• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Since it's water, it would probably taste like water. That's how the anime has treated it and how I imagine they mean for it to be in the games and everywhere else as well. Just like fire from a fire pokémon is like any other fire. Unless it's magical I guess?

In any case, this probably isn't enough of a topic to discuss in depth in its own thread so I'll move it to the Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat thread where people can comment on it for as long as they find it interesting :3

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Vulpix is a pretty cute Pokemon. But I guess PC is just one of those sites with a slogan and no mascot, and that's fine in the end. Besides, that means you can try and use Vulpix yourself. =p
    I just hope this community is as amiable as they say it is, because I wouldn't stand for Stunfisk to be our mascot. Would you?
    A few people here would quite like Stunfisk to be it, actually...

I used Stunfisk in a B2W2 run actually (dream world so I could use it early on). Wasn't too bad, better than other Pokemon I used for in-game at any rate.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • If the Pokémon was a pure water type then I would expect the water to be below human body temperature. A lot of Water type Pokémon can learn Ice attacks so I'm guessing that they have a cold internal temperature. For dual types, I'd say that the temperature variates based off of the non-water type. The taste will probably be just like any other water but with a hint of Poké food :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2020
    Fancy Dress thoughts and ideas

Hi Guys,

If I'm posting this in the wrong place, could someone kindly redirect me, if not listen up.

So I took the social leap and decided to have a Pokemon fancy dress for my 21st :cool:. But herein lies my dilemma, once I managed to persuade my girlfriend it was a good idea and chose her a 'non-weird looking one' to go as (Bellossom, btw :t182:) this leaves me with the difficult decision as to what to go as myself. An Ash and Misty combo with my ginger gf would've been perfect, but when you can be a pokemon, why would you go as Ash?

I think, for the benefit of other people, I'll limit the selection to the first three generations, just so people have some sort of idea what you are, as we will be going into town. But I just don't know what to go as.

Any ideas folks? I'm 6'5" and pretty lanky, if that signifies anything to anybody...?

wildjr

Some Random Dude
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Here are a few ideas

Machoke, Machamp, Onix, Snorlax, Charizard, Blastoise, Meganium,Typhlosion, Feraligatr

I'll add more if you'd like.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Welcome to PokeCommunity, Holbzz! I don't know if this thread can sustain discussion on it's own, but I'll gladly move this over to our Daily Chit-Chat thread so that you can get a few more ideas for a costume.

Maybe you could try Hitmonchan? Seems like it would be a pretty easy costume to pull off.

MOVED.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Any human-shape Pokemon like Machoke or Hitmonlee would be good ideas! Charizard could also be a good costume idea as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokémon water would taste how water usually tastes. As for temperature, I guess that would depend on the Pokémon's type. If it's a water- and ice-type like Dewgong, Cloyster, Lapras, and Spheal, then I'd imagine it to be pretty cold. If it's rock/water Pokémon like Omastar and Kabutops or perhaps a grass/water-type like Ludicolo, then the temperature would be neutral. And if it's a ground and water Pokémon like Swampert, then I guess it'd be a little warm.

As for costumes, I agree with Axeliira; human-shape Pokémon would be great ideas. :]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Lilligant would be a nice pokémon to dress up as. Like a dancer :3 I saw a cool fan-version of Mega Lilligant that was like an exotic dancer. Found it:
    Spoiler:

I guess it might be just as well that PC don't have a mascot. We're the site-less, slogan-less, mascot-less community that relies on COMMUNITY rather than symbols. Maybe.

Wobbu

Years
  • Trubbish and Garbodor would be the worst two Pokémon to dress up as. Imagine going to a party wearing your trash and leaving a trail of gross behind like a slug(ma) xP

I just hope this community is as amiable as they say it is, because I wouldn't stand for Stunfisk to be our mascot. Would you?
    Let's not hate on Stunfisk :( It's one of my favorite Ground types along with Diglett. Derp is the epithet of Stunfisk (and I mean that in a good way), especially when it comes to the anime :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Now that you say it, Stunfisk is so PC's unofficial mascot already. :]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi TD! Nice to see you here.

Oh lord dat stunfisk theme. Was it april fools or just a funny thing?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ohohoho. Nono. There has been so many weirdly thought out april fool jokes on this site in the past. Not all even related to pokemon.

Once, everyone changed names to Todoroki and we were stuck with a rather ugly old Pikachu PC skin for days. I didn't really like Pikachu much for a while after that xD

Wobbu

Years
  • Haha, but I thought Pikachu never gets old? I remember last year when everyone's avatars were changed to random Pokémon sprites whenever you loaded a page. I can't wait to see what will happen this year :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This year, the joke will be that nothing happens. :]

But the skin was the one called PokéGeneric and... it isn't... the most pleasant ever. Even though Pikachu is cute, yeah. And I don't really get tired of that rodent, more so of the constant copies that come. Emolga, Plusle+Minun/Pachirisu/Dedenne... They are redundant imo :( Pichu doesn't count.

Wobbu

Years
  • *tries skin* That didn't last very long.
    I'm not a big fan of the static rodents either. I like Dedenne a lot, however. At first I was like "it's just a mini Raichu," but now I'm like "don't drop that Dedenne!"

This year, the joke will be that nothing happens. :]
    I hope this is an early April Fool's joke :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back