• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Long time I didn't post here.

OK, so I'm going to report on my LG progress:

Got three badges (Boulder, Cascade, Soul). 44 Pokémon caught, got Itemfinder and some other things. Sold my Everstone and every Nugget and Rare Candy I've found. Brought lots of Fresh Water (it's better than a SuperPotion and for pretty much the same price!!!)

And made extensive use of the VS Seeker.

A week ago I got a Gyarados, taught it Surf, got to the Power Plant and captured some electric Pokémon. Oh and I saw that bird thing called Zapdos. Caught it? Of course not! I don't usually catch legendaries, heck, I don't even fight them because I like to have them roaming or standing around. Maybe next time...

Rival? Oh, yeah, he almost kicked my b**t once at Lavender Town. My trusty Nidorino managed to hold long enough to blast his last Pokémon into oblivion. But if I recall correctly from Gen I (Saffron Bld. right?), I won't be that lucky next time.

My current team:

[a id]ivysaur[/a id][CSS-DIV="text-align: center;"][CSS-DIV="float:left; margin-right: 12px; border-bottom: 1px dotted green;"]
Spr_3f_002.png
[/CSS-DIV]Ivysaur
LV 44, Nature: Modest; Ability: Overgrow; HP: 127
Attacks: Leech Seed | Sleep Powder | Synthesis | Razor Leaf
Role: Initiator for catches, dealer against physical
[/CSS-DIV]

[a id]nidorino[/a id][CSS-DIV="text-align: center;"][CSS-DIV="float:left; margin-right: 12px; border-bottom: 1px dotted green;"]
Spr_3f_033.png
[/CSS-DIV]Nidorino
LV 41, Nature: Lonely; Ability: Poison Point; HP: 111
Attacks: Horn Attack | Focus Energy | Peck | Double Kick
Role: Rival (Charmander line) beater. Seriously!
[/CSS-DIV]

[a id]beedrill[/a id][CSS-DIV="text-align: center;"][CSS-DIV="float:left; margin-right: 12px; border-bottom: 1px dotted green;"]
Spr_3f_015.png
[/CSS-DIV]Beedrill
LV 33, Nature: Quirky; Ability: Swarm; HP: 98
Attacks: Cut | String Shot | Twinneedle | Focus Energy
Role: HM slave, damage dealer (when Scyther is not in my lineup)
[/CSS-DIV]

[a id]sandslash[/a id][CSS-DIV="text-align: center;"][CSS-DIV="float:left; margin-right: 12px; border-bottom: 1px dotted green;"]
Spr_3f_028.png
[/CSS-DIV]Sandslash
LV 37, Nature: Serious; Ability: Sand Veil; HP: 108
Attacks: Slash | Sand Attack | Swift | Defense Curl
Role: used mainly for easy damage, and because it's cute.
[/CSS-DIV]

[a id]pidgeotto[/a id][CSS-DIV="text-align: center;"][CSS-DIV="float:left; margin-right: 12px; border-bottom: 1px dotted green;"]
017.png
[/CSS-DIV]Pidgeotto
LV 35, Nature: Bold; Ability: Keen Eye; HP: 103
Attacks: Featherdance | Sand Attack | Quick Attack | Wing Attack
Role: for damage against fighting and bug types. HM Slave? NEVER!
[/CSS-DIV]

[a id]eevee[/a id][CSS-DIV="text-align: center;"][CSS-DIV="float:left; margin-right: 12px; border-bottom: 1px dotted green;"]
133.png
[/CSS-DIV]Eevee
LV 28, Nature: Impish; Ability: Run Away; HP: 71
Attacks: Growl | Sand Attack | Quick Attack | Return
Role: building some stats until I decide what to evolve it into (why can't I have my Umbreon???)
[/CSS-DIV]

Next on my adventure:
  • Viridian Forest, to catch a Caterpie (for the Pokédex).
  • Rt. 21 to train some of my Pokémon, particularily my Magnemite.
  • Cinnabar Island, do whatever I have to do to get the Gym Badge.
  • I won't do the other mainland gyms till later... much later.
  • Get an Abra and a Slowpoke.
  • Try and find out a way to evolve my Eevee into Umbreon, otherwise I'll probably pick Vaporeon.
  • If I can't, then try to get some more progress in my Sapphire (I don't even have the first badge...)
  • Go read a magazine.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I managed to get my Shuckle to level 100 on Emerald. After Tyranitar and Swampert, my next objective is Nidoking, then finally Baltoy. If you haven't figured yet, I'm working on my Sandstorm team. I'm having trouble deciding who the last Pokemon should be, either my Rash Flygon (who's already level 85), or my newly bred Bold Skarmory. I took my three level 100's on a couple of trial runs through the Dome and Battle Tower, and they did quite well (I noticed them struggling on the Fighting types). Well, that leaves the team statistics:

Tyranitar[Lonely], lv100

Swampert[Brave], lv100

Shuckle[Adamant.. I know, but he has perfect Defense IV's!], lv100

Nidoking[Adamant], lv52

Baltoy[Modest], lv20

Skarmory[Bold], lv8/ Flygon[Rash], lv85.

Maybe I could alternate them or something.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
Right now, I am playing FireRed on the computer using an emulator. Currently in Viridian Forest training Pikachu, Charmander and Pidgey-and wishing for Repels.

Team:
Pikachu: Lvl 8
Pidgey: Lvl 8
Charmander: Lvl 10

Trap-Eds

Years
Right now, battling Lt. Surge. My Diglet easily beat his Voltorb and Pikachu; but lost to Raichu. So now I'm using Charmeleon.

Team:
Diglet: Lvl 23
Charmeleon: Lvl 24
Pikachu: Lvl 22
Pidgeotto: Lvl 21
Nina: [Nidoran] Lvl 22
Gloom: Lvl 22

Darn Raichu's Double Team!!!

By the way, anybody know a good HM slave for FireRed?

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
Well, in my newly obtained Emerald version, I am currently at Mossdeep and am about to battle the gym leaders. I had left temporarily to finish training my Pokemon a few levels more before challenging them, since my strongest Pokemon was a level 37 Swampert at the time.

I use a team of four Pokemon with two HM slaves. My Pokemon and their levels are as listed below:
Swampert (Torrent) Lv 41
Manectric (Bright) Lv 40
Beautifly (Pwnzerfly) Lv 40
Gardevoir (Hyper) Lv 40
Wingull (Omegagull) Lv 12
Zigzagoon (Mr Slave) Lv 8

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2016
Just started sapphire over! my current team is

torchic lv 14 male
Ralts lv 7 female

I'm going to try to beat the game with a combusken and a kirlia and of cours some other pokemon! :D I'll keep ya updated!

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
My champion battle.

My battle was hard, but i manged to defeat my rival-champion, Green. At first i sent out My Charizard. My Rival sent out Pigedot. I defeated the Pidegdot with a Flamethower. The next pokemon was not easy. He sent out my weakness, Blastoise, a water type pokemon. I still kept in Charizard. The first part looked hot. the second one not so hot because he used a Hydro Pump! But some way, i defeated Blastiose. I thought i would have it my way. I did, until i came to Green's Arcanine. Charizard was tired out and had no moves left. He used struggle. Arcanine used ExtremeSpeed. I did it agiain and Green admittied defeat. Boy, was Professor Oak mad! And i went to the hall of fame.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
Going through Victory Road on Emerald now with most of my Pokemon over level 46. Catching a few others in Victory road to replace my HM Slaves while I battle the league. I intend to gain access to the Battle Frontier on my first league win. Shouldn't be too hard as long as I have my team at 50+

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2016
New addition to my team!

Plusle lv 20 female. She's really strong too I didn't know that her stats were so well rounded. She's going to be the first pokemon I ever ev train on sapphire. I have high hopes for her. We are up to 3 gym badges now. keep ya updated!

Trap-Eds

Years
Does anybody know where I can find the Flash HM? It's gonna be a pain going through Rock Tunnel...

Team: Pikachu Lvl 23
Charmeleon Lvl 23
Pidgeotto Lvl 24
Gloom Lvl 24
Diglett Lvl 24

Just ran into PokeManiac Aston.
FL_PokeManiac.png
Is that a freaky outfit or what? :laugh:

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
Years
I'm in the middle of a Scrambe Challenge :P

I beat Team Magma on Mt. Chimney.. Or however's the vulcano called. Maxie was easy to beat (my Pokémon are around Lv. 30 x_x; ). The Camerupt was a pain though, Maxie kept using Super Potion on it >_>

I've also beaten Flannery. The battle was really close, if her Torkoal would attack the last turn I would've lost. Luckily it couldn't move because it was paralyzed ^_^

I'm in the dessert atm and I went into the tower thing to get one of the fossils. I think I'm gonna take the Claw one :3

Current Team
300.gif
Skittles, Lv. 33
302.gif
Shadow, Lv. 31
044.gif
Buttercup, Lv. 31
218.gif
Delicacy, Lv. 27

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2016
Okay! big news on my journey! I collected the rest of my badges and even caught Kyogre! I am battling the E4 now get this.....with two pokemon! my combusken and my plusle! and they actually won it! they swept the E4 and the champion without whiting out not even once! my time after beating it is 23:48! I'm so amazed at those two. I had other pokemon but their levels were so low they were stand in pokemon to do reviving so I give them props for that but man......combusken and plusle.....i'm proud of you guys! now it's time to go capture latias! :D until next time!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Well I recently started my journey in the Hoenn Region in my Ruby Version...and as much as Treecko still remains my favorite I decided to make a change and start off with Mudkip...but As of now I have a Taillow, Mudkip, and Beautifly all level 13...and I am in The Petalburg woods...Oh how long I've missed the Hoenn region, it feels great to be back...

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2016
well another quick update! I finally caught Latias! man it was a time with that pokemon! lol I've never worked so hard to capture a pokemon but I'm glad I did! since I don't like fighting with legendaries, I'm going to make her a contest pokemon and I'll ev train her so she can participate in the BT. I'm pretty much done with sapphire now so I'll be heading back to sinnoh soon! sorry my stay wasn't long in hoen but the journey was nice! seeya! inspiring trainer/coordinator is out!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
As for me, I am currently in Dewford Island...about to challenge the Dewford Gym and mostly depending on my taillow and beautifly to handle it well for me...I think I'll start it off with Beautifly at the beggining and if beautifly ends up fainting (most likely will not happen) I'll have my Taillow in for come back....As for my newly evolved marshtomp, the two of us are still getting pumped up for our third gym battle...but that's all for now anyway...

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Does anybody know where I can find the Flash HM? It's gonna be a pain going through Rock Tunnel...

Team: Pikachu Lvl 23
Charmeleon Lvl 23
Pidgeotto Lvl 24
Gloom Lvl 24
Diglett Lvl 24

Just ran into PokeManiac Aston.
FL_PokeManiac.png
Is that a freaky outfit or what? :laugh:

I think you want to ask thst question else where, but Im so nice today so Im going to tellyou that you get flash from oaks aid in a building south of pewter and of diglets cave

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Well as of now, after playing for a few...I'm now in Slateport with my newly caught electrike...he took two pokeballs and one great ball just to catch him while he was on low HP...tough little guy...but right now I have my Beautifly, Marshtomp, and Taillow at lv. 21 while I plan on training Electrike to catch up...but Team Magme is already taken care of, I delivered the message to Steve and the Package to that other guy, and I now have 2 badges...

I was so lucky in my battle against Brawly, I had Beautifly out first like I had planned and with one Critical Gust his Machop was down and out, and then when he brought out his Makuhita, my Beautifly got another Critical Gust finishing the Gym Battle without a single scratch...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back