• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • It isn't the worst thing in the world but it was pretty awful. Manga is slightly less awful I will admit but it still sucks.

a2m1Cva.png

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who found this series less than stellar xD It kept me interested for the first few episodes, but then the dialog got bloated and redundant. I kept finding myself yelling at the TV "stop brooding about how unfair the world is and do something useful already!" I'm at least a bit optimistic that it'll improve with subsequent seasons (if there are any).

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Picked up 9 series this season, along with 4 leftovers from previous seasons.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I have 11 from this season and 2 that are still airing from last season+. I think I am good especially because I think I'm going to start on Index II and I'm slowly going through Gintama. Dx

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • I ended up "dropping" (more like postponing until they're finished) almost everything this season because I've been too busy watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I might stick with just a couple like JoJo and Daimidaler. It would be the best saving the serious and good ones with good stories for later.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • It is cool to hate popular things. You should already know that.

Indeed, it just seems more genuine if people aren't still hating it months after. Then again AoT ended awhile ago and it's still being talked about so the extended hate is fair.

I'm not ragging on it. It had plenty of positives that kept me watching through all the episodes. If I thought it was terrible I wouldn't have watched the whole thing

Fair enough.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I was reading the manga something like 9 months before the anime came out and there were regular threads on /a/ even before that. Before you say it, no, /a/ is not a super underground hipster anime club.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I was reading the manga something like 9 months before the anime came out and there were regular threads on /a/ even before that. Before you say it, no, /a/ is not a super underground hipster anime club.
    And at that point it was the equivalent to stuff like Suisei no Gargantia which wasn't all that heard of while it was still a light novel (I believe it's a light novel). Known, but not known. I'd come up with a better example but uhh I've never really been into anything semi-obscure. Not to say AoT was ever obscure, but not as prominent as it is now, ya know

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Not at all like Gargantia. That had some sort of web novel and a manga released before the anime to create hype for a few months before the show started.

Attack on Titan manga was running for a couple of years before it got an anime adaptation. Of course the popularity skyrocketed with the anime but it certainly had an established fanbase in the west already.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Not at all like Gargantia. That had some sort of web novel and a manga released before the anime to create hype for a few months before the show started.

Attack on Titan manga was running for a couple of years before it got an anime adaptation. Of course the popularity skyrocketed with the anime but it certainly had an established fanbase in the west already.
    Only the introductory novel was used for that purpose. The manga was released a few months beforehand but not as a promotion device, at least as far as I know.

And ah, fair enough. I forgot it's updated monthly and that it had time and length (what, at least 30 chapters?) by the time the anime began.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Gargantia was probably in the production process before the manga started coming out. It certainly wasn't an adaptation in the normal fashion.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Gargantia manga wasn't even being scanned and release over here, so yeah, totally different to a popular manga like titans getting an anime.

Before the anime it probably had a similar level of western popularity as something like Watamote or Mirai Nikki.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back