• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

== Intense Intents in Tents | The Antagonist's Club ==

Which of the Villainous Teams is Your Favourite?

• Total voters

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
  • NOTICE
    Has any of you been to the first post of our club recently? :o You should probably visit it before reading on. In fact, here's a link!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Welcome Caite-chan. Is it me or were you the one with a cute Zapdos as your avatar? If so it's definitely a sweet pleasure to have you here. ^_^

Care to tell us your thoughts on the current topics? As an old school fan, you must have a lot of valuable opinions to offer! XD

That would be me that has had the uber cute Zapdos as my avatar. :D As for the current topic...I couldn't seem to find it. I know people were answering other topics too.

It's really great to see that, despite the news of the clubs being closed down (oh no, I need to go cry again) people are still applying for them. And to make it even better, this particular person is another Rocket! ^^ Gotta say, love the James theme. He's one of my favorite antagonists. Though he's not much of one.

Who couldn't love James...his oddness is just so cute. He's always been my favorite even since I was younger. :D

Welcome to the club! I guess the nostalgia does make me love Team Rocket too xD

:D Why thank you.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • That would be me that has had the uber cute Zapdos as my avatar. :D As for the current topic...I couldn't seem to find it. I know people were answering other topics too.
    Here's the current topic, it's quite an interesting one :D

Why do you think there hasn't been a female main antagonist yet? Would you like to see one?

How do you like the first post? I'd think you'd like it quite a bit, with your current theme xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    HA Love it. Cross Jessie out though and put more James in it. LOL.

Why do you think there hasn't been a female main antagonist yet? Would you like to see one?

The only reason I can think of at this moment is because maybe they don't think a female will register like a male would. We're always taught the female is the kind, loving one who takes care of everything when they go wrong. And if they are trying to stick to the younger kids then the female will always be that kind and loving one. I say they just bring back Madame Boss and let her rule the world. :D

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    HA Love it. Cross Jessie out though and put more James in it. LOL.

The only reason I can think of at this moment is because maybe they don't think a female will register like a male would. We're always taught the female is the kind, loving one who takes care of everything when they go wrong. And if they are trying to stick to the younger kids then the female will always be that kind and loving one. I say they just bring back Madame Boss and let her rule the world. :D

My following point can be sightly unrelated. Regarding on Caite's 'And if they are trying to stick to the younger kids then the female will always be that kind and loving one.' She is actually correct on that aspect; Pokemon physicians are mainly female while male doctors were only introduced five years ago and so far mothers are presented in all core series. But I'm stopping from here, I'd be straying to far if I add more. ;) Anyway that kind of sums up the lack of female villains, having said that, I believe most fans are open to any female bosses in the future. :)

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Well, there have been Professors and trainers of both genders and besides, Officer Jenny is female and one could view policemen as being a job more suited to males (like Sun mentioning that medics used to be all female).

You know, we could do a crossover with Sun's club and have Sabrina become the next villain xD

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Spoiler:

Well, there have been Professors and trainers of both genders and besides, Officer Jenny is female and one could view policemen as being a job more suited to males (like Sun mentioning that medics used to be all female).

You know, we could do a crossover with Sun's club and have Sabrina become the next villain xD

Speaking of Sabrina acting as a villain, for those who aren't aware, she was actually part of the Team Rocket in the Adventures/Special manga. And on a slight degree, she acts as a villain in PokeStudios from B2/W2! {XD}

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • Why do you think there hasn't been a female main antagonist yet? Would you like to see one?

What do you mean females will always be kind and loving? They have female grunts, female villain team admins, and they have female champions, who can be fierce with their battling technique! For example, Cynthia. She was the first female champion in the series, and a lot of people accepted the slight change. I see no problem with a female villain. :)

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I agree with Luneh completely. There are plenty of cold female characters in Pokemon, it's time for a villain!

We've been on this topic for a while and almost everyone has given their opinion on it so it's time for a new topic! This time, it's more an event than a topic. Exciting, isn't it? :D

-----NEW TOPIC/EVENT-----
    Invent a backstory for your favourite villain.
    ----------------------------------

Unfortunately, with the mechanics down, I have no rewards to give at the moment but a winner will be chosen through a panel of judges (it's actually just me forever alone). Since there's no real prize to be won, I'll put this under the "Topics" category, sorry! :c

Also, this reminds me, how 'bout them notifications?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm all up for notifications I must have missed it when I was responding to everything else. As for a backstory...that will take some thinking. I know what I'll be doing at work tonight. xD

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I'm all up for notifications I must have missed it when I was responding to everything else. As for a backstory...that will take some thinking. I know what I'll be doing at work tonight. xD
    See? I'm so evil, I've cut down your productivity >:D Muhahahahaha

I'm glad someone's interested in the notifications! Would you like to be notified of every important post or selective ones (topics, events, notices, etc.)?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'll take all of them. :D

I need something to do while I sit and sew tags on shirts for 8 hours.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Sounds good, will do.

If anyone else wants to get notifications, just say the word :p

dedenne would like notifications too~
    mostly topics since for some reason i always forget to check :D

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I want it too, uncle. :v

Is it free? Do I need to pray for subscription? :v

Ahem, a yes subscription please.

Years
  • Im #Team Rocket!

Mainly cus Giovanni. For starters this is a very common mispronunciation of my name.
    Also he actually seemed like he knew what he was doing and wasn't overly ambitious from the jump. He seemed like he had micro goals that would lead up to his ultimate goal. He was even the last Gym leader for gen 1 game. FInally we seem to have similar taste in pokemon. He seemed to lean towards the biggest and most bada** looking pkm (which often end up being rock/ground type) at the time which i also (even now) generally prefer.

So if i had to get behind an evil organization, i'd like to know who i'm working for and at least somewhat get what they are thinking and how they plan to get there. Barring Colress, he just seemed the most intelligent and easiest to trust and follow (or at least as much as you can trust an evil villain) .. so less maniac and more visionary is how i prefer villains. Chaos and Thuggery just for the hell of it is very off-putting and weak to stand on. Most villains try to put a cattle prod to MewTwo or something to that degree before even establishing a real foundation for their organization.

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Will do, thank you for trying it out! :P

Spoiler:
    You seem like you have great opinions and thoughts about villains! We'd all love to have you in the club officially so here's the sign up form in case you're lazy like I am and don't want to go to the first post (though you should, for other info!);
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Nickname: Jay
    Affiliated Team (Rocket/Snagem/Cipher/Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Plasma/Flare):
    Gender you want your sprite to be: M
    Reason(s) for Joining: Protect the world from Devastation.
    Do you want to receive notifications? (For new topics, events and notices): sure
    Answer to the highlighted topic/s*:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Nickname: Jay
    Affiliated Team (Rocket/Snagem/Cipher/Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Plasma/Flare):
    Gender you want your sprite to be: M
    Reason(s) for Joining: Protect the world from Devastation.
    Do you want to receive notifications? (For new topics, events and notices): sure
    Answer to the highlighted topic/s*:
    Welcome to the club! I'd love to hear your opinion about the latest topics! Here's the last two that was up;

Invent a backstory for your favourite villain.

Enjoy your stay!

Back