• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

== Intense Intents in Tents | The Antagonist's Club ==

Which of the Villainous Teams is Your Favourite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Well, like team Magma/Aqua, I think a certain theme would help with being able to have more variety. Like maybe a team that wants all the earth's resources for themselves could use steel/ground/rock types.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well, like team Magma/Aqua, I think a certain theme would help with being able to have more variety. Like maybe a team that wants all the earth's resources for themselves could use steel/ground/rock types.

Heeheehee, I wonder if it's possible to have a team that is devoted to the Ghost type and Fairy-types? {XD}

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • Nickname: Luneh
    Affiliated Team: Team Galactic
    Sprite Gender: Male
    Reason for joining: The villains in the series is one of the reasons that the series is amazing.

Which of the villanious teams is your favourite and why?
    Definitely Team Galactic. Cyrus is such a dark character, and his ideals are very dark as well. Using time AND space to create his own, perfect world. And in Platinum, it's even better with the addition of Giratina.

Which villainous leader do you think you're most like? Why?
    I see myself being Lysandre more than any of the other leaders. Him and I both have sort of the same mindset. Yes, this world is disgusting and there are a lot of bad people in it. However, I do understand that that will never change no matter what happens, there will always be bad people in the world.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Nickname: Luneh
    Affiliated Team: Team Galactic
    Sprite Gender: Male
    Reason for joining: The villains in the series is one of the reasons that the series is amazing.

Which of the villanious teams is your favourite and why?
    Definitely Team Galactic. Cyrus is such a dark character, and his ideals are very dark as well. Using time AND space to create his own, perfect world. And in Platinum, it's even better with the addition of Giratina.

Which villainous leader do you think you're most like? Why?
    I see myself being Lysandre more than any of the other leaders. Him and I both have sort of the same mindset. Yes, this world is disgusting and there are a lot of bad people in it. However, I do understand that that will never change no matter what happens, there will always be bad people in the world.

Heeheee, the more the merrier and more evil! >:)

Welcome to the forum's most evil club! :D

There are a bit of similarities between Cyrus and Lysandre, what do you think about it?

Years
  • Nickname: Gold
    Affiliated Team: Team Rocket
    Gender you want your sprite to be: Male
    Reason for joining: I would like to see different perspectives on these villains and their villainous deeds. Also I am really a big fan of Giovanni :)

Where do you think teams without a business (Galactic, Aqua and Magma) get funds from?
    -I think their leaders are one of the elites in the society and is connected with different rich and powerful people who's funding their different endeavors.

What do you think the members of villainous teams get as payment?
    -Slowpoke tail XD I think some of them don't get paid and they do it for their loyalty to their cause.

What if the player's character had the option of joining the antagonists?
    -I will definitely join their ranks and gradually rise up to the top and overthrow the leader. Maybe change their perspective for the good..

Why do you think there has never been a character from the player's life (eg:- rival, relations, professor) that joins/forms a villainous team?
    -I think for the good people (relations, professors, gym leaders), gamefreak wants to set them as good role model for the kids.

Why do you think it's necessary to have villainous teams in all Pokemon games and why?
    -I think its a good medium/instrument for sending the moral of the story to the kids/gamers.

Which main antagonist (villainous team leaders) is your favourite and why?
    -Giovanni. Because he is a gym leader as well. It's a good realization that not all gym leaders are good people. Also, there is so much mystery in his character. I've been reading some conspiracy theories revolving around his character and I can say that some of them can really pass up as a good plot twist for pokemon games if the developers will consider them.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Nickname: Gold
    Affiliated Team: Team Rocket
    Gender you want your sprite to be: Male
    Reason for joining: I would like to see different perspectives on these villains and their villainous deeds. Also I am really a big fan of Giovanni :)

Where do you think teams without a business (Galactic, Aqua and Magma) get funds from?
    -I think their leaders are one of the elites in the society and is connected with different rich and powerful people who's funding their different endeavors.

What do you think the members of villainous teams get as payment?
    -Slowpoke tail XD I think some of them don't get paid and they do it for their loyalty to their cause.

What if the player's character had the option of joining the antagonists?
    -I will definitely join their ranks and gradually rise up to the top and overthrow the leader. Maybe change their perspective for the good..

Why do you think there has never been a character from the player's life (eg:- rival, relations, professor) that joins/forms a villainous team?
    -I think for the good people (relations, professors, gym leaders), gamefreak wants to set them as good role model for the kids.

Why do you think it's necessary to have villainous teams in all Pokemon games and why?
    -I think its a good medium/instrument for sending the moral of the story to the kids/gamers.

-Giovanni. Because he is a gym leader as well. It's a good realization that not all gym leaders are good people. Also, there is so much mystery in his character. I've been reading some conspiracy theories revolving around his character and I can say that some of them can really pass up as a good plot twist for pokemon games if the developers will consider them.

Hello, hello! Welcome to PC's most bada-- club! {XD} You've got a lot of great point over there. :) Let's see what will the club owner say about them. :D

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Welcome to the club! You've answered a lot of topics, that's awesome! :D I'll try to respond to them all! I suppose the evil teams can hold a fundraiser ball or something to collect money, eh? Now that you mention it, Slowpoke Tails do seem like great rewards! I hear they're quite the delicacy xD It's true that the "good" characters are meant to be role models but wouldn't it be great for the plot of a person were to turn evil?! Giovanni is certainly the one with the most class! Despite losing to the player he still retains his dignity and faces you as a Gym Leader!

Feel free to answer more topics or post your own! Welcome again!

Spoiler:
    Welcome to the club! Cyrus seems to be the favourite of most people (jncluding me!) but that's no surprise, he's pretty much the coolest and most evil (or so I think) of them all. Your view on the world seems to be a mirror image of mine (except it's not inverted :p). I think the same way too but I don't quite think Lysandre understands that it can't be changed. I personally feel like Cyrus was the one who understood this and that's why he really wanted to create his own world. :o

Welcome again and feel free to answer more topics. Or, you could post some of your own! :D

Spoiler:
    Thank you for the topic, I've added it to the Other Topics list! ^.^ Here's my answer; Of course! I'd love to see a evil team using Fairy types, it would be quite ironic! It's always nice to see diverse teams as they provide more of a challenge and doesn't result in one team member doing all the work :D
    ----------------------------------------
    I'd like to thank everyone (especially Haku and Sun) for keeping the club active in my absence! I haven't got much time these days but you guys (everyone!) has kept this club going! Thank you!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll just pick a random topic so that Ketsu doesn't remove me for being inactive... because I hate getting kicked out

I agree with what Gold said, I guess the reason why this never happens is because they want to set a positive role model for kids because kids tend to rely on role models as an influence and getting badly influenced may cause the rest of their life to take nothing but a dark turn.

Years
  • It's true that the "good" characters are meant to be role models but wouldn't it be great for the plot of a person were to turn evil?!

Well that would be a good plot twist for the generations to come. I think it would be great if say for example a certain relative (maybe uncle, father, brother) of the protagonist helped him in every step of the way to become the pokemon champion only to find out in the end that the said relative is the mastermind of a certain evil organization and he did all that so that he can recruit you for their cause. >:)

I would like to propose for a topic:

Would you like to see a team villain from previous generations to make a comeback in the coming generations? What team and why?

Thanks

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I would like to propose for a topic:

Would you like to see a team villain from previous generations to make a comeback in the coming generations? What team and why?

I would nominate Cyrus or Lysandre, they have an interest background. I would love to explore the stories behind them, like what kind of incidents in their lives made them that extreme.

How about you, Go!d?

Years
  • I would nominate Cyrus or Lysandre, they have an interest background. I would love to explore the stories behind them, like what kind of incidents in their lives made them that extreme.

How about you, Go!d?

I would like the Team Rocket Executives Ariana, Proton, Petrel and Archer to come back in Generation VII. They are the main antagonists in HG/SS but were not properly given a spotlight due to being just shadows of once Great Giovanni. I feel like there is something more to them than just being Rocket Executives. And what evil deeds have they done to be promoted as executives in such an evil group? {XD}

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Aw, I'd hate to kick you out so stick around and hang out! :)

Spoiler:
    Thank you for the topic, I'll add it to the list immediately! As for my answer, I'd nominate Cyrus and Giovanni coming back together. I think they'd make a great duo with Cyrus being the brains and Giovanni being the muscle :p

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Aw, I'd hate to kick you out so stick around and hang out! :)

Thank you for the topic, I'll add it to the list immediately! As for my answer, I'd nominate Cyrus and Giovanni coming back together. I think they'd make a great duo with Cyrus being the brains and Giovanni being the muscle :p

No one would dare to kick out Nichole anyway, she's PC's brand. Kicking her out is no different than encouraging a start of riot. {XD}

Hmm, your idea is interesting. It's basically an all-star villain gathering. :)

Tamashi_Seishiro

Badoop Badoop Banana Bus!
    Years
  • I would like the Team Rocket Executives Ariana, Proton, Petrel and Archer to come back in Generation VII. They are the main antagonists in HG/SS but were not properly given a spotlight due to being just shadows of once Great Giovanni. I feel like there is something more to them than just being Rocket Executives. And what evil deeds have they done to be promoted as executives in such an evil group? {XD}

I agree. They deserve more love! People these days like other teams, that they forgot the first villainous team to make the whole game/anime thrilling. (also, I want Jessie, and James in the game too!)

Spoiler:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I agree. They deserve more love! People these days like other teams, that they forgot the first villainous team to make the whole game/anime thrilling. (also, I want Jessie, and James in the game too!)

Spoiler:

I absolutely agree! I've always felt that the commanders (?) of villainous teams don't get enough screen time even though sometimes, they're more interesting than the villain himself.

It'd be wonderful to see a game where commanders from past games band together to form their own group or something along those line :P

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I absolutely agree! I've always felt that the commanders (?) of villainous teams don't get enough screen time even though sometimes, they're more interesting than the villain himself.

It'd be wonderful to see a game where commanders from past games band together to form their own group or something along those line :P

This is so true. Mars from Galactic has so much potential. Meanwhile Saturn's appearance is little to none.

Courtney and Matt are suffering the spotlight problem a lot. While Shelly and Tabitha gained more in their respective related remakes welp.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • This is so true. Mars from Galactic has so much potential. Meanwhile Saturn's appearance is little to none.

Courtney and Matt are suffering the spotlight problem a lot. While Shelly and Tabitha gained more in their respective related remakes welp.

I was thinking of mentioning Mars but I knew you would do it too :p All in all, I think we can all agree that everyone here would love to see a game where commanders are the ones who shine :p

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Why have I not discovered this club sooner?!

Nickname: Rain
    Affiliated Team: Rocket for life!
    Reason(s) for Joining: Recruitment into Team Rocket I have a thing for the villains, and the Teams have always been well-loved. Ignore the fact that I have absolutely no experience with Galactic, Cipher, or Snagem.
    Answer to Topic: See below

Not sure if he really counts, since the poor kid was just a puppet for the real boss, but N is my absolute favorite! *squees* He's freakin' adorable, grew up with/can understand Pokemon, is very good-looking, actually thought he was doing what was right rather than just trying to take over/destroy/whatever the hell the other Teams thought they were doing to the world, and is so goddamn Arceusdamn cute that it should be illegal!
    If N doesn't count though, because he was never truly the real 'king' of Team Plasma, then Giovanni is the one! That man was the original bad guy, led an evil, criminal organization while simultaneously running the Viridian Gym and a multi-million (billion?) Pokedollar corporation. That takes a certain amount of skill and genius, especially as he went so long without being discovered. He's got some classy tastes (tailored suits galore, as well as a Persian always by his side), his underlings are 100% devoted to him (Archer literally cries in the HG/SS chapter of Pokemon Adventures when Giovanni returns), and he has power (no example needed, this one's obvious). Plus I just really enjoy his character, he's one of my favorites from the whole series!

Years
  • This is so true. Mars from Galactic has so much potential. Meanwhile Saturn's appearance is little to none.

This. I was always bugged how the admins didn't get the same amount of attention, like how Team Galactic has Mars and Jupiter battled more than Saturn. Like you said, Courtney and Matt got it even worse, when I played Ruby I even forgot Courtney because her and Matt (in Sapphire) were only battled twice. At least they did get a bit more attention in OR/AS, but Tabitha and Shelly still overshadowed them.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Why have I not discovered this club sooner?!

Nickname: Rain
    Affiliated Team: Rocket for life!
    Reason(s) for Joining: Recruitment into Team Rocket I have a thing for the villains, and the Teams have always been well-loved. Ignore the fact that I have absolutely no experience with Galactic, Cipher, or Snagem.
    Answer to Topic: See below

Not sure if he really counts, since the poor kid was just a puppet for the real boss, but N is my absolute favorite! *squees* He's freakin' adorable, grew up with/can understand Pokemon, is very good-looking, actually thought he was doing what was right rather than just trying to take over/destroy/whatever the hell the other Teams thought they were doing to the world, and is so goddamn Arceusdamn cute that it should be illegal!
    If N doesn't count though, because he was never truly the real 'king' of Team Plasma, then Giovanni is the one! That man was the original bad guy, led an evil, criminal organization while simultaneously running the Viridian Gym and a multi-million (billion?) Pokedollar corporation. That takes a certain amount of skill and genius, especially as he went so long without being discovered. He's got some classy tastes (tailored suits galore, as well as a Persian always by his side), his underlings are 100% devoted to him (Archer literally cries in the HG/SS chapter of Pokemon Adventures when Giovanni returns), and he has power (no example needed, this one's obvious). Plus I just really enjoy his character, he's one of my favorites from the whole series!

This is blasphemy, outrageous and unforgivable! How can you ignore this club's existence!? This is intolerable, you must be crucified!
    Chillax, just completely joking! N (and Colress count) as either of them were leaders of Plasma at one point, with Ghetsis as the true mastermind behind the schemes!

I love your insight on Team Rocket and the mention on Pokemon Adventures/Pokemon Specials. They bring more discussions and interesting points.

Welcome to the club, Rain. :) I'd really love to see your thoughts and posts on our previous topics, I've always love your posts from the another club. Have fun and see ya around!
    This. I was always bugged how the admins didn't get the same amount of attention, like how Team Galactic has Mars and Jupiter battled more than Saturn. Like you said, Courtney and Matt got it even worse, when I played Ruby I even forgot Courtney because her and Matt (in Sapphire) were only battled twice. At least they did get a bit more attention in OR/AS, but Tabitha and Shelly still overshadowed them.
    While I like Saturn, they could have had Mars and Jupiter split his role. The reason why that guy existed, it's because of the three lakes.

That reminds me, Courtney has no role in Emerald; she doesn't exist. Matt's appearance was more like a cameo in Emerald.

Back