• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

== Intense Intents in Tents | The Antagonist's Club ==

Which of the Villainous Teams is Your Favourite?

• Total voters

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
  • Spoiler:
    Welcome to the club! You've got some pretty great opinions and I'd love to see you answer some of the other topics! Or, post one of your own! :D I'll add you to the members list shortly after posting this so welcome to the club!

from the another club
    *HISSSSSSS*

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Why have I not discovered this club sooner?!

Nickname: Rain
    Affiliated Team: Rocket for life!
    Reason(s) for Joining: Recruitment into Team Rocket I have a thing for the villains, and the Teams have always been well-loved. Ignore the fact that I have absolutely no experience with Galactic, Cipher, or Snagem.
    Answer to Topic: See below

Which main antagonist (villainous team leaders) is your favourite and why?
    Not sure if he really counts, since the poor kid was just a puppet for the real boss, but N is my absolute favorite! *squees* He's freakin' adorable, grew up with/can understand Pokemon, is very good-looking, actually thought he was doing what was right rather than just trying to take over/destroy/whatever the hell the other Teams thought they were doing to the world, and is so goddamn Arceusdamn cute that it should be illegal!
    If N doesn't count though, because he was never truly the real 'king' of Team Plasma, then Giovanni is the one! That man was the original bad guy, led an evil, criminal organization while simultaneously running the Viridian Gym and a multi-million (billion?) Pokedollar corporation. That takes a certain amount of skill and genius, especially as he went so long without being discovered. He's got some classy tastes (tailored suits galore, as well as a Persian always by his side), his underlings are 100% devoted to him (Archer literally cries in the HG/SS chapter of Pokemon Adventures when Giovanni returns), and he has power (no example needed, this one's obvious). Plus I just really enjoy his character, he's one of my favorites from the whole series!

This. I was always bugged how the admins didn't get the same amount of attention, like how Team Galactic has Mars and Jupiter battled more than Saturn. Like you said, Courtney and Matt got it even worse, when I played Ruby I even forgot Courtney because her and Matt (in Sapphire) were only battled twice. At least they did get a bit more attention in OR/AS, but Tabitha and Shelly still overshadowed them.

Welcome to the club! You've got some pretty great opinions and I'd love to see you answer some of the other topics! Or, post one of your own! :D I'll add you to the members list shortly after posting this so welcome to the club!

*HISSSSSSS*
    Bad cat! Look for Gothet, not me. #ObviousColorIsObvious

And new topic please?~ Can't wait to spam your club.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Thanks to those who welcomed me (no idea how to quote multiple posts in one post). However, until the marching band season ends, I likely won't be very active. Soon as I have free time back, though, I'll certainly be as active in this club as I can. I will climb the ranks in the glorious Team Rocket!>:)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Thanks to those who welcomed me (no idea how to quote multiple posts in one post). However, until the marching band season ends, I likely won't be very active. Soon as I have free time back, though, I'll certainly be as active in this club as I can. I will climb the ranks in the glorious Team Rocket!>:)

Spoiler:

Speaking of promotions...
    Promotions are granted by the respective team's leader (or myself, stest12, if said team has no leader).

Who is this stest12? :v Must be a Gardepic lover, I reckon'.

But yeah, what's in it for us if we get promoted? Do I get exclusive Gardepics? :v

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Thanks to those who welcomed me (no idea how to quote multiple posts in one post). However, until the marching band season ends, I likely won't be very active. Soon as I have free time back, though, I'll certainly be as active in this club as I can. I will climb the ranks in the glorious Team Rocket!>:)
    No worries! Just make sure you post at least a bit so you don't seem dead (metaphorically, of course) :c

Speaking of promotions...

Who is this stest12? :v Must be a Gardepic lover, I reckon'.

But yeah, what's in it for us if we get promoted? Do I get exclusive Gardepics? :v
    Oh, I know that guy. He's pretty cool. Didn't you get promoted once? Everyone who was part of the 10-member0anniversary got promoted :p

---------NEW TOPIC--------
    Why do you think there hasn't been a female main antagonist yet? Would you like to see one?
    --------------------------------

This topic is a bit of a dangerous one to discuss so please make sure you think before you type and be mindful of others' opinions and respect them as they should yours. That said, enjoy! C:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Why do you think there hasn't been a female main antagonist yet? Would you like to see one?

This topic is a bit of a dangerous one to discuss so please make sure you think before you type and be mindful of others' opinions and respect them as they should yours. That said, enjoy! C:

I agree it's dangerous as it bites. Nah, haha.

Forgive me on skipping the first part of your question, the problem's on me, not your question. ;)

I would like a female boss, because wynaut? Joking aside, there really is no reason to not introduce a female leader. Anyone can be evil, regardless of gender, age and so on. :)

Just look at Hunter J from the DP arc, she's a total villain and no-nonsense.

P.S. Love the reminder. :)

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Ah, thanks!
    No worries! Just make sure you post at least a bit so you don't seem dead (metaphorically, of course) :c

Will do.

As for the topic.... I mean no possible offense in any way with this answer, I am not sexist, and I am even female. But generally, males are physically stronger than females, and I think that has come into play with this. Though physically stronger does not necessarily mean better at other kinds of things in terms of strength, if you just look at the word 'stronger'...yeah. Apparently it's totally fine though to have female admins/elites/whatever you wanna call 'em. I suppose, also, that if you say the main antagonists are the ones in charge of a Team at some point or another, we have had a (albeit temporary) female one. Ariana from HG/SS. After Giovanni left, all four Executives took over the team, working together. Still though, I would love to see a main antagonist that is female. It would be a nice change of pace.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    I agree with you completely but I have to raise this question for you. Is physical strength really a factor in Pokemon? I mean, the main protagonist is a ten year old. I can't see how physical abilities have anything to do with the ability to lead a team :c If a subordinate disobeys you, you get your Houndoom to set them on fire or something xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note to all members;
    I have some sad news. Pokemon Clubs is shutting down. You can find all the details here.
    It's been an amazing ride. Our club is new, I made it a little over a month ago and in that time, we've gotten over a dozen members, become the Club of the Month and achieved over a hundred posts. We've become a unit of evilness, the likes of which have never been seen before! I don't want it to end.

SO! I invite all of you, every single one of you to keep being a part of this amazing club over at it's new home! I'll send everyone of you a PM with a link once it's been moved so that you can find it easily! I really, sincerely hope you'll come over and join me there.

This will be the last post I make in this section. Fear not, this club won't die! I won't let it! It means too much to me and to all of you for me to give up on it! I'll see you all on the other side :3

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I agree with you completely but I have to raise this question for you. Is physical strength really a factor in Pokemon? I mean, the main protagonist is a ten year old. I can't see how physical abilities have anything to do with the ability to lead a team :c If a subordinate disobeys you, you get your Houndoom to set them on fire or something xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note to all members;
    I have some sad news. Pokemon Clubs is shutting down. You can find all the details here.
    It's been an amazing ride. Our club is new, I made it a little over a month ago and in that time, we've gotten over a dozen members, become the Club of the Month and achieved over a hundred posts. We've become a unit of evilness, the likes of which have never been seen before! I don't want it to end.

SO! I invite all of you, every single one of you to keep being a part of this amazing club over at it's new home! I'll send everyone of you a PM with a link once it's been moved so that you can find it easily! I really, sincerely hope you'll come over and join me there.

This will be the last post I make in this section. Fear not, this club won't die! I won't let it! It means too much to me and to all of you for me to give up on it! I'll see you all on the other side :3

I'm so happy that your club is here in PGen. :') -hugs-

Regarding physical powers, in real life sense Rain might be slightly correct (sorry for being vague, don't wanna appear sexist as I'm not one). Interesting, most Pokemon are almost the same when it comes to stats, regardless of the gender (from Gen III and beyond). But I'm stopping from here, or I might stray too far. {XD}

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Nickname: Caite-chan
    Affiliated Team (Rocket/Snagem/Cipher/Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Plasma/Flare): Team Rocket
    Gender you want your sprite to be: Female
    Reason(s) for Joining: It's always good and fun to be bad. :D
    Answer to the highlighted topic/s*:

If you had to join any one team and fight against the other teams, which one would you join?
    I would join Team Rocket because for me because I'm one of the older ones I'm one for old school and Team Rocket was the very first evil team.

Years
  • If you had to join any one team and fight against the other teams, which one would you join?

You'd think that being a 5th Gen fan, that I'd pick Team Plasma... but I deeply love Team Aqua just as much and they use Water-types so I'd definitely join them and drench both Team Magma and Team Flare who do use stuff weak to some of my fave types, not just Water but Fairy as well.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Affiliated Team (Rocket/Snagem/Cipher/Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Plasma/Flare): Team Rocket

If you had to join any one team and fight against the other teams, which one would you join?
    I would join Team Rocket because for me because I'm one of the older ones I'm one for old school and Team Rocket was the very first evil team.

Welcome Caite-chan. Is it me or were you the one with a cute Zapdos as your avatar? If so it's definitely a sweet pleasure to have you here. ^_^

Care to tell us your thoughts on the current topics? As an old school fan, you must have a lot of valuable opinions to offer! XD

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I agree with you completely but I have to raise this question for you. Is physical strength really a factor in Pokemon? I mean, the main protagonist is a ten year old. I can't see how physical abilities have anything to do with the ability to lead a team :c If a subordinate disobeys you, you get your Houndoom to set them on fire or something xD

Note to all members;

To be honest. I'd probably confuse even myself if I tried to answer the physical strength question. As simple as the question is.

Closing? Please excuse me for about half and hour while I go sit in my corner and cry. In the meantime, I will eagerly await this promised link. I regret that I was not able to join this club sooner and rise through the ranks of Team Rocket. Farewell, my beautiful dream of becoming a Boss.

It's really great to see that, despite the news of the clubs being closed down (oh no, I need to go cry again) people are still applying for them. And to make it even better, this particular person is another Rocket! ^^ Gotta say, love the James theme. He's one of my favorite antagonists. Though he's not much of one.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Welcome to the club! I guess the nostalgia does make me love Team Rocket too xD

To be honest. I'd probably confuse even myself if I tried to answer the physical strength question. As simple as the question is.

Closing? Please excuse me for about half and hour while I go sit in my corner and cry. In the meantime, I will eagerly await this promised link. I regret that I was not able to join this club sooner and rise through the ranks of Team Rocket. Farewell, my beautiful dream of becoming a Boss.

It's really great to see that, despite the news of the clubs being closed down (oh no, I need to go cry again) people are still applying for them. And to make it even better, this particular person is another Rocket! ^^ Gotta say, love the James theme. He's one of my favorite antagonists. Though he's not much of one.
    Don't worry, I cried too ;-; But hey! Look, we've got new members! :D You could still become a boss, maybe (wink wink). I'll distribute the PMs shortly after posting :p

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • Team Rocket is meh. I don't find them as interesting as the other teams. Sure, they had a Mewtwo storyline in the anime, but I mostly pay attention to the games. In fact, nowadays, I only play the games. I gave all my cards to my brother, and I stopped watching the anime. Although, I still read the Adventures series. Anyway, Team Rocket just doesn't stand out to me. They're basically thieves, and nothing more. Kinda boring if you ask me. xp

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Team Rocket is meh. I don't find them as interesting as the other teams. Sure, they had a Mewtwo storyline in the anime, but I mostly pay attention to the games. In fact, nowadays, I only play the games. I gave all my cards to my brother, and I stopped watching the anime. Although, I still read the Adventures series. Anyway, Team Rocket just doesn't stand out to me. They're basically thieves, and nothing more. Kinda boring if you ask me. xp
    That's pretty much the only thing I have against them but I kind of like it too. It's pretty conflicting. While it'd be nice to see them having higher aspirations than just to steal Pokemon, they're pretty good at what I do (I mean, not beating a ten year old kid good, but good :p). I just realized they're the mafia of the Pokemon world :o

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Why do you think there hasn't been a female main antagonist yet? Would you like to see one?

I honestly don't know. There is that whole thing about men being physically stronger than women, but even so, there are plenty of very strong women out there and you could also have a very cunning, deceitful woman running a criminal organization, which in my mind would be pretty awesome.

Years
  • Why do you think there hasn't been a female main antagonist yet? Would you like to see one?

I don't know really! Maybe they just never thought of it? Maybe it's something they'll bring fourth in gen VII? I certainly hope so because it would give the female antag lovers someone with whom they can relate!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I honestly don't know. There is that whole thing about men being physically stronger than women, but even so, there are plenty of very strong women out there and you could also have a very cunning, deceitful woman running a criminal organization, which in my mind would be pretty awesome.
    Well, that raises an interesting question, is physical strength necessary to be powerful in the Pokemon world? We can't really discuss that here but I don't think so and so a woman cunning enough and evil enough would do great. Ahem ahem seductive temptress.

I don't know really! Maybe they just never thought of it? Maybe it's something they'll bring fourth in gen VII? I certainly hope so because it would give the female antag lovers someone with whom they can relate!
    I really want to see a female antagonist in Gen VII, it would be pretty fun to see how it plays out c:

Years
  • I do not believe physical strength is really THAT important, after all it's your pokemon that do the work and the battling, not you. I'm sure someone weak could also be a great trainer, especially since in the games our protags are like 10 and not exactly strong, but they still manage to raise up their pokemon.

Back