• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Day 17

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today

Community Day XVII
    on October 18th

We are planning to have a Super Smash Bros. for 3DS tournament at 7 PM (UTC -4 / EDT), and possibly more at random periods throughout the day. Feel free to make suggestions!

— What is a Community Day?

A Community Day (aka CommDay) is a PC Battle Server get-together. Tournaments are a mainstay at CommDay, while other activities such as iSketch, Cards Against Humanity, Mafia, and Diplomacy are common as well. CommDay is simply about enjoying time with others while the battle server is at its peak of activity.

— When is the upcoming Community Day?

Community Day starts at 12 AM (UTC -4 / EDT) on Saturday, October 18th and ends at midnight (full 24 hours). That is 12 AM in eastern USA, 9 PM in western USA, 5 AM in the UK, 12 PM in Western Australia, and 2 PM in eastern Australia. You don't need to be there at the launch. CommDay lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.

— How do I sign up?

Simply join the PC Battle Server during CommDay. While CommDay is going on, a thread will be posted in the Battling & Team Building forum for keeping track of who participated. By posting in it, you can receive one of the following emblems.

I52iHRM.png
    BiItSlj.png
    CzEuzeS.png

bronze = participate in one CommDay, silver = two, gold = three​

— What are the tournament formats and schedule?

All follow BTB's Standard Battle Rules. All tournaments are "Best of One" (participants battle each other once to determine a match-up) unless stated otherwise. Don't know what tiers are or how they work? Check out BTB's Resources.

PC Battle Server formats (currently undecided)
    1. Halloween Random (randomly generated teams)
    2. OU (info)
    3. XY Anniversary Random (randomly generated teams)
    4. UU (info)
    5. Hoenn Random (randomly generated teams)
    6. Super Smash Bros. Random (randomly generated teams)
    7. 1v1 Random (randomly generated teams)
    ...then anything else or repeat

Wi-Fi formats
    None unless there is enough interest.
    Note: Post in this thread if you're interested in a Wi-Fi tourney anytime during CommDay. If enough interest gathers, I'll arrange the tournament myself. We'll need at least 4 people, though, and said people should be able to come to the server sometime during the CommDay. Cheers!

Generally we start with the first theme and make our way down, but the order is often switched up. Wi-Fi tournaments are done at the same time.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Note: Post in this thread if you're interested in a Wi-Fi tourney anytime during CommDay. If enough interest gathers, I'll arrange the tournament myself. We'll need at least 4 people, though, and said people should be able to come to the server sometime during the CommDay. Cheers!

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • First time I'm ever going to be a part of something like this, you can definitely count me in!

It helps a lot that Halloween is my favourite time of the year, too! ^-^

P.S. I'm down for a Wi-Fi Tourney. Just sayin'. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'll be on Halloween Random exclusively... if I remember to get on the server that day lol. I'm also willing to do a Wifi tourney as long as enough people are in.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Little confused though - do I visit a separate thread for the SSB tourney?

Err, SSB tourney? There is no SSB tourney, I'm afraid. If you're pertaining to the SSB Random format, that's simply a custom random battle format that consist of Pokemon that are found in the SSB games. It's found exclusively in PC's Battle Server.

Anyway, 3 people in the Wi-Fi tourney so far. One more and consider the tourney organized. Call your friends!

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Err, SSB tourney? There is no SSB tourney, I'm afraid. If you're pertaining to the SSB Random format, that's simply a custom random battle format that consist of Pokemon that are found in the SSB games. It's found exclusively in PC's Battle Server.

Anyway, 3 people in the Wi-Fi tourney so far. One more and consider the tourney organized. Call your friends!

Awh shoot, my bad. I must've misinterpreted that OP where it says
    We are planning to have a Super Smash Bros. for 3DS tournament, as well as Halloween-, XY anniversary-, ORAS-, and/or SSB-themed Pokémon battling tournaments. Feel free to make suggestions!
    That's some tricky wording though, it really looks like there's actually a Super Smash Bros for 3DS tourney being advertised.

I do have one more for a Wifi X/Y tourney though, I'll try and get him to post here to confirm today or tomorrow.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Little confused though - do I visit a separate thread for the SSB tourney?
    Actually, we are planning an SSB tournament, haha. :P Currently, I'm not sure if we'll do a full-blown tournament or simply hold a few multiplayer matches. There isn't a registration for it though, because there's no guarantee that everyone who signs up will be there on time. We usually host the events whenever there are enough online users who are interested, but I could set a time for one specific tournament. Maybe 7 PM (EDT / UTC -4)?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Actually, we are planning an SSB tournament, haha. :P Currently, I'm not sure if we'll do a full-blown tournament or simply hold a few multiplayer matches. There isn't a registration for it though, because there's no guarantee that everyone who signs up will be there on time. We usually host the events whenever there are enough online users who are interested, but I could set a time for one specific tournament. Maybe 7 PM (EDT / UTC -4)?

Ooooo~ please, do count me as interested, and available any time. Anything from a proper tourney or just a few people from the site gathering in a small number of rooms for matches sounds fun. I'll try and watch closely for that up until the 18th.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Actually, we are planning an SSB tournament, haha. :P Currently, I'm not sure if we'll do a full-blown tournament or simply hold a few multiplayer matches. There isn't a registration for it though, because there's no guarantee that everyone who signs up will be there on time. We usually host the events whenever there are enough online users who are interested, but I could set a time for one specific tournament. Maybe 7 PM (EDT / UTC -4)?
    I wanna be in the Smash tournament! Any info on how this is gonna work?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I wanna be in the Smash tournament! Any info on how this is gonna work?
    We'll just gather everyone who's online and interested and put them in an elimination bracket. Rules will probably be three stock and no items, but we can vote on all that when it actually happens.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    We'll just gather everyone who's online and interested and put them in an elimination bracket. Rules will probably be three stock and no items, but we can vote on all that when it actually happens.
    Okay great! Will I be able to find out easily when it happens?

Back