• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Noragami Aragoto

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years

Slow transition to the upcoming arc I guess.
    Nice battle at the end by the way, BONES is delivering happiness to my soul with every fight in this series.

Spoiler:

Am I the only one sailing on the Yato and Bishamon ship? (As of the OVA)

Well, the page on MAL seems to agree

2015-11-13_18-38-26_zpsixvdpwjk.png

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • #7: More Yukine development! More YatoxHiyori feels!! <3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I believe the moral of episode seven is something like "Don't ever show a deadbeat too much money," because that's all I gleaned from it.

Years
  • This season has been amazing so far. Obviously I enjoyed the first otherwise I wouldn't have watched it, but 'Aragato' has been even better. I think the arc with Bishamon was great all round, the plot itself was obviously good and it was great to see some back story. Plus anything with Bishamon is a plus. Hopefully this next run of episodes is also good.

I must admit I've struggled to watch much anime recently, but as soon as I caught up with this I knew I had to keep watching it every week.

Winter

Years
  • The plot thickens!

Spoiler:

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • This episode is really surprising.
    Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Spoiler:

Years
  • This episode is really surprising.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Episode nine, I found it more comedic than the manga; I have to thank anime for that great animated laugh. Also, it has done nothing to remove my affection for Fujisaki-kun

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

We're almost there. That's what I call an action-packed episode. It's been a while since I wanted a series not to end (exactly since Kekai Sensen, which was also animated by BONES).

My prediction for the last episode
    Spoiler:

Winter

Years
  • Tonight we honor the hero!

tumblr_nzxfr7S7K31qjov86o1_540.gif

-holding back tears-

bonus gifs:
    tumblr_nzxp5mvlSP1rrtstlo1_400.gif

tumblr_nzxoctDvLO1rrtstlo1_400.gif

tumblr_nzxor5ZWWU1satyyro1_500.gif

My prediction for the last episode
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

And I agree very much with you. I'm so sad it has all come to a conclusion. I've been with the anime since it first aired, and I've come to love the characters and be so attached to them. One could say I'm a Noragami stan *hides Noragami merchandise behind back*, since I'll view it through rose-tinted glasses and block out the detractors.

I'm hoping, obviously, for another season, when the manga has more content. Speaking of which, I'm most probably gonna buy and read the manga to cope with my post-anime depression |D;;

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The last episode moved me to tears. Ebisu was such a brilliantly likable character. His arc was really well handled and that one scene in Ep #13 just...ugh. </3 Overall, Aragoto was a massive step up from the first season I'd say. I just merely "liked" the first season. Wasn't a big fan. But this was great stuff. Fleshed out the characters we knew so well and introduced a couple of new likable ones while giving them enough personality to stand on their own. Bisha's arc was good too but I personally resonated more with Ebisu and his backstory - maybe because he was so ****ing innocent and nice (and naive, but yeah). ;____;

I can only wish for a season 3. We'll soon have enough material for S3, apparently. Since Aragoto adapted 25ish chapters and we have 20 more chapters ahead of aragoto - that's what I've heard, anyway. So it all comes down to how well it boosted the volumes and how well the Disc Volumes sell. Fingers crossed! <3

But even if it doesn't get an S3, this was definitely a good spot to end the series. It can actually serve as a somewhat satisfactory end to the series in my opinion. Much better than any anime-original ending people were initially worried Bones would've ended the series with, haha.

Manga readers, how faithful was this adaptation?
    I'm pretty sure that is an important fact in possible future sequels.
    They were faithful for the most part apart from a few changes here and there. Someone said that Hiyori wasn't supposed to be there in the final scene with Nora, Yato and Yukine in ep 13. I don't seem to recall her being there either. But nothing too outrageous. Faithful adaption for the most part, I'd say.

It ended exactly where I thought it would - having read the manga, I knew that this was the right place to end it. And they did it so well.
    And yes, that twist at the end was kinda predictable. I saw it coming in the mango, too. :p

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Finally stopped procrastinated and started watching Aragoto, and I wish I had watched it sooner! After talking to dero about the series, I watched Noragami and loved the first season even though it started off slow. Right off the bat Aragoto started off exciting where the first season left off. On episode 8 right now, Ebisu was just introduced and have no idea if he will be good or bad? Oh well, I'll probably finish it tomorrow and Sunday if time allows. :)

Character thoughts right now:

Love Yato+Yukine!
    Spoiler:

Hiyori is Hiyori

Love Kazuma, Bishamon honestly doesn't deserve him. I freakin hate Bishamon.
    Spoiler:

Still want to see more on Nora. :c

Years
  • Just caught up. Stopped on ep7 before, aaaa.

Spoiler:

Back