everyone?
    It's simple - just talk about anything RP-y!

Currently, I should write up a gym battle post in Begin Again, hmm.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    So I've had a roleplay centered around Mega Evolution sitting in my PM box, completed, for months now. I had originally intended to post it the day ORAS was released, but I haven't had a chance to play the games and, from what my friend has told me (with as few spoilers as possible), the secret behind Mega Evolution went all KABLOOEY in your face in ORAS, so I'll have to wait to edit and post it.

On that note, is that even something anyone would be interested in?

@(Drakath) I'd personally be open to the idea of a roleplay involving fakemon. I've briefly entertained the idea a few times in the past, but it always seems like . . . taboo, in a way? I feel that many people wouldn't want to sign up for it, because the notion of utilizing fakemon causes them to immediately look down on it. I don't actually know if this is the general consensus here, though.

And we need a nice little conversation topic. Ummm

How much do you think the release of ΩRαS will affect new roleplays?

Meaning, will it have any sort of impact on how one might go about handling certain pokémon roleplays? I haven't played the game and haven't heard anything about it, really, since it's release, so I don't really know if there's anything game changing in it.

a dumb question, I know, but it's the best I have at the moment, lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Naku, it might certainly affect how we plot around Mega Evolution! Personally I haven't heard what the deal is yet, but I take your words for truth.

It's not like a new region with new pokemon though, it's still dear old Hoenn. So I would have expected to see more Hoenn orientated RPs around now but it's sort of quiet on the new RPs front lately overall 8)

Years
    @Naku

The problem with using fakemon is more an issue of balance if you ask me. If fakemon are used either some well-defined guidelines need to be set or people need to be trusted not to have ridiculously OP pokemon.

As for ORAS, I haven't even bought a copy yet and probably won't until Late December at the earliest. So I don't know what's going on yet either. I'd expect though that the popularity of the Hoenn region might actually decrease rather than increase. One of the reasons Hoenn was relatively popular for RPs before was that it wasn't in use by Nintendo very often so it felt more original IMO.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    i'd say the same thing hgss and frlg did. not a lot, just increase the amount of people using the region. i think hgss also saw a lot of people using the legendary dog lore heaps more in their journey rps

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    So I've had a roleplay centered around Mega Evolution sitting in my PM box, completed, for months now. I had originally intended to post it the day ORAS was released, but I haven't had a chance to play the games and, from what my friend has told me (with as few spoilers as possible), the secret behind Mega Evolution went all KABLOOEY in your face in ORAS, so I'll have to wait to edit and post it.

On that note, is that even something anyone would be interested in?

Meaning, will it have any sort of impact on how one might go about handling certain pokémon roleplays? I haven't played the game and haven't heard anything about it, really, since it's release, so I don't really know if there's anything game changing in it.

a dumb question, I know, but it's the best I have at the moment, lol.

I actually like the idea of a Mega Pokemon RP. However, I have no idea what sort of plot could work with Mega Pokemon.

Also, I have NO IDEA what secrets of Mega Evolution happened. I didn't really plan on buying ORAS, but I'd really like to know what went "Kablooey."

And lastly, I have no idea how ORAS will affect RPs. Again, haven't nor won't play it. For quite some time, honestly. ;P

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
    I finished the SU template and the Introduction post template for the Fakemon and Fantasy roleplays. Now I just need to add storys, rules, ect. to them. Any Ideas that might help me?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back