• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
  • I just got back into anime because of a good friend of mine. I have watched bleach but spotted watch, no chronological order but now I can :3 might watch others, suggestions?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • If you have good taste watch;
    - Revolutionary Girl Utena
    - Haibane Renmei
    - Galaxy Express 999
    - Nodame Cantabile
    - Beck

If you have not so good taste watch;
    - Sword Art Online
    - Attack On Titan
    - Steins;Gate
    - AnoHana
    - Fate/Zero

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
    - Haibane Renmei
    - Galaxy Express 999
    - Nodame Cantabile
    - Beck

If you have not so good taste watch;
    - Sword Art Online
    - Attack On Titan
    - Steins;Gate
    - AnoHana
    - Fate/Zero

I'm a mixture of both but I will check them out when I can, thanks. Is AoT good?
    Edit: good like not bad but can watch

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I am looking forward to the next season. So many unanswered questions D:
    No questions will be answered.

I'm a mixture of both but I will check them out when I can, thanks. Is AoT good?

The last two pages will tell you it's a cretinous spawn but it's good at surface level as long as you don't read the manga and start over analyzing it because you'll realize that it's not as great as the fan base (myself included at one point) made it out to be.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm a mixture of both but I will check them out when I can, thanks. Is AoT good?

AoT is definitely enjoyable. It's one of those things you watch for the experience of it. It's well drawn and the action scenes are some of the best you'll find in anime (imo). It's a 7/10 for me.

Years
    - Haibane Renmei
    - Galaxy Express 999
    - Nodame Cantabile
    - Beck

Will probably pick up Galaxy Express 999 for summer. If I recall correctly the author for Yakitate Japan! was a big fan of that.

Will add Beck for this season's watch I think if I can fit it in.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Seen Nodame and the rest are in my watch list. :v
    Tho what lappy meant in his post is that 'good taste = laptrap taste' and 'bad taste = not laptrap taste'. I like AnoHana and Fate/Zero so screw u laptrap :p

Years
  • AoT is definitely enjoyable. It's one of those things you watch for the experience of it. It's well drawn and the action scenes are some of the best you'll find in anime (imo). It's a 7/10 for me.

People have pulled the derpiest moments from AoT though, and I found them through Tumblr XD Some of them are quite amusing, which spawned the shingekinobuttcracks Tumblr that I randomly came across one day a while ago.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • People have pulled the derpiest moments from AoT though, and I found them through Tumblr XD Some of them are quite amusing, which spawned the shingekinobuttcracks Tumblr that I randomly came across one day a while ago.

Haha I was just looking at that. AoT seems to be like, a meme factor for some reason xD

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Galaxy Express has gotten 2 upgrades in quality recently. The crunchyrips are better than the ones we had before and there are now blurays coming out.

Art quality in Titans was ok but animation was virtually non existent. Action, well, if you like goofy monsters punching eachother and kids with inconvenient jetpacks and swords then I guess it would be for you. The liberties they took with some of those scenes later on just killed that anime for me, as I've said in other threads before.

Would prefer my action to be well choreographed and animated really. Stuff like these;

Titans fights are more like something out of a shounen jump sort of series so I suppose it's a little different though. I guess people have fun with Titans like I do Symphogear.

Actually if I went all out saying just my taste you'd have a ton of old mecha and shoujo shows, I did tailor my suggestions a bit.

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • The fight between Jin and Mugen is one of my all time favorite scenes in all of anime. Like you said, very well animated and fantastic choreography.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    - Haibane Renmei
    - Galaxy Express 999
    - Nodame Cantabile
    - Beck
    Isn't Nodame too new for you?

I am looking forward to the next season. So many unanswered questions D:
    Agreed with Solace... there won't be anything answered =D

Symphogear cannot be compared to Eotenas. Symphogear is galaxy far better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back