• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Direct RETURNS! New Direct this Thursday!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Am I the only one super excited for Hyrule Warriors Legends? I've actually never played Hyrule Warriors, but I've heard some decent things about it and seeing the gameplay on the Nintendo Direct really makes me think this might be worthwhile :o I love hack-and-slash games!
    I own the wii u version, it's really fun! I'm looking forward to the 3ds version due to the expanded roster and story, it should be good.

So, it seems we have reached a point where it seems anything and everything has a chance to appear in Smash. If that's the case, I'm personally hoping for both Crash and Spyro to make an appearance...

I would love to see crash or spyro. Crash was the leading contender in video games for awhile, so it makes sense to have him. IT be awesome to see!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So, it seems we have reached a point where it seems anything and everything has a chance to appear in Smash. If that's the case, I'm personally hoping for both Crash and Spyro to make an appearance...

As long as it's a video game character of course, or we would've gotten Goku or Shrek instead.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I wanna get Pokémon Yellow (er.. "Pikachu version" as it's called in Japan, apparently? Cute!) but Japan has PHYSICAL RETAIL COPIES. It comes with a download code for the VC game but also has the original (or close to it) box and a cartridge (?). That looked really cool. I enjoy the 3DS because I rarely ever have to physically import games since most of the ones I want are on eshop and it's much cheaper than paying extra for shipping but... hnng that's such a great idea I may have to give in. ;o;

I'm also super excited for Pokémon Picross, although I wish it were just a flat out game you can buy instead of free to start. :'(

Everything else... eh. I don't have a Wii U and still have no reason to get one. Cloud in Smash Bros was one hell of an unexpected reveal and I'm loving the memes that came along with it but I'm confused as to what "claim" Cloud has to SSB. >_> He's only ever appeared in 5 games on Nintendo consoles and all of them were either spinoffs or he was a cameo. (KH Chain of Memories, KH Re:Coded, Theatrhythm, Theathrythm 2, and FF Explorers... which isn't even out in NA/EU, I think? lol.) I would have much preferred Terra from FF6. She was my favourite in Dissidia and she had such cool moves. I think she'd be fun to put in Smash whereas Cloud looks kind of like an Ike clone and god there are already so many sword users? :/ But oh well, I don't own Sm4sh and I have no intention of getting it (although I might have for Terra) so I guess it really doesn't matter to me.

This was my first time in a while actually being around for a Nintendo Direct and being on twitter for it. It was actually really interesting to gauge how different the Directs were! I watched the JPN Direct because my primary 3DS is Japanese and I prefer playing games on it (and have no Wii U), but most of my friends were watching the NA Direct and I had a few people giving their live reactions to the EU Direct. They had almost the same content throughout, but they spaced them out differently. It was just kinda neat to see how Nintendo markets for different regions, I guess! Like in the JPN Direct, they went immediately into the Legend of Zelda stuff and they did the Splatoon announcement dead last. I think NA did the Splatoon announcement first and then went into Zelda after? All of them ended with the surprise Cloud announcement, but it was just kinda interesting to see what everyone else was talking about even if sometimes I got spoilt or was probably spoiling them, lmao.

Back