• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Direct RETURNS! New Direct this Thursday!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Saw this, looking forward to it. Nintendo mentioned...last month I believe, that they had a bunch of announcements (or releases, maybe both) to do before the year is out.

Not looking forward to anything in particular, though, save for more Inazuma Eleven.

Reactions: Z25

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Definitely will check this out, though it's sad to have this without Iwata. One article says "Nintendo's announcement simply says it's focused on upcoming 3DS and Wii U titles." Maybe we'll finally get the Pokémon Z announcement we've been waiting for?

pkmin3033

Twilight Princess HD, please! I'd rather see this on New 3DS than Wii U, and if that isn't possible, I'd hope this uses the good Gamecube controls rather than the crappy Wii ones...or at least lets you choose between them, or offers a good control scheme like Wind Waker HD did. Would prefer to see it come out this year, too.

Speaking of New 3DS...come on, Nintendo. It's been out since February, and it has ONE game for it. Even if that game is the greatest one ever created, I'd like to see some titles that take advantage of the improved hardware.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm hoping to see Z as well, but if we don't get it, possibly a pokemon spinoff? Maybe we will see the pikachu Detective game again if it wasn't cancelled. Maybe even more pokken tournament wii u info. I also hope for twilight princess HD, a surprise game announcement( new mainline paper mario?) Paper Jam and Star Fox Zero info. And I hope we get some info on Pikmin 4! I started playing the series when 3 came out, it was really good, so I look forward to 4! Oh and some smash bros DLC info as well!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm hoping to see Z as well, but if we don't get it, possibly a pokemon spinoff? Maybe we will see the pikachu Detective game again if it wasn't cancelled. Maybe even more pokken tournament wii u info. I also hope for twilight princess HD, a surprise game announcement( new mainline paper mario?) Paper Jam and Star Fox Zero info. And I hope we get some info on Pikmin 4! I started playing the series when 3 came out, it was really good, so I look forward to 4! Oh and some smash bros DLC info as well!

I was about say that they could release GO's release date until I recalled that it's Wii U and 3DS games only, not mobile xD. I do hope that we get more Pokken info, and maybe even a release date.

Maybe Zoroark will be added ;).

Years
  • Paper Jam and Super Mystery Dungeon is what I'm hoping for, some ssb4 dlc would be cool too, bt will probably only get me excited if it's a character I like.
    Maybe a new announcement might get me hyped, but for now Paper Jam and PSMD is all I'm interested in, maybe some info on FE Fates that changes my mind on it, which is unlikely unless they take out the fanservice in EU.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I was about say that they could release GO's release date until I recalled that it's Wii U and 3DS games only, not mobile xD. I do hope that we get more Pokken info, and maybe even a release date.

Maybe Zoroark will be added ;).

Yeah, they said no mobile news in it. A pokken release date would be nice, and I do want zoroark for pokken, but I also really want to see swalot even if it be unlikely.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm expecting Smash DLC, playable Octolings, Twilight Princess HD, a new Xenoblade Chronicles X, Devil's Third, Paper Jam, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Star Fox Zero, and SMT X FE trailer, and Pikmin 4. Also, don't expect news regarding the NX and mobile, as it was already stated on NoA's twitter.

Years
  • It's hard to imagine this is the first Direct since Satoru Iwata's passing, and while we're speculating what games might get announced I am hoping for the presumed Pokemon Z... but Pinkie's choices could be possible as well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    *crosses fingers for Ivysaur and Squirtle in Sm4sh*

Twilight Princess HD, please! I'd rather see this on New 3DS than Wii U, and if that isn't possible, I'd hope this uses the good Gamecube controls rather than the crappy Wii ones...or at least lets you choose between them, or offers a good control scheme like Wind Waker HD did. Would prefer to see it come out this year, too.
    Very much this as well. Though I have to say, I didn't mind the Wii controls of Twilight Princess.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • *crosses fingers for Ivysaur and Squirtle in Sm4sh*

I don't know how many times I've mentioned this before, but having more than six Pokemon reps in Smash would mess up the six-party team theme they're having.

Very much this as well. Though I have to say, I didn't mind the Wii controls of Twilight Princess.

It's most likely going to use the Gamecube controls, because the game was originally built for the Gamecube.

pkmin3033

Well, if it's an HD remaster, I think we could expect a new control scheme in the same vein as Wind Waker using the Gamepad, but since the Wii U has Wiimote and Gamecube controller compatability, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to choose your control scheme.

Also, since this is coming from an EU representative, I expect release dates for Super Mystery Dungeon and Yokai Watch. Bad enough we have to wait for these at all; I want to know for how long we're being shafted.

MusicClues

Mashup Maker and Sun/M/XY Champion/Master
    Years
  • Just Thought I Mention this.
    "Please note that the presentation will not feature any updates on NX and mobile."

That's From NOA's Website for Nintendo Direct.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't know how many times I've mentioned this before, but having more than six Pokemon reps in Smash would mess up the six-party team theme they're having.

It's most likely going to use the Gamecube controls, because the game was originally built for the Gamecube.
    Perhaps they could do a 12 team? It was kind of messed up at the beginning as Mewtwo wasn't included outside of DLC.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I don't know how many times I've mentioned this before, but having more than six Pokemon reps in Smash would mess up the six-party team theme they're having.
    But why should a simple reference like that come before fighter uniqueness and potential popularity?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • But why should a simple reference like that come before fighter uniqueness and potential popularity?

Because Sakurai loves to make homages and references to the characters' source materials (e.g. Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Ryu using their SFX fonts for their punches and jumps).

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Shantae for Smash hype? Shantae for smash hype.

Spoiler:

Which still isn't a thing.

I don't think they'll add any more pokemon either, but they're not stupid enough to not do so for such a petty reason.

Back