• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Direct RETURNS! New Direct this Thursday!

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Because Sakurai loves to make homages and references to the characters' source materials (e.g. Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Ryu using their SFX fonts for their punches and jumps).
    Yes, but choosing not to include a couple of unique veterans for the sake of a small (and arguably pretty obscure) reference? Sakurai isn't so incredibly dedicated to tiny references that he'd refuse the oppurtunity to add more characters (and earn more money).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I just want to hear more about Fire Emblem Fates. I feel like it hasn't been talked about much for a long time. I had to find out for myself that there were two versions for the game.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I wanna see more Star Fox Zero, LoZ WiiU, Animal Crossing wiiu maybe??, new main series Pokemon, and whatever surprises they have!!

Twilight Princess HD, please! I'd rather see this on New 3DS than Wii U, and if that isn't possible, I'd hope this uses the good Gamecube controls rather than the crappy Wii ones...or at least lets you choose between them, or offers a good control scheme like Wind Waker HD did. Would prefer to see it come out this year, too.

Speaking of New 3DS...come on, Nintendo. It's been out since February, and it has ONE game for it. Even if that game is the greatest one ever created, I'd like to see some titles that take advantage of the improved hardware.

I would like to see it on the New 3DS. The new Majora's Mask is beautiful. I really wish there were a 3DS version of Wind Waker.

But, yeah, totally. I would love to see more New 3DS games. I kinda feel like it was a waste of money, since its been out for 9 months and only one game has been made for it??

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Junichi Masuda has made a tweet about the Direct, which can mean that something Pokémon-related will be announced. It could be either the following:

- Pokémon Z
    - Pikachu Detective game
    - New Character reveal for Pokken Tournament
    - Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon DLC
    - A sequel to a pre-existing Pokémon spin-off
    - A new Pokémon spin-off title

It has a very slim chance of being a spinoff. They never retweet directs at all( let alone one with spinoffs in it). The Pokemon company doesn't get involved in spinoffs, they leave anything relating to them up to whoever is making them. We could still see spinoffs, but I have a good feeling it will be "Z" since they like worldwide announcements and one interesting thing came up. Nintendo tweeted t ostay tuned for a special Nintendo Minute that features The Jwitz and the Competitionist. Jwitz is known for his pokemon news first and Nintendo brings in people who could discuss whatever games are featured in more depth. This combined with Masuda''s tweet gives me hope.

Anyway 2 hours left hype!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I thought that was a decent Direct. Bunch of relase dates now, EU gets a special edition for all the FE, Paper Jam looks quite nice imo, Dragon Quest 7 AND 8, FF Explorers as well, Splatoon updates over next couple days (pity I'm not home for near a week, oh well) and more next few months, Cloud in smash (I find it amusing) and we get more smash info next month. And RBY with trading is neat too.

Also Bravely Default 2 in EU 1st quarter 2016. I'm very okay with this. My wallet however...

ALSO - read a post that in Japan's direct they're getting MOTHER 3 December 17th with the Lucas Amiibo release. Promising signs!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    ALSO - read a post that in Japan's direct they're getting MOTHER 3 December 17th with the Lucas Amiibo release. Promising signs!
    I saw that, and I'm immediately given flashbacks of E3 2014.

The hope's never gonna die, though. We got Earthbound on Wii U, we got a Mother translation on Wii U- dammit, we're just one game away from having the whole series. So close, so close.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I was soooooo happy at first. Twillight Princess in HD ? I almost cried!!

Pokemon Picross?? OMGGGGGG Picross is a game I LOVE !! Pokemon Picross?? Can't wait!!

After that? All cool stuff, alright. But I wasn't that excited.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Really good direct imo! Loved all of it! The cloud reveal was so shocking and left field, but an amazing addition! TP HD looks great and I need that wolf link amiibo! R/B/Y on VC is also surprising and awesome!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Now that I think about it, I wonder if there are plans for Gold, Silver, and Crystal to make comebacks on the Virtual Console, and if Crystal comes back, perhaps will the Mobile Adapter communication functions be possible once again?

I hope so!

I would totally buy them, they are my favorite games!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Really good direct imo! Loved all of it! The cloud reveal was so shocking and left field, but an amazing addition! TP HD looks great and I need that wolf link amiibo! R/B/Y on VC is also surprising and awesome!

Really? That's a thing? All of a sudden that episode of Death Battle became so gosh dang hilarious. Now Cloud and Link can go at it for real. XD

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Really? That's a thing? All of a sudden that episode of Death Battle became so gosh dang hilarious. Now Cloud and Link can go at it for real. XD
    Yes, and the reactions were hilarious!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Man if Sephiroth shows up next I'm gonna die laughing. Since Cloud has been announced there's a small chance he'll show up too, and if that's the case it's gonna be hilarious given a large chunk of the cast is comprised of cute things that can unleash bloody murder. The mental image alone is enough to reduce a person to giggle fits.

Years
    I was personally really excited for Fire Emblem Fates, as I loved the originals and FE:A Also really hyped for LoZ TP and based on Linkle, I'm actually seriously considering buying Hyrule Warriors for the 3ds too. I was happy to see the virtual console returns of RBY and also I'm pretty interested in Pokemon Picross. There was a lot of good stuff in the Direct.

As for Cloud in Smash, while he's a cool addition I doubt I'll buy him. I am really looking forward to the smash info we'll be getting next monrth though. Very exciting.

pkmin3033

Hrmn...the differences between the the EU and US directs bother me a little. So we're going to get Super Mystery Dungeon when the US get Fire Emblem Fates? I'm not all that fussed about it, because I don't much care for Fire Emblem as a series, but given the awful treatment EU territories are being given this Christmas, I was hoping Nintendo would get their act together, but...well, business as usual, I suppose. Just keep screwing us over, why don't you. Lack of a release date implies, to me, it's going to be a month or two until we see it released here.

Still, the Direct was alright. Why they couldn't have done this for E3 I do not know, but a few things I wanted - Twilight Princess HD, release dates for Hyrule Warriors Legends and Super Mystery Dungeon - were put in, and the original Pokemon games coming to the eShop with Wifi connectability was a nice surprise. I'm sorely tempted to pick up Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks on Virtual Console as well, just because. And Dragon Quest! I've always had trouble getting into the series, but I've always wanted to try DQVIII, so that'll be nice. I expect I'll wind up with a copy of VII as well, because my mother loves Dragon Quest, and if I don't pick it up I'll never get a moment's peace, haha. Bravely Second...well, I dunno. I didn't like the mindless second half of the first game, so I'll reserve judgement until I play it.

Still, on top of everything I want for PS4 and Vita, I'm looking at a very expensive first quarter next year...thank god the rest of this year and January are so barren for new releases. Time to start saving again for the explosion in February and March. I want the Twilight Princess HD and Hyrule Warriors Legends special editions, and I expect those will cost nearly double the price of the standard retail edition.

As for Cloud in Smash...makes sense I guess, with the VII remake and the 20th Anniversary and all that. I don't see it as that big a deal or a stretch...I mean, we've had Sonic, Pac Man, Mega Man, Solid Snake...who even cares about what platform the characters originate from. We'll have Crash and Spyro next I expect. I've not touched Smash on my Wii U since around April though - I've not even bought Roy and Mewtwo yet, despite wanting both included - so...eh. I doubt I'll bother buying him. I don't like FFVII much anyway.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Can't say I really cared for this Direct. I mean, all I was really hoping for was an announcement of Pokemon Z/next main series Pokemon game, and the reveal of the next Smash DLC character(s), but in regards to Pokemon everything but that happened. I don't care for Picross, or the Mystery Dungeon series, or Gen I being on the Virtual Console. And they did indeed reveal of new Smash DLC character.....but I could not care less for it being Cloud.

Twilight Princess HD is nice, but I'm fine with still playing the non-HD Gamecube version of that. Not exactly into FF or Dragon Quest either, and idek what Paper Jam is.

At least we finally have a more specific NA release date for FE Fates.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Can't say I really cared for this Direct. I mean, all I was really hoping for was an announcement of Pokemon Z/next main series Pokemon game, and the reveal of the next Smash DLC character(s), but in regards to Pokemon everything but that happened. I don't care for Picross, or the Mystery Dungeon series, or Gen I being on the Virtual Console. And they did indeed reveal of new Smash DLC character.....but I could not care less for it being Cloud.

Twilight Princess HD is nice, but I'm fine with still playing the non-HD Gamecube version of that. Not exactly into FF or Dragon Quest either, and idek what Paper Jam is.

At least we finally have a more specific NA release date for FE Fates.

Agreed. The things that really got me excited were the new Amiibos, Star Fox Zero, and the new Final Fantasy because it has online multiplayer. RBGY being on VC got me excited until I learned the trading/battling is local wireless only....Local wireless exclusive features are something I wish would go away. The rest of the direct I don't care about.

Anyways, I don't like that Fates costs $80 to get the full story. Imagine if we had "FE:7 Lyn's Story", "FE:7 Eliwood's Story", and "FE:7 Hector's Story".....

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    This direct was awesome for me xD I didn't care much about the Wii U stuff, but the things pertaining to the 3ds really impressed me. I can't wait for the virual console pokemon titles, and I just went and reserved the special edition Fire Emblem fates pack today at gamestop. Probably won't buy Cloud though, not a Final Fantasy guy.

Years
    So, it seems we have reached a point where it seems anything and everything has a chance to appear in Smash. If that's the case, I'm personally hoping for both Crash and Spyro to make an appearance...

Back