• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
My school actually let us leave school for lunch, so long as we got back in time. We'd lose our privileges otherwise.

And dad would always give me 20 bucks for lunch every other week. No way that money was gonna go towards food lol

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
$20 every other week would barely last me if I paid for my lunch since it was $2.75 per lunch at my school.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Same here. 5 dollars barely got you much at our school.

And we weren't allowed to leave campus or the lunchroom for lunch neither could we order food from a restaurant/delivery.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm not very worried about lunch back in high school days because I didn't need to bother thinking about it.

TY

I never worried about lunch since we had a food store near our school so i could get food in every break

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
We had a snack store at our school, but it was only open in the mornings and after school. I'd stock up on candies and drinks just in case I got hungry during class.

Sirfetch’d

We weren't allowed to eat or drink in class after my freshman year ;-;. Someone thought it would be funny to bring vodka in a container to school >_> Drinks were banned in the school for everybody.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah that was a sucky rule :\ Luckily my math teacher gave 0 ****s about anything so we could drink/eat in that class all we wanted to =]

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Our school had a snack store, too, and it was always open. The school also had a few vending machines, so that you could get yourself some drinks whenever you wanted to. xD" For us, it was okay to eat in class, but you had to make sure that you were also paying attention to the teacher. If a teacher finds you not focusing on what's on the board, then you'll not be allowed to eat in his or her class again.

Last edited:

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
My high school had the same thing, a snack store and vending machines, but they were only open all day for the Year 12s, the younger kids had to wait for recess and lunch. Eating in class wasn't allowed, but my Chem teacher allowed it if he wasn't trying to teach something (like if we were just copying notes from the board or something).

TY

Here you had to be 16 or older to actually leave school in the breaks so you could go towards the store. However no one seemed to follow that rule and tried to sneak out and go towards the store.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
During my junior/senior years of high school, you were allowed to leave the campus during lunch. It was also a 1 hour lunch, and it was a small town so it was pretty awesome. :D

Years
Leaving campus for lunch is outright prohibited at my high school. If you're caught by any administration or the school resource deputy, you could face suspension, or possibly expulsion. Yes, lunch periods are 50 minutes, but my school is right off a major highway with only one sidewalk and the only two restaurants closeby are a Hardee's and a Subway, and those are at least a half mile away.

Years
We weren't allowed to leave school for lunch here. People did it anyway though and some even went home.. the security didn't seem to care much. :(

Honest

Hi!
Years
There were so many places to eat at by my school, it was ridiculous. :c

In other news, I'm of to Canadia in a few hours. ;;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My high school was kind of out there so we weren't allowed to leave campus. Didn't help that back when I was in High School it was just the 25 minute lunch period. Now they have 'power hour' where lunch is well... an hour but the closest food place is Publix or McDonalds 10-15 minutes away by car so they still can't leave the campus.

Years
My freshman year, lunch was 35 minutes. My sophomore year they were 30. Then my junior/senior years they were 50 minutes, but with the 50-minute lunches, those lasted a whole period, but then we had to add an 8th period to the day so that students would still have 7 classes :<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Man I would have hated to be at your school. We only had six periods not including before/after school things that are 0 period and 7th period classes (so I actually had seven because of Band which was both 6th and 7th period). 10 seems to be a bit.. much.

My high school used to have three 25 minute periods. They basically just merged those three lunchtimes into one big lunchtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back