• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do IRL people know you go on PC?

Years
This is my only way of escaping irl problems so no. Also, both parties will most likely humiliate me.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
A few do, but it doesn't come up much in conversation, so most don't.

I'd have no problem telling people about it though. If I knew anybody IRL who was as into Pokemon as I am, I'd actually invite them to join :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Yeah my sister...but the topic hasn't really come up anywhere. I don't actively spread the word of my forum presence here. It's just if the topic comes up, sweet. If not, meh.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
I don't think anyone really knows. My parents might have an idea? One of ym friends from high school used to come on here with me and we RP'd, but we don't talk to each other anymore. :P

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Some people do, but I think it's a factoid that's easily forgotten. Like most people have said, it just really doesn't come up in conversation.

But then again, I'm not so prideful that I'd go and hide the fact that I'm here- if someone asks what I'm doing online, I'll tell them. If they ask further questions, then I'll delve a little deeper into it. More often than not, they just say "ah cool" and go about their business |D

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Yeah, one of my old flatmates saw me on here a while ago. Here's how the conversation went:
Him: "Is that Pokemon?"
Me: "Yeah..."
Him: "Ok."

And it was never mentioned again.

Years
my brother and like two or three of my closest friends but that's about it. i don't really try to bring it up either d:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I don't try to hide it. Most people just don't care and if they ask about it then usually conversations about it go like "Oh you're on a pokemon forum? Good for you" or "Omg that's where I get my hacks from." My parents know and most of my friends do too as well. It doesn't bother me and it's really not something to be ashamed of or anything :T

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I'm sure my dad at least knows I'm on A Pokemon forum. and A Sonic forum, and Skype...

I may or may not have told my irl best friend about this place once or twice? she probably forgot though. Other than that.... I don't think anyone knows. I think I prefer it that way too ^.^

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
My parents know and that's it. They're really the only ones who need to so they know why I'm on the computer so much :P

Melody

Banned
Years
I don't hide it. But I don't advertise it. But deep down I'd love to sometimes ask people I see day to day if they visit PC. But I honestly have never met anybody I know from PC in person. I sure wish I could though. But then again I am a shy person.

But I'd probably willingly meet someone if they came to visit me and I knew them well enough.

srinator

I have only told one person irl about this place cause he was interested in competitive battling as well, but I generally keep it a secret from almost everyone else, my mom once saw me playing a match but I told her that it was a video by one of my friend :| anyway I stay alone now so yh

Back