• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do IRL people know you go on PC?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • When I first joined PC and forums, I used to keep it a somewhat secret that I went on forums on the fear that they'd read anything that I wrote. Eventually people from my class/ friends from college would see me on PC sometimes during break or lunch, but never really commented about it.

These days I know a couple of my friends know I go on forums in general, but I know they wouldn't go searching or will actively go on the forum themselves. My parents know about my forum life, but don't really care nor won't go looking either.

Do you have any friends, parents or any kind of people in general who know you go on PC? Or is it something you keep to yourself?

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I don't necessarily tell all my friends "hey guys I go on this Pokemon forum" but my close friends do know I roleplay quite a bit on here since I tell them about my awesome characters XD

Years
  • Pretty much what foxy said, I don't exactly hide it from people but at the same time I don't brag about it. Even when I spent every second of my spare time on here I'd still keep quiet about it unless someone asked what I was doing.

Years
  • My husband knows that I'm on this forum. He doesn't really care, the most that will happen is that he might make a comment to me about it (such as "anything going on with your forum?") if he happens to glance over while I have this open in a tab.

But he's the only one. I don't recall telling anybody else about it and I would prefer to keep it that way. I even took steps to make sure what I was browsing couldn't readily be identified as a pokemon forum if I was out on a computer that wasn't my own (such as a school computer). Not even my family knows I'm on here. :B I think.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I have none. Either way, there's no point on keeping it as a secret since it's like lying to yourself.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ldb6oE5.gif

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I used to had it in the beginning, but over time I started to care less about keeping it secret. I'm not explicitly telling this to all my friends, but I think a few of them know. Furthermore my parents do (I think) and by younger brother used to lurk here for some time until he recently made an account too.

Years
  • My mother and brother have seen me looking at PC (and even Tumblr), but I try to shove them away because they are mean to me and I don't want them knowing about my internet life. My brother in particular is extremely evil (in fact, so sneaky he became evil) and bullies me about it. No-one else in real life knows I go on here, and I want it to be that way because I like to not leak my online identity.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I don't know anyone who has an account here.
    There are a few people who know I have an account here and they don't mind.

Even if they did mind I wouldn't care

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My mother and brother have seen me looking at PC (and even Tumblr), but I try to shove them away because they are mean to me and I don't want them knowing about my internet life. My brother in particular is extremely evil (in fact, so sneaky he became evil) and bullies me about it. No-one else in real life knows I go on here, and I want it to be that way because I like to not leak my online identity.
    I understand you. My siblings have seen me hanging around PC and I kinda don't want them to look. I sorta think my sister could actually join too, if I showed her this place properly though. But like you, I kind of want to keep this private. PC is my oasis! The place where nobody irl needs to know what I'm like or what I do. It's soothing to have this place.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I'm generally quite open about it. I LIKE POKEMON. Anyone who knows me well knows this. My brother knows, my college friends know, my other friends know. Tbh though, I guess I don't discuss pokemon much on this forum, I just have fun in the role-play corner, which to me is just co-writing a story anyway.
    There's nothing to hide

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Nope lmao. Even if people did I wouldn't be worried about them looking for posts I made or what I had to say. My irl name and alias names is different than my online forum name, besides I got many. There's too many members on PC for someone to find me.

Years
  • My family know I visit a forum. That's about it.

I don't really tell people about PC, it's my escape from real life so I don't want people finding me here for one thing. Besides half the people I know would just give me crap for being here and whilst their opinions don't bother me I can't be bothered dealing with them.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    When I was on holiday in Paris a few years back I met a girl who I'd met online on here before. <3

Other than that? not really. We have a Pokemon society up here but I haven't asked any of them yet.

Back