• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Noragami Aragoto

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Love how they've kept S1's music. S1's music was amazing. It still is. :D

First episode of this season has been just as boring as the rest of last season, hate the mix of comedy and seriousness, mainly because they cannot do it right.
    Just like the anime in your avatar. :p In terms of awkward combination of action-drama-comedy, both Angel Beats! and Noragami are pretty much on the same level for me. Both are mostly unfunny with a few laughs here and there.

Why bring Angel Beats! up, though? Uhh, just saw your avatar so I couldn't help it. XD;

As for this series, though, it picks up. The story is better than first season. Probably won't ever like the comedy present in this though if you're like me. The first episode is just the set-up so it obviously won't be as eventful or meaningful as you'd probably like it to be. Stick around a little longer, yeah?

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I agree that Angel beats had a weird mix of seriousness and comedy, the fact the whole series was just stupidity with stupid reasoning behind it then at the end they just go BAM and hit you with the hard feels but in my opinion, Angel beats did it a lot better than Noragami. Shows like Noragami just have half assed back stories and try to add this air of seriousness but in the end it just becomes underwhelming and the comedy is very cringey.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Not trying to start a flame war but like, really, Angel Beats was a mediocre series, so I don't really see what the big deal is about.
    And I'm not very fan of Noragami myself, just in case. We're here to comment bad and good things, of course, but sometimes I don't really get what's the point of wasting time in hating something or being bored watching something,you clearly don't like, there are good shows out there that you will probably like, so why waste your time on this.

Raven Valt

Years
  • Not trying to start a flame war but like, really, Angel Beats was a mediocre series, so I don't really see what the big deal is about.
    And I'm not very fan of Noragami myself, just in case. We're here to comment bad and good things, of course, but sometimes I don't really get what's the point of wasting time in hating something or being bored watching something,you clearly don't like, there are good shows out there that you will probably like, so why waste your time on this.

You can have your opinion and I can have mine, this isn't a place for only good or bad comments, it's for both. So your comment is basically saying that if people like the anime why would they bother commenting on this in the same way it's bad. I'm allowed to voice my opinion on finding the first episode of this season boring just like a lot of the last season and I'm entitled to do so. The whole point of this forum is for people to discuss whether they like or dislike an anime. Not to be restricted in what they can post. Also you make your own point invalid by saying that Angel Beats is a mediocre anime.

Finally I never stated that Angel beats was a super amazing anime which was 10 times better than this, I was giving an example of an anime which uses both seriousness and comedy and does it in a better way. I could have used a different example and probably have been targeted over that but I chose Angel beats because it came to mind. I personally enjoyed Angel beats and that is my opinion, obviously it's not true with some people like yourself but at the end of the day, what makes us unique is our difference in taste for things.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • There's a difference between having an 'opinion' and having an 'informed opinion' so
    🐸☕️

derozio

Years
  • Also you make your own point invalid by saying that Angel Beats is a mediocre anime.
    I don't really think that does it, though? All he intended to say was that he doesn't get why someone would bother watching a show they clearly dislike/are bored of. Nothing more, nothing less. His post doesn't even remotely imply that you can't post bad things about a show or anything of the sort - it was just him thinking out loud about the futility of the process itself and wondering why people even do it in the first place.

Finally I never stated that Angel beats was a super amazing anime which was 10 times better than this, I was giving an example of an anime which uses both seriousness and comedy and does it in a better way. I could have used a different example and probably have been targeted over that but I chose Angel beats because it came to mind. I personally enjoyed Angel beats and that is my opinion, obviously it's not true with some people like yourself but at the end of the day, what makes us unique is our difference in taste for things.
    And I can respect your opinion, yeah.

Angel Beats, in my opinion, is a very awkwardly paced show with odd comedy that was 90% miss and drama that never managed to have a meaningful impact on me in any manner (apart from the sister and survivors scene. That got to me to a degree ;__;) . I can even point out specifically what I disliked about the show and why I did so. But this post is not about Angel Beats! so I'll refrain from that - which brings me to this: What, apart from the awkwardly done comedy, did you find in Noragami that wasn't up to your expectations? I personally think it had some great art and animation and of course a good soundtrack. As for the story, yeah, I'd agree that it was not the best thing ever (and it even got a little frustrating with the crap yato had to deal due to the brat) but, at the end of the day, it isn't a bad package at all - at least in my opinion.

Ah, but you did say you were bored. It not being entertaining, in other words. In that case, I'd ask this - do you care even a teeny little bit about any of the characters? Yato and Bishamonten specifically? If not, then I'd strongly advise dropping this anime and moving on to greener pastures. Surely, you'll have a better time investing it in some other great show than to watch something you don't even enjoy. Just a futile exercise, no? But if you answer with a yes - like, if you remotely like Bishamonten or Yato then the story will improve and you'll probably find it worthwhile. So yeah, stick around in that case. Just a friendly advise, is all! :)

Raven Valt

Years
  • I'm not one of those people who pick apart something and analyze it bit by bit, I have no real interest in the music and the art and animation can be just about anything as long as it's appealing to the eye, the major factor I look at it the Storyline, character development and how they use characters back stories to progress the Storyline and in my personal opinion Noragami has no ounce of a decent storyline, the characters for me haven't grown enough despite everything that has happened to them and once more we hit on the seriousness mixed with comedy, it's god awful in this anime as it is in a lot of animes, half the time this terrible mix can hinder the story and character development and as such leave little impact.
    I watch the show more to pass time but so far I haven't been impressed, that's not saying that if they put out a good set of episodes I'm still going to say it's bad, ofc I will change my tune and say THOSE particular episodes were good. However just like with a lot of animes 1-2 good episodes doesn't stop the whole thing from being a disappointment.

And as always this has been my opinion, so I hope people don't get upset by it or come on here and try to give a big explanation about why I'm wrong because I'm not wrong, my personal preference for something cannot be wrong and as such neither is anyone elses.

derozio

Years
  • I'm not one of those people who pick apart something and analyze it bit by bit, I have no real interest in the music and the art and animation can be just about anything as long as it's appealing to the eye, the major factor I look at it the Storyline, character development and how they use characters back stories to progress the Storyline and in my personal opinion Noragami has no ounce of a decent storyline, the characters for me haven't grown enough despite everything that has happened to them and once more we hit on the seriousness mixed with comedy, it's god awful in this anime as it is in a lot of animes, half the time this terrible mix can hinder the story and character development and as such leave little impact.
    I watch the show more to pass time but so far I haven't been impressed, that's not saying that if they put out a good set of episodes I'm still going to say it's bad, ofc I will change my tune and say THOSE particular episodes were good. However just like with a lot of animes 1-2 good episodes doesn't stop the whole thing from being a disappointment.

And as always this has been my opinion, so I hope people don't get upset by it or come on here and try to give a big explanation about why I'm wrong because I'm not wrong, my personal preference for something cannot be wrong and as such neither is anyone elses.
    lol don't worry nobody here is juvenile enough to say anything like that. All we were asking was why bother watching a show if you don't have a shred of care about any of the characters and plainly find the story boring? Like, isn't it kind of a waste of both your time and effort? :p

That is all Keniichin and me were curious about, is all.

Winter

Years
  • giphy.gif

Raven Valt

Years
  • lol don't worry nobody here is juvenile enough to say anything like that. All we were asking was why bother watching a show if you don't have a shred of care about any of the characters and plainly find the story boring? Like, isn't it kind of a waste of both your time and effort? :p

That is all Keniichin and me were curious about, is all.

Because despite my lack of enjoyment from the anime I still found it satisfying to watch. I'm sure you've also watched an anime that you haven't necessarily cared about but have finished it until the end. At the end of the day even though I find a lot of it boring, it kills time and there are a lot worse animes out there, so comparing it to those instead of the good ones makes it more reason to watch.

derozio

Years
  • Because despite my lack of enjoyment from the anime I still found it satisfying to watch. I'm sure you've also watched an anime that you haven't necessarily cared about but have finished it until the end. At the end of the day even though I find a lot of it boring, it kills time and there are a lot worse animes out there, so comparing it to those instead of the good ones makes it more reason to watch.
    I only remember doing that with Elfen Lied. And I regret doing that. Watching it to the end, I mean.
    Others I just drop as soon as I lose interest. I really can't watch something I'm not a fan of. So that's just the reason why your stance on this seemed so weird to me. But you've definitely made yourself clear. Fair enough, man.

Anyway, can't wait for the real action to start. Gonna be soo good. <3;

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Just binged watched all of first season over the last day and a half or so. Watched the first episode just now, so excite. :3

I think Yuki is adorable (for a male character) and I'm happy he matured and got fixed up in season 1. I guess season 2 will have more Bishy in it compared to s1~

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • .I guess season 2 will have more Bishy in it compared to s1~

God to know, for a moment I thought it was the Kofuku Arc loljk

Spoiler:

Winter

Years

This episode took a dark turn.
    Spoiler:

derozio

Years

I had already read the manga so I saw it coming. But, somehow, this affected me a little less than I expected it to. Still, the whole "far edge people are forgotten bit" was pretty damn sad so I did feel bad for them. :( Not much to say right now except that things are definitely not looking good for Mr. Second in Command right now among Bishamonten's shinkis.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

THAT WAS STUPIDLY SAD, PLEASE STAHP THIS ;_;

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

OMGWTF

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆