• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You guys are always free to come with suggestions and even host contests and fun things of your own here if you run it by us first! PGen isn't Rika's and Brendan's section, it belongs to all of us :3 And it can hold anything pokémon, pretty much. So free. Wow. Much creative.

Oh, finishing challenges haha. I am so bad with that. I started a monotype challenge with Flying on SoulSilver but didn't get very far until I forgot about it pretty much. Hm. Maybe I should put some focus on that during the lazy holidays before I really need to start studying for January finals :3

Wobbu, you should keep that Vulpix in your signature forever ;; Kind of like I should keep this adorable avatar forever.

Years
    I think the last round starts when 2014 begins. I don't know if there will be two semifinal rounds with half of the past winners or if all of the past winners are going to compete against each other in the next round. Let's hope that there will be more contests
    Yep- the last round will start on the first of January, and it'll be one final vote rather than two semi-final rounds. No use adding any unnecessary rounds at this point considering how long it's been going.

And there'll probably be other contests/tournaments like this down the road, but not right away. I wouldn't mind doing one, but I'm a little burnt out on putting these together each week (putting these things together does take quite a bit of time, you know), just like I think people are a little burnt out on voting. But, just like Rika said...

You guys are always free to come with suggestions and even host contests and fun things of your own here if you run it by us first! PGen isn't Rika's and Brendan's section, it belongs to all of us :3 And it can hold anything pokémon, pretty much. So free. Wow. Much creative.
    ...if anyone's got a good idea, feel free to run it by either of us- we don't bite. At least, not that hard.

As for my own PC resolution for this year, it'd be to post some threads outside of official ones like the Voting Tournament and rules threads. It's never really been my thing, but I'm sure I could come up with enough ideas for one every few weeks or so.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    ...if anyone's got a good idea, feel free to run it by either of us- we don't bite. At least, not that hard.
    If I come up with something, I'll be sure to let you two know :D
    Speaking of events, everyone should check out Pokémon Anime around Valentine's Day. Anna's got some events planned :P

Wobbu, you should keep that Vulpix in your signature forever ;; Kind of like I should keep this adorable avatar forever.
    I'm sorry to say that you'll have to wait until next Christmas :( If it makes you feel better, the gif was from Pokémon Chronicles episode 22, "Christmas Night" haha

If the section Pokémon General had another name, what would you name it?
    Adventure said:
    Rika's and Brendan's section
    I think we have a winner :P

Years
    You guys got your own little woodwork going here. I haven't seen you guys post around in ages… especially you, Brendan. Where have you been?
    Work's been crazy for the last month or so after my semi-promotion. There've been a few times where I haven't been able to get home until after midnight, which only leaves me a couple minutes a day to check PC. I'll (presumably) have more free time again once New Year's comes around, which is why I plan on finishing up the Favorite Pokemon Tournament then. I'm not abandoning you guys though- trust me!

Adventure said:
    Rika's and Brendan's section
    I think we have a winner
    Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Ehh, I'm not feeling it. If we made it alphabetical though...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You guys got your own little woodwork going here. I haven't seen you guys post around in ages… especially you, Brendan. Where have you been?

Here, I presume. Dumb question, right? :P
    Post around? You mean there are more sections on PC than Pokémon General? :D

Ehh, I'm not feeling it. If we made it alphabetical though...
    DAT SECTION. Adventure's and Brendino's section is alphabetical though...?

We all know that this would be the best choice:

This is so happening on april fools.

euphoricdee

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    Hello everyone! ^_^ I wanted to let all of my fellow Pokemon fans know that I made a Christmas themed Pikachu tribute on Youtube for the holidays :D You can watch my video at Youtube.com/euphoricdee. Thank you so much for watching and for your support! Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed it! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I loved seeing Wobbuffet around in the anime, personally. Too bad that Team Rocket replaced it, though. ): Hope they decide to bring it back someday.

Last edited:

Wobbu

Years
    I loved seeing Wobbuffet around in the anime, personally. Too bad that Team Rocket replaced it, though. ): Wish they bring it back someday.

He'll be back in the XY anime :3
    But who doesn't love Jessie's Wobbuffet? He's my favorite character in the anime because he's always making me laugh.

WOOOOOO-BUFFET!

I love this DCC Title. We need to have the section name changed. :3

I do feel like this forum needs more Wobbuffet :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I would link to the video which took that one anime episode with Wobbuffet and only had the WOBBUUUFFFET! lines remaining, but when I last checked a while ago it got hit by copyright infringement. =/

Years
    Oh my gosh, I really love Jessie's Wobbuffet! XD just the fact that it comes out of it's Pokéball at random and Jessie's reactions are beyond hilarious at times if you ask me..

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Ha, and they brought Wobbuffet back in the anime for good reason in X&Y. On that respect, don't you think Wobbuffet is a very controversial Pokémon? What, we had a discussion about the lipstick and stuff, and that salute sure is unnerving.

Wobbu

Years
    Ha, and they brought Wobbuffet back in the anime for good reason in X&Y. On that respect, don't you think Wobbuffet is a very controversial Pokémon? What, we had a discussion about the lipstick and stuff, and that salute sure is unnerving.

I think the consensus with female Wobbuffet is that most people find it funny. At least I hope that's the consensus. I don't see anything wrong with the salute. It just shows how happy of a Pokémon it is. Wat I find weird is that Wobbuffet's tail is the actual Pokémon and the blue part is believed to be a facade (I think?).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Whoa… did they seriously bring Wobbuffet back? Where was I? I really need to keep up, haha.

It just shows how happy of a Pokémon it is. Wat I find weird is that Wobbuffet's tail is the actual Pokémon and the blue part is believed to be a facade (I think?).

If this is true, then that's pretty scary. If there was an animal like this in real life, then I would be extremely freaked out by it and try to stay away as much as I possibly can. xD"

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Oh, there's a good bunch of hints towards the tail being the actual Pokemon. (I helped write about it on my webzine so now I know about it, haha). Just check out its dex entries. The blue part is rather like an inflatable punching bag, hence it not knowing any direct attacking moves but rather stuff like Counter and Mirror Coat - hit the bag, and it'll come flying back.

And Wyanut's ears? They are arms...

Wobbu

Years
    It'd be really cool if XY was to have an episode where Wobbuffet's 'tail' actually does something, or perhaps seeing the blue part deflate/inflate. Does that mean that Wobbuffet's arms are actually ears, also? Are their mouths actually mouths?

This ability did have its issues however – two Wobbuffet against in each other in 3rd gen games holding Leftovers would in fact result in an endless battle, as neither could switch and Leftover health outdid what was dealt by Struggle when they eventually ran out of PP.
    That's an interesting fact. Hopefully I'll never find myself in that situation...

Is that so? That is so! xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back